It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU has warned Elon Musk that Twitter could be banned in Europe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Asmodeus3

What is proper moderation?

Its not that hard to understand really.

Are you having a laugh?

Maybe at the likes of you a little.

What is proper thinking and proper way of expressing your views?!

A little decorum and restraint is all you require, simply play nice and dont be an ahole springs to mind.

The word 'proper' takes us to different times and different places...

Yeh that's called "context".

For example if you are not thinking 'properly' you maybe engaging in dangerous misinformation. Such as that a man can never become a woman. That can be labelled as misinformation or even hate speech.

If you say so, plenty of people would disagree, or see things rather differently, im actually not one of them in that specific department, but people are indeed free to identify how they please.

You see where you getting with this rhetoric?

No but im sure you think you do, just remember that light at the end of the tunnel generally turns out to be a train.

Disagree with what?! That biological sex cannot change? That is a fact not a matter for debate. What plenty of people agree or disagree on scientific well established facts is just irrelevant.

But content cannot be removed on the basis of this disagreement and after the transgender ideologists have been 'offended'. So this is suppression of free speech and disregard of basic scientific facts..

They are free to identify as they please but they are not what they say they are.

Biological sex depends entirely on chromosomal make up and not on the views of left wing activists and transgender ideologists.
edit on 3-12-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hate speech is not free speech, hence all the kerfuffle.

As to democracy well again thats simply a system of governance.

Freedom just like security are illusory notions at best Asmodeus3.

Im not arguing about anything with you, but simply having a debate and discussion.

Where rules are concerned i have already explained to you why those are important.

Dont matter what you want any road, or me, but what Apple or the EU choose to implement or remove because they are perfectly "free" to do so, just like your own nation.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Whats the bet you dont like trans people much Asmodeus3?

Content can be removed if they deem it to be in breach of the TnC.

Your the one that seems to be offended or have a bee in your bonnet regarding how people choose to identify.

As to biology well "based on the sole criterion of production of reproductive cells, there are two and only two sexes".

People are somewhat more complicated all the same whither you or i choose to recognize that fact or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I think your real issue seems to be coming out the closet so to speak.

What's "immutable" is that humans require rules and regulations to be in place whether or not you choose to recognize that fact or otherwise.

Twitter is no different on that score nor is Mr Musk.

Don't follow his rules or choose to criticize his opinions and he would sack you in a heartbeat put it that way.

edit on 3-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Whats the bet you dont like trans people much Asmodeus3?

Content can be removed if they deem it to be in breach of the TnC.

Your the one that seems to be offended or have a bee in your bonnet regarding how people choose to identify.

As to biology well "based on the sole criterion of production of reproductive cells, there are two and only two sexes".

People are somewhat more complicated all the same whither you or i choose to recognize that fact or otherwise.

The first question is based on a strawman i.e that I don't like the trans...

I am not offended at all.

Yes, the basics of human biology seem to be completely disregarded in favour of some sort of weird form of political correctness based on the transgender ideology.

If content is removed base on this, it then implies that we give the middle finger to biology, we disregard science and facts in favour of political correctness.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I think your real issue seems to be coming out the closet so to speak.

What's "immutable" is the fact that humans require rules and regulations to be in place whether or not you choose to recognize that fact or otherwise.

Twitter is no different on that score nor is Mr Musk.

Don't follow his rules or choose to criticize his opinions and he would sack you in a heartbeat put it that way.

Biological sex is an immutable characteristic and cannot change not matter how much the ideologists are trying to. And they are trying hard but they are not in line with basic science.

Arguing that biological sex can change is false and it is misleading and if anything should have been removed from private platforms is this content and not content which challenges these myths.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hate speech is not free speech, hence all the kerfuffle.

As to democracy well again thats simply a system of governance.

Freedom just like security are illusory notions at best Asmodeus3.

Im not arguing about anything with you, but simply having a debate and discussion.

Where rules are concerned i have already explained to you why those are important.

Dont matter what you want any road, or me, but what Apple or the EU choose to implement or remove because they are perfectly "free" to do so, just like your own nation.

The only content that could be removed is the one that is unlawful or inappropriate for specific group ages.

Other than that any other attempt is considered censoring of free speech.

Having said that everyone is expected to be civil in conversations. And moderation can remove some of content which isn't civil.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I did not ask if you were offended.

So you don't like trans people?

I don't particularly understand them much myself but it takes all sorts to make the world spin which is possibly worth considering.

They will exist with or without your consent Asmodeus3 and always have done.

Biology is one thing Asmodeus3, and at the cellular level, science far as im aware, suggests there are indeed only two sexes.

But we are talking about people's gender identity now, and they exist at the macro scale not the micro.

Thats just a fact you will need to deal with.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The only content that could be removed is the one that is unlawful or inappropriate for specific group ages.

Any content that breaches the TnC of the site can be removed.

Thats your opinion and not the fact of the matter.

Having said that everyone is expected to be civil in conversations. And moderation can remove some of content which isn't civil.

Yeh Kanye Wests removal for his antics at Twitter illustrates that point rather aptly.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm not the morality police if that's what you are asking.

And like i have already suggested it takes all sorts to make the world spin.

I don't understand a multitude of things in this verse, or claim to be able to comprehend them with any sort of totality or real understanding.

