It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government locking people into ridiculous high prices electricity monopolies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
In Victoria, Australia the state gubment, has passed a policy that you can no longer use gas appliances in a new house build.

I can see this is going to be hard. If you have gas and electric in your home, if you get a energy outage you can still cook on gas or electricity should one go out.

Now if you’ve been bad, it’s easier to cut your electricity by smart meter control, the gubment will control your power.

where it’s harder to cut gas off.

Also if your only choice is all electric then this is an open invitation for electricity suppliers to keep jacking up prices, and you have no choice.

This policy is not about emission reductions.

If carbon was such an issue, the get rid off all sea water kill off All sea life, as this is the biggest carbon producer.

amp.theage.com.au...
edit on 28-7-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

If there aren't any natural gas deposits or if they are contracted/outsourced and or the ones you have are being reserved/preserved? Then the new coding is likely to be an initiative to the electrical grid in a form of the many ways to procure/produce it as a renewable energy source... Since natural gas unless it is produced from a sewage plant or piped from a pocket of decaying plant/animal material from it usually isn't a preferred source. Hydrogen as a renewable gas is still in it's early phases of study and production in all facets of consumer use in safety and production.

Since there are solar options, wind options, nuclear options, desalination of seawater options... they are seen as the alternative energy sources so no one would go out of service in the use of it. Natural gas having only few sources or having to be outsourced? Isn't seen as a viable outlet to keeping the home fires burning.

edit on 28-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's all part of the Green Agenda. Stripping away our rights and freedoms one step ata time.

I like cooking with gas, so my simple solution is a own a giant gas bottle that's stored on my property.

I only use it for my cooktop, so a $200 refill lasts about 5 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I do see what you are saying, bass strait is a massive natural gas field, a lot of this gas is being piped to interstate ports, to be exported overseas as the gas is sold for higher prices.

If the gas was kept locally then we would have substantial supplies and lower prices.

I think that development into farming methane, and gas from sewerage farms really needs to be considered.

At least it’s renewable.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Interesting, I was bemused when the AUS Gov, offered energy rebates to us peasants, the energy companies raised their rates, so as to gobble it all up. we are still laughing it would have made more sense to give the rebates in a financial gift to the public to spend as needed. But as usual it was just more company welfare disguised as a rebate, they may as well of just handed it out to the corporations, my share holder friends thought it was fantastic.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

I wonder how a new build of a Chinese wok restaurant would be able to make dishes in an electric wok.

That’s pretty reasonable for 5 years of cooking.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Cute, as if we wouldn't survive without government procuring heating. No government is not locking us in, we're doing this all by ourselves by being lazy, scared, complacent, and without vision for a better future for all...

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marsend

Clearly these rebates are disguised as you pointed out corporate welfare.

Look at the cancellation of the commonwealth games, there’s many staff who have 4 year permanent contracts, which has been revealed the staff will be paid their $200 thousand a year for doing nothing as they are no longer required.

I would hazard they would be laid out their full contact salary due to cancellation.

Look at the 1 billion dollars compo Dan paid out when he cancelled the east west link project that was not started.

He loves giving our money away.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   

My city has a small one and as a carbon reduction quit burning off the excess gas in a large flame plume making it stink really bad in about mile radius. So I don't know whats worse... Contaminated air with feces etc in it or the carbon.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Agreed, after all that has been done to victims of Victoria, it’s like people have list self respect, the ability to challenge and think independently.

People are just rolling over and taking it.

I do see we need to conserve energy, though cannot understand why the list to reduce carbon is:

Internal combustion engined Cars
Natural gas.

Where are cows, ocean life, birds, athletes, on the list.

My fear being in time, when Victoria’s coal fired power stations ate shut down, what the blackouts and energy rationing will we face as the batteries are proven to be good for only an hour for 2000 homes.

We will need millions more batteries which they have their sever environmental impacts
And child Slave labour issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Ohhh, nasty. Cant it be captured and bolled

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yeah all in the clothes and mouth while driving, riding, running or woking down the street it's on... Some locals refer to it as: Twenty-turd street a play on the 23rd number it has as a street designation. The airport and tv/movie studios are right in the wind vicinity of it making it a really warm welcome to our fine sheety.

anyhoo

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   

All the clowns are going to run around pretending they have solutions, the consultants, the greedy, the stupid and of course the ugly, however it goes loads of cash will be wasted / made. The fingers will point here and there, they will blame gas, they will blame the sun what ever will distract the masses, basically little will change.

