It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearty soup.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
One of my favorites is Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup

I always add ham or bacon.
edit on 15-6-2023 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

My favorite as well!

Hard to think of soup in the summer though.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Scottish soup:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A blast from the past - soup advert from about 1990.
Ah, #, white people!

edit on 15-6-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Spanish Gypsy Stew:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Minestrone Soup:

"Oxo-block, and you're to blame.
You give stock a bad name".

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Veggie Beef

You start early in the week with bunch of bones - knuckle, neck, marrow, oxtail. ... This simmers over a few days into bone broth.

Then the day before you add half a head of shredded cabbage and cooked, mashed potato. Simmer some more.

Day of you add onion, garlic red wine crushed tomato. You also brown some nice chuck. You will be adding chopped potato, carrot, rutabaga, celery, beans, any other veggies to taste, in batches as needed to cook to desired done Ness. Add browned chuck toward the end.

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I make cream of asparagus soup quite often. I cut a whole pack of asparagus up into pieces, wash and boil it for about ten minutes, then drain out half of the juice and dump in a can of cream of cellery soup which is under a buck, a big patty of butter, some milk, and some cheese, usually American real cheese. I just buy the cheap store brand of soup....doesn't matter because there is lots of flavor when it is done.

Now I make it quite often, when asparagus is on sale usually. It is a good anti-epilepsy medicine and when I do make it it is because my seizure risk is high and I need to get a strong treatment without lots of work. Twenty five minutes and I am eating it.

i make a real lot of soup, mostly from scratch except this one which utilizes cream of celery soup as a base. I am presently boiling beef meaty bones with some cabbage and carrots and celery to make beef broth for soup, I already removed the meat off the bones and cartilage after two hours of boiling and returned the bones and cartilage to the pot. It will be ready to strain and get ready for a new round of veggies and the meat added back to the broth to start the finished soup. I make a big pot of soup every week, and often give a big pot of soup to the daughters for their families. Today, I just made a pot for the wife and I to have soup for about three days.

It was only thirty five at our house this morning, and the furnace has been running all day, even with that pot of soup boiling all day. What the hell happened to global warming, it is the middle of June...Oh I forgot, that is normal in the UP to have frost in june and a high of sixty degrees F. outside.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Abalone and Winter Melon soup:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hare Krishna buffet in Mumbai (no alcohol of course).

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Parsley Soup:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Bok-choy recipe:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good old tomato soup for me with some nice toast and pepper !

All the best

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
German Beer Cheese Soup.

What?
You can cook with beer?

Just keeping the barrels around for culinary purposes, off course.

DAYUM!

I'll be trying this one real soon, with some good Mexican beer, probably a dark like Bohemia Vienna.

Of, if you've made it, do you find a lighter beer to be better? Maybe a lager or even a pilsner. I think the dark would add some serious toothiness to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The best soup ever is my grammies. She bags up all uneaten veggies from dinners and freezes them in a freezer bag. When it is full She will cook up some ground beef then add the veggies veggie stock or chicken broth. She will add in salt pepper garlic and a can of potatoes also She may add in some frozen coliflour. She will add in some beans and simmer that for a while! It is super awesome! We had some tonight. It is a good way to use leftovers and it is pretty healthy!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Useful and constructive thread.

Soup is good food.

I like to make bean and barley and vegetable soups from scratch, sometimes swapping lentils for the beans. Very simple and easy to do, and very healthy and nutritious. Add carrots, onions, celery and whatever other vegetables I have around. Always try add herbs like in the lyrics from the Simon and Garfunkel tune: "Parsley, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves".

I eat it year-round.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I make a soup once a week! My favorites are potato soup, and beef vegetable.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Tim bradwell chili with beans
2 pounds hamburger or cheap steak cut in cubes browned and drained
1 bell pepper diced
1onion diced
2 small cans tomato paste
1tomato diced or a can of same
3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 table spoon of ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Add ingredients into a large stock pot and let come to a slight boil then let stew on low for 45 minutes while occasionally stirring and left overs can be froze and used at later date

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonah1970
Here is another one my mom's recipe for vegetable soup
2 pounds of either boiled chicken and cubed or browned hamburger
1large carrot cut in to medallions
1 stalk of celery cubed
2 large potatoes also cubed
A can of string beans
A can of butter beans
A can of peas
A handful of rice
1 can of crushed tomatoes
A table spoon of black pepper and salt
Combine ingredients in large stock pot bring to boil then put on low for an hour while stirring serve with grilled cheese sandwich for best effect

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Revolutionary War recipe - Cheap soup for 6 people.

Not picky on this thread between different diets, so if you don't like meat or allergic to some ingredient, please remove and adjust yourself.

In SA the time is near where such choices are a luxury anyway, so it's important to give the original recipes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join