But that does not mean they do not exist or should be extended the same basic courtesy as everyone else.

People, after all, are people before we start attaching labels.

Where do you stand on trans people, and what are your feelings on the matter bar asking my opinion?

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a reply to: nickyw

Pretty dickensian out there i suppose so you may not be to far off the mark.

Guns lying at the side of beds through, well that could spell disaster and hardly inspires confidence in the man.

That being said im sure it will resonate with some of his rightwing racist lunatic fan base.

I love how smoothly you moved on from being tricked by the fake, uninformed outrage of people who thought those were real guns.

Ever think your conclusions about his "fanbase" are equally ill-informed and based off the same kind of hysterics? I mean if you can get tricked about the identification of an inanimate object, you could be wrong about the psychology of millions of people.

Sorry in advance about how attacked you'll feel over the implication that you can be wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I love how you make assumptions about me when you don't even know me. LoL

I think the audience Musk was playing to via his daft gun pics nonsense, real or replica, are rather well known for their proclivities, put it that way.

That trailer park trick was out the bag as soon as he posted methinks.

Also, i can be, and am wrong, on many an occasion face23785, after all, to err is human.

As to how i feel, that would be fine and dandy this afternoon ta very much, and not ""attacked"" implied or otherwise, despite your claim.

It's all water off a ducks back to me mate, so you don't really have much to be sorry for far as i can establish.

Anyhoo, have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
People can identify as whatever they like. However, I am not sure it's going to make them happy in the long run.
When I watched this video

I cried ....
I worked with a guy that announced that his name is now Rachel and hope they don't feel the same as Ritchie.

So it's not about liking or not liking trans people...... it's concern for how people can be groomed or pushed in certain directions.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I did not ask if you were offended.

I don't particularly understand them much myself but it takes all sorts to make the world spin which is possibly worth considering.

They will exist with or without your consent Asmodeus3 and always have done.

Biology is one thing Asmodeus3, and at the cellular level, science far as im aware, suggests there are indeed only two sexes.

But we are talking about people's gender identity now, and they exist at the macro scale not the micro.

Thats just a fact you will need to deal with.

For the record, I am not offended. Those who are offended are well known and are of a particular ideology.

I have never commented in relation to trans people. They have the right to do as they please.

Biological sex is very simple and is determined by the chromosomal make up. It's actually the Y chromosome which determines sex.

When content is removed because basic facts are stated then there is something really wrong with the platforms that decide to remove facts in favour of political correctness and ideologies.

Stating or arguing that biological sex can change is false and misleading and removing content which challenges these false and misleading claims is not only censoring of free speech but deliberate suppression of truth and disinformation

Gender identity is a made up term. Gender and sex are one and the same. Gender is now presented as a social construct but is nothing such.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Any content that breaches the TnC of the site can be removed.

Thats your opinion and not the fact of the matter.

Yeh Kanye Wests removal for his antics at Twitter illustrates that point rather aptly.

Legitimate content when removed will be considered censoring of free speech. It's better that platforms don't engage in such tactics because they want to please the radical left wing lunatics and denialists of truth and reality.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

For the record trans people exist and there is not a darn thing you can do about that offended or otherwise.

As to what you consider to be a made-up term that's neither here nor there.

en.wikipedia.org...

As to social constructs well the ideologies of good and evil tick that box same with what we consider to be right and wrong good luck pretending those don't exist because just like with freedom and security you will be hard pushed to get by without them.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
People can identify as whatever they like. However, I am not sure it's going to make them happy in the long run.
When I watched this video

I cried ....
I worked with a guy that announced that his name is now Rachel and hope they don't feel the same as Ritchie.

So it's not about liking or not liking trans people...... it's concern for how people can be groomed or pushed in certain directions.

They can certainly identify as they wish.

However they can't expect others to approve of their decisions or demand from platforms to censor accounts that are critical of gender identity and accounts that state biological facts.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

For the record trans people exist and there is not a darn thing you can do about that offended or otherwise.

As to what you consider to be a made-up term that's neither here nor there.

en.wikipedia.org...

As to social constructs well the ideologies of good and evil tick that box same with what we consider to be right and wrong good luck pretending those don't exist because just like with freedom and security you will be hard pushed to get by without them.

Yesi know they exist that's why they are trans.

A woman though can never become a man and a man can never become a woman. That's a fact.

Still I don't know why you use the word 'offence'. I am not offended about anything. It's those who support this ideology who are offended when facts are thrown at them and when discussion is made about the fact that biological sex cannot change.

Gender identity is a made up term and I find it absurd that accounts will be censored online for stating biological facts or that gender identity is an absurd construct.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Crocodile tears methinks as opposed to any real concern.

Im sure the ""person"" you worked with or woman now considering that's how im sure Rachel would prefer you refer to her will do as she pleases with or without your input or consent aka ""concern"".

Take away their choices Itisnowagain or ostracize them from society and they won't be very happy nether, so there is that.

Here is a notion simply worry about your own sexuality and or proclivities, and just let others display their own.

As to like or dislike that seems to be your bag, i dont claim to comprehend their reasons for being trans or the way they are born.

Live and let live is my motto people make their own choices in life with or without our consent.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join