It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If people land on Mars, what should the first spoken words be?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: M5xaz

Wait, you forgot about the inevitable transgender LGBTQplus

Astronauts?

Surely?

Hope sarnies are Vegan.

Forgive-me O Woke, for I have sinned.

For punishment, I'll take 100 lashes instead of the LGBT lecture....it's less painful for me that way...

P.S. It's spelled Astronaught now, to be more inclusive it either includes the NAUGHTy or includes no one, naught (i.e. Zero)
Am I uncancelled now ?
edit on 27-1-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
a reply to: Potlatch

Where's your shtter?

“I did in fact survive on a deserted planet by farming in my own #. Yes, it's actually worse than it sounds. So, let's not talk about that ever again.” Matt Damon-Mark Watnay (The Martian)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The claim in that video above that nature has shown that it can create it's own nuclear reactors is simply NOT true, it is a THEORY based on the deposits of depleted uranium from Oklo, a nuclear reaction that not only worked very well indeed but seems to have sustained far longer than is plausible for a natural reactor to ever have been able to, for HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS in fact,
a reply to: LABTECH767

Problem with your "theory" is that several billion years ago , here on earth , was a natural reactor in Gabon

Back then the concentration of Uranium 235 was several times what it is today. Ground water seeping in acted as a
moderator, just like in a modern reactor

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=%20%EE%80%80Oklo%20Mine%EE%80%81%20%28sometimes%20Oklo%20%EE%80%80Reactor%EE%80%81%20or%20Oklo,and%20r an%20for%20hundreds%20of%20thousands%20of%20years.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We have arrived back home .

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

A good answer I would ordinarily accept but given how long it was in operation I can not therefore accept it.

And yes there was a lot more fissionable material earlier in the earth's history.

The problem as I see it is just how very long this superior to anything we have made so called natural reactor was operational, how long it was perfectly supplied with fresh fuel and cooled perfectly by the water that supposedly brought that fuel into it.

So natural for me bites the bullet as there are too many complex variables for chance to have managed to sustain this reactor in this way over such a huge period of time.

Over a much shorter time yes then perhaps and far more likely but not given it's period of operation, just how long it functioned for apparently oblivious to river changes, variable ground water level and supply and of course other factors such as it being in a traumatic period in the earth's history the early snow ball earth period.

In fact given how the glaciers supposedly if you accept modern MAINSTREAM geological explanations ground away up to two miles of the earth's entire surface (great non conformity) the survival of anything at this site is little more than a spectacular fluke, two flukes together how many times do you have to roll the dice before you start to question if perhaps they are loaded, if there was intelligent design and operation of the site?.
edit on 27-1-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"god damn it cohagen , give these people air !"

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

This isn't Mars, it's Nevada.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I do believe that Mr. Kubrck has passed…

(LOL!)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Seriously, the first words should be we've heard before:
"Take me to your leader."
--Or if no one is present to greet them, they need immediately pack up and hop up to Phobos. That moon and its partner, Deimos, both move in virtually unimaginable physics. Further, Phobos shows clear signs that it was moved into its place from the evidence of the blast crater named Stickney. The marking on Phobos, covered in detail by the Viking Orbiters clearly shows the many grooves created as the body was moved from its asteroidal belt origin into that extremely impossible orbit never the planet.

Mars was once a thriving planet millions of years ago. If they are all gone at this time our Mars crew could do well to explore Phobos first as the technology would be there in a compact, easy to reach place.

I view all efforts to "explore" Mars as Tomb Raiders. Intel comes before Martian farming, mining, etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Did I leave the oven on?

Everyone remember where we parked.

Where is the “face” mountain statue thingy at?

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Where's Quaato?
edit on 27-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wonder if it tastes like chicken.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"That's one small step for me and Cornpop, that's one giant leap for... you know, the thing."

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is anyone here ? Helloooooo

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I mean, you can just slow down the audio and hear that there is absolutely no inflection following the 'r' in "for". Like, none at all. Shouldn't that end the issue?

Even NASA officially transcribes it as "step for (a) man". Maybe they just aren't paying attention though.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Don't open that! Is there air?!

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We're Back.....

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I seek political asylum from Earth where I face persecution from Earth's government and their greedy lobbyist corporations...

Now where is my Martian welfare, free housing and welcome packet???

edit on 27-1-2023 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
"Let's try not to # this one up, guys. Okay? Alright."

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey! Relax. I graduated from the Prometheus School of Running Away from Things. You can chase me to your leader.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join