It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government locking people into ridiculous high prices electricity monopolies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: marsend

Living in the outskirts of Melbourne, the weather over the past few weeks has been really mild, not many 1 degree overnight lows, average 7 to 13 degrees overnight, whhich is really early spring weather

The days are crisp though beautiful

It’s late winter though the days have been pretty reasonable. I remember growing up in Melbourne we would have 3 to 4 days of rain straight.

Have seen days of rain for a long time.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

No I don't have much of a sense of humor, It is a free world, you can reaffirm or confirm your beliefs however you need to, I wont be. I know many miners and others that think there is nothing to see here and that the climate change thing is a con job, just ask the executives of Exxon or BP and I am sure they can agree with you, heck they might even find you more figures to confirm your beliefs. I guess it is easier if climate change is just a big hoax created by Greta.

Based on this attitude I wont have to fight any fires this coming summer. I wont have starving animals eating everything they can even dirt before they die of starvation when we can no longer feed them due to the paddocks having no grass, because we are already in another drought.

I am just so glad you commented and had your say, you may very well be right given all those shiny facts you offered and given that such credible leaders of society you know our oil executives are so honest. Perhaps I am not being paid enough to see the big climate con job. I will certainly consider this the next time our bush is burning or we are suffering due to more heat waves. I will have to inform a few flood victims and fire victims of your wisdom and let them know there is nothing to see here. Good on you.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I always thought Victoria was like Wellington NZ, four seasons in one day :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It’s no longer government for the people by the people it’s government for the corporates

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Lol it used to be though the weather is pretty reasonable, though maybe I have become accepting of it or immune, as I have been riding a bike as daily transport rain hail or shine.

It’s just wearing wet weather gear, keeps me dry.

So I just accept it’s pouring down I gotta get to work or home. I just suck it up.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The canceling of such is astounding. Some of our leaders have no idea, they make it up as they go. By the end of the day the public will get screwed as they always do and they will have to pay and pay more for every incompetent decision some of our so called leaders make. I guess we get what we deserve in many ways.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The Aussie way, she will be rite mate. Just crack on, and if your not hard enough have a spoon of concrete. Funny how most of us just suck it up and get on with it, rain hail or snow. Bikes and wet weather o so much fun :-) Either way good on you.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Agreed, the attitude with the big wages by tradies on the big build show me the money. Some of these twerps are on 5k a week for 30 hours, it’s whatvhappens when the cfmeu are in control.

Problem is there’s no one asking questions.

I have ring many times to the local labor member of parliament about issues, she never calls back.

Though people don’t want to complain or don’t know how, or realise they are screwed and know it.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I enjoy cycling, get a movement. Plus it saves me money on driving.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Unfortunately or fortunately the Aussie public is mostly disgustingly apathetic, sad to say most Aussies don't really care about it all to much, as many are living day to day. Life as such often gets in their way as you know. Form my perspective most Aussies are more likely to get upset over their footy team or warm beer than giving a hoot about the climate or those bloody kangaroos. My view may be wrong but I am thinking that some serious climate stuff is now occurring, old bush people around me confirm this, we are talking about folks who have live in the bush all their lives. As we know time will tell.

I get the hunch the media and Gov co are more interest in us all focusing on the boy who saved the cat rather then how scared we should be and actually telling us all the truth, that they the leaders will not be saving us, as they will be to busy saving their own Royal Highnies and filling their pockets on the way out the door. You know that feeling that say the peasants who were locked in the lower decks of the Titanic so as to drown by their so called guardians would have felt. In general those that live in the cities possibly wouldn't notice it as much after all it comes out of a tap, AC socket or is grown in Coles or Woolies. The closest most come to nature is the dead grass on the curb they cross over entering their car or the park they drive past during their travels. Of course tomorrow is a new day and anything is possible :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'd imagine the electrical grid is both private and publicly owned, no?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Australia produces a LOT of natural gas
www.statista.com...#:~:text=At%20the%20end%20of%202022,around%2046.7%20billion%20cubic%20mete rs.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For perspective....

I live in France and it's very easy and convenient to use bottled gas for cooking because of the rural nature and often isolation of most properties. Butane is about 45 euros a refil and I perhaps use 2 refills per year so that's a total of 90 euros! Would sure cost a lot more in electricity I'm sure.

No problem if there's a power cut too and I have spare bottles I've accumulated over the years so I can always keep cooking when the next refil is planned ahead without needing to completely use the fitted one.

There is "gaz de ville" for those in towns and cities but I have no idea of the costs for that.

I also think it's sensible to remove gas appliances to new homes if there is the option for electric because I've seen the damage a gas blast can have, especially on innocant neigbours.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There is supposedly a cheap and easy diy modification kit to run a car, truck, suv on natural gas; If it was petrol from the factory. I was once planning a motorcycle where the tank frame area was going to be modified to fit a standard propane tank for a grill... But then thought of how fun that kind of explosion between my legs would be and decided against it.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here in American you don't have a choice of electrical providers either. You pay what they say you pay, and can't switch.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
After their gun bannings and severely limited ownership of guns in Australia, it was only a matter of time before corrupt and totalitarian forces overtook Australian authority to the point where INHUMANE laws, regulations and rules like this would happen.
(Of course Australia was just one of many countries guilty of cooperating together to do this).. Getting every country onboard is important for global tyranny to spread and hold.

Worse things are still to come, and terrible things during lockdowns already happened to shine a light on just how inhumane things are becoming because of corrupt people. Spiritually corrupt people with no real love for their fellow human, but only themselves and their inner circle of domestic terrorists.

Freedom is NOT free, and the horrifying prices that have been paid in the past for freedom prove that.

edit on 28-7-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
The production is private one company, the distribution is a second seperate company and the billing is a 3rd seperate company.

So many fingers in the pie where corporate profits are number 1

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three
That’s what’s happening here the prices from all providers are so similar it’s like price collusion

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
This has been a long term plan for Australia. Crap terms like unaustralian what a crap term concocted to unite people. And disenfranchise people who didn’t believe in the con.

I have often said Australia especially Victoria is a testing ground for WEF AND THE NEW ORDER.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The whole thing with selling next Gen solar tech to car companies and businesses is that the government does not have a way to charge people for the sun....

This is kinda the whole evil plot behind Woketard Global Warming /Climate Change for the idiots who are to stupid to see the bait and switch democrat tactic they pulled of with the flip of a tounge..

NASA has had this tech for 60 years and has hidden it away from the world...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join