It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU has warned Elon Musk that Twitter could be banned in Europe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Bezos says he'll give all his away,

Aye quite a bit to Dolly Parton by the looks of it.

A billionaire giving handouts to millionaires ffs.

Canny make that crap up.
edit on 2-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

as i say this is the American empire version of the Victorian gentleman sitting in his study with gun and decanter..

we're caught in a cultural orbit that simple doesn't resonate with ours.. not mine down here or yours up there..

I'm not seeing a huge amount of difference between late stage Victorian era and now.. the only thing missing is a skeleton army..

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

ay thats what working poor looks like to the ultra rich..

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Pretty dickensian out there i suppose so you may not be to far off the mark.

Guns lying at the side of beds through, well that could spell disaster and hardly inspires confidence in the man.

That being said im sure it will resonate with some of his rightwing racist lunatic fan base.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Apple wont be willing to host unmoderated or very slightly moderated sites like Twitter given the implications F2d5thCavv2 especially if the place is deemed toxic or racist as it may effect them both legally financially in the long run.

Where the EU is concerned, well perhaps they should do a lot of thing mate but then again the same could be said for Musk and that way he and Twitter would not be in this mess.

End of the day both Apple and the EU are perfectly free to choose which platforms they allow to be hosted.

Andy, your reply evades the core problem here. They are acting as censors and deciding which speech is acceptable. Forget Apple for a moment, perhaps you can tell me when the European people opted to have distant bureaucrats police what they can read ? Talk about "1984".

Come on. The Left was overjoyed when they could ban people willy-nilly on twitter and that wasn't a problem for them. Now that other viewpoints are allowed, suddenly a major tech firm is melting down and the EU authoritarians are wigging out, fearing that someone might tweet something that undermines their narrative control.

Apple has no business doing so, especially as they indicated no distress when gross provocations from the Left took place on the same platform. (Recall some humorless comedian parading around with what appeared to be the severed head of an American president ? Where was Apple's outrage then?)

One could say the EU has -some- say on this, but the behavior of their officials makes it an exercise in complete hypocrisy and will only drive users to find other means of access (and that will happen, it always does.)

Don't know about you Mate, but I don't need a faceless Eurocrat deciding what I can read and what I can't. Fortunately, I have evaded using Apple so their clumsy attempts at censorship won't affect me.

But the behavior of both Apple and the EU in this case reek badly, and it should be talked up, and it should be roundly condemned in the hope that perhaps someone is listening. Some moderation on twitter should take place ... but not the way it was before exercised, and shamelessly so.

As for financials, any firm that censors on the basis of political affiliation deserves to go broke. Like I said, 'out of swim lane', and how.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Im not a big Apple fan, or EU for that matter in the grand scheme of it all F2d5thCavv2.

I hate Apple products and was never a fan of Steve Jobs.

But they are free to choose which platforms they wish to host.

Just like Elon is free to remove or retard any sort of real moderation at Twitter and reinstate lunatics like Trump or Marjorie Taylor Greene after their previous antics just so he and they can stir the pot.

Where financials are concerned well i know Elon has mentioned and has concerns regarding Twitter going under, Apple or the EU are not going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The guns are fake just there to get people talking. But hs said he gets lots of death threats every day.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The guns are fake just there to get people talking. But hs said he gets lots of death threats every day.

Cheers for clearing that up mikell.

At least his poor weans wont end up blowing their brains out accidently or otherwise.

Fake guns aside, gun safety isn't a joke and the example set hardly bodes well nor inspires confidence.

As to death threats well a fake gun would not seem to be much help in that department and im sure he can employ security.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I would bet he has real guns somewhere but the cap and ball is a decoration that may or may not work the other is a prop of some sort it doesn't have a trigger.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I actually quite like the musket, better suited sitting on a mantlepiece all the same or mounted on a wall.

Imagine trying to load that thing through, even if it was not a toy, whilst trying to fight off any sort of armed intruder, need to call a timeout. LoL

I'm sure he's armed to the teeth like you suggest, same with the people he has on staff, and on call 24 hours a day.

The guns at the side of the bed makes him look like some kind of nutter all the same, and simply playing to an audience by my guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Did you not see the picture he posted.

A gun lying at the side of his bed ffs.

I hope none of his 8 weans were kicking about the place when he's asleep or that could end badly rich twat or not.

Not quite sure what kind of statement that pic was supposed to provoke to be honest aside from irresponsible.

The guns are facsimiles.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Not sure if I'm up to date, but from what I'm reading, Apple has backed off their threat.

Time will tell, one supposes.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Yeh so i have been told.

Dont make him look any less mental all the same.

Which i suppose is his exact and intended purpose given the target audience he's pandering to.

Guns should be kept in safe places and not at the side of the bed unless its locked in a drawer.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No i think thats correct.

For the time being any road.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When analysing......maybe you could take into consideration the object on the left-hand side, bottom corner of the image.....the Vajra..... it's another type of weapon.

I don't think Elon Musk is mental.....I think a picture tells a thousand words.....

edit on 2-12-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yeh so i have been told.

Dont make him look any less mental all the same.

Which i suppose is his exact and intended purpose given the target audience he's pandering to.

Guns should be kept in safe places and not at the side of the bed unless its locked in a drawer.

I think he posted that pic to spur conversation. I guess he was successful.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Is that not more a ritualistic sort of weapon?

Interesting little thingamabob all the same.

Still its the guns that are of concern, replicas or otherwise, and the message they send.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Its certainly being discussed and reported on at numerous different places.

So i think you are indeed correct.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure andy if you meant to but you've ended up sounding like you would have supported the East India Companies conquest of India and Reuters concession in Iran and them imposing their values on those places.. if you don't then its hard to support apple, google or tiktok doing the same.

at this point I'd give twitter a better chance of survival than the EU especially when people start freezing, and dying from the scale of crises we've got incoming here in England in Scotland and across the EU this winter, the question becomes where the first domino fall as the western empire collapses, it won't be twitter pricing them out of food and warmth..

it so stupid, we've even got trans in England demanding the right to bare arms in the face of women talking as they really think they live in a part of the USA and have those rights denied them, that's the poison these giant corporation have done in blurring cultural boundaries.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You are talking about it - mission successful.

As to the statement ? That he's a geek perhaps? Both are non firing, and the big gun is from the computer game Deus-ex.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join