However I am happy to inform my fellow humans, that the climate is collapsing, it is Sayonara for the clown world we now live in. Watch the tears when we are hitting 50 degrees here in Aussie and the country is burning once again, which it is going to. Or the following season where the next floods destroy more lives. I stopped asking what has happened to our last lot of climate refugees from the 2019 fires and the following floods, let me guess nothing much has happened, the camera crews left, the consultants moved in and made loads of cash while as usual the public got screwed. Doesn't the public realize that the greedy have been lying to us for over 50 years in regard to our climate. And now even the innocent will pay.

What is so wrong with us all, are we naught but destroyers, why do the masses gobble up what ever rubbish the spin doctors create, why hasn't Rome burnt already, where are the pitch forks, do we just pretend this is not happening. I may have been in the bush to long. I am not seeing bugs anymore, we used to have to scrape our car wind screens just to see with all the dead bugs but not any more. We used to see Galahs and Cockys for as far as the paddock would go, not any more, 20 is a big flock. We have old trees now dead many just died in the 2019 drought, or was it the big coal mines that sucked all the water from the land I belong to that killed them.

I guess the good news is that at the rate I am seeing all the Roos and Wallabies and Wombats killed, along with all the exclusion fencing these should be no further problem for all the workers tearing along on our roads, At a guess by 2025 they could all be dead. Australia needs to wake up. Please wake me and tell me this is a bad dream. It was a beautiful planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There are too many "Green New Dealers" aka WEF agents in some of the so called western nations. People should chase these hostile criminals out of their nations, best would be we send them straight to mars or even better, straight into the sun.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Thank you, you have hit the nail on the head, looking at the temperatures in Greece and Europe, some countries are hitting the late 40’s celcius which is odd for Europe.

The bushfires appear to be out of control. Though I can see it getting worse, when in Portugal a while ago it was like an Aussie Forrest the amount of blugums and eucalyptus trees was insane there everywhere.

They are a volatile tree as we know.

I have noticed that insects seem to be dying off, when driving up to Merimbula about 8 years ago, I had to stop at least hourly and clean the windscreen, going up that way recently there were far less stops, maybe it was a different time of the year.

It’s getting bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

That’s rank, can’t the council or state intervene?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

That’s rank, can’t the council or state intervene?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"However I am happy to inform my fellow humans, that the climate is collapsing, it is Sayonara for the clown world we now live in."

You are joking, right? Right? It´s satire, isn´t it?

Is it you Climate Emergency Fund???

Btw, at the time of the roman empire the temperature worldwide was higher than nowadays. But maybe that´s why the empire fell, at least could this be a story of the "climate saviors" to freak people out who love to fall for the panic propaganda of a few stinky rich puppet masters and their MSM.

In the middle ages they came up with ecclesiastical indulgences, nowadays they come up with a CO2 tax because the "climate collapses" and we naked apes have to change that (what a hubris if it would be like that). And the average people love to be fooled again and pay and pay and pay to make some stinky rich MF´s even more rich, without questioning anything.

I am sitting here, right in the middle of the summer, and since around one week it doesn´t stop to rain and is cold like in fall or early spring. And there is no end in sight for that sh!t weather. Nothing to keep the climate panic up here in Germany. Guess what the news do? They report constantly from Greece and the wild fires there, which were started by arsonist or careless idiots but not a collapsing climate. They report as if it would be the first time that they have temperatures like this in the middle of the summer and as if it would be the first time that it´s burning there. While this happens every, really every single summer since i follow the news, that´s a few decades. Why do they have to pull such obvious stunts if there really would be a huge problem? They could simply report about the facts if there only would be any evidence that the climate is collapsing and in addition to that, only because of mankind and nothing else.

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
―allegedly Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

There's an odor reporting website and a promise to reduce the smell within three years back in 2006... So nope.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yes I have to agree with you about the bugs and their scarcity and that it may be because of winter, but here in the central west of NSW, we are back into a drought already, everything is starving and or brown ready to burn. The mornings are cold but the days are presenting themselves as spring, they are beautiful. There are new born sheep everywhere. The male Roos and Wallabies are fighting and carrying on as if it spring and the birds are nesting. The queer thing is it is we are meant to be just past the middle of winter. Something is seriously amiss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join