It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF Apocalyptic-Sized Tsunami Blasted SAHARA Desert 12,000 Years Ago (Should NOT be Possible!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There might be some truth afterall. Maybe what he describes could have been caused by a cosmic impact.

Did a Comet Hit Earth 12,000 Years Ago?

Nanodiamonds found across North America suggest that major climate change could have been cosmically instigated

Roughly 12,900 years ago, massive global cooling kicked in abruptly, along with the end of the line for some 35 different mammal species, including the mammoth, as well as the so-called Clovis culture of prehistoric North Americans. Various theories have been proposed for the die-off, ranging from abrupt climate change to overhunting once humans were let loose on the wilds of North America. But now nanodiamonds found in the sediments from this time period point to an alternative: a massive explosion or explosions by a fragmentary comet, similar to but even larger than the Tunguska event of 1908 in Siberia.

Sediments from six sites across North America—Murray Springs, Ariz.; Bull Creek, Okla.; Gainey, Mich.; Topper, S.C.; Lake Hind, Manitoba; and Chobot, Alberta—yielded such teensy diamonds, which only occur in sediment exposed to extreme temperatures and pressures, such as those from an explosion or impact, according to new research published today in Science.

The discovery lends support to a theory first advanced last year in that some type of cosmic impact or impacts—a fragmented comet bursting in the atmosphere or raining down on the oceans—set off the more than 1,300-year cooling period in the Northern Hemisphere known as the Younger Dryas for the abundance of an alpine flower's pollen found during the interval.

The cooling period interrupted an extended warming out of an ice age predicted by slight changes in Earth's orbit (known as Milankovitch cycles) that continues today. And it remains an unexplained anomaly in the climate record.

But a series of cometary fragments exploding over North America might explain a layer of soil immediately prior to the cooling containing unusually high levels of iridium—an element more common in cosmic wanderers like meteoroids than in Earth's crust. Paired with the fact that this layer occurs directly before the extinction of at least 35 genera of large mammals, including mammoths, it is strong circumstantial evidence for a cosmic event.

"Very strong impact indicators are found in the sediments directly above, and often shrouding in the case of Murray Springs, the remains of these animals and the people who were hunting them," says archaeologist and study co-author Doug Kennett of the University of Oregon in Eugene, the son in the father–son team helping to advance the new impact theory. "Is it a comet? Is it a carbonaceous chondrite? Was it fragmented? Was it focused? Based on the distribution of the diamonds, it was certainly large scale."

More info can be found at:

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 30-10-2022 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Well said, and most of what you mention is covered in depth in the book I referenced. BTW, nanodiamonds are found at the sites of the so-called Carolina Bays, which are apparently secondary impacts. They are found as far west as Kansas, and their long axes (they are elleptical) point consistently to the Great Lakes region. In fact, the outline of at least one huge crater can be discerned in the middle of Lake Michigan.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Just about to head in over and read the article you linked.

Just wanted to know if you have come across any studies postulating a micro nova event could maybe have the same affect regarding nano diamonds, microspherals and such?

Oh, no need to pop on over, its all here.

edit on 30-10-2022 by AnInvisibleCorner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That video reminds me of the time I stood on a beach in Sri Lanka in the dead of night... I couldn't see the water but could hear and feel its power.

Thats the only time I ever felt intimidated by the ocean while standing on land.

Great tune tho!

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

Read what?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So you don't actually have evidence beyond a random YouTube video?

Got it!

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

The same Velikovsky that has been proven wrong like ten times over?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't share your opinion of Velikovsky, but I don't agree with him 100 percent, either.

Are you a skeptic...or a troll?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Deny ignorance.

Read Velikovsky.

Read "Cosmic Cycles of Catastrophe" and don't be put off by the title or the lurid book cover, as it is serious science, very unlike this thread. It was written by real, serious scientists, and it shows. It is focused on the North American part of the events of 12,000 years ago.

Cool.

I put this in skunkworks for a reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Got it!

It's in skunkworks you genius of a human.

This mfer be like *pushes glasses up with one finger* MMMM AKSTUALLY I DONT SEE A PEER REVIEW PAPURRRRRDEEEERRRRRRP

lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Got it!

If the Sahara was never an ocean, how did the sand get there ? 😀

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This was is in solid rock and permanent. There was some solid data referenced. It is not impossible for this to be true.

Wait, what? I guess I'll have to go watch, because I see no way that a tidal wave - no matter how massive - created permanent 'ripples' in solid rock...

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Thanks for confirming there's no actual proof for this ridiculous claim.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This was is in solid rock and permanent. There was some solid data referenced. It is not impossible for this to be true.

Wait, what? I guess I'll have to go watch, because I see no way that a tidal wave - no matter how massive - created permanent 'ripples' in solid rock...

That's because you use logic and science rather than assuming anything can happen if someone on youtube* says so

Yeah, a physical impossibility. Unless the "ripples" were created before the rock formed.

On the other hand, wind can create a similar effect in bedrock (but over many thousands of years)

* the font of all disinformation, fakery and lies since 2005

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner
Something happened around 12 to 13 thousand years ago. The cannel scablands are more definitive proof, as the scars left behind were cut into rock.

I doubt it was one huge event tho, more like several localised events happening within a few hundred year time frame.

That being said, if you had never been more that a few hundred miles from where you were born, it would seem as though the world had been flooded, and indeed yours would have been.

That's around the time the Persian Gulf flooded. I've long suspected that the flooding of the PG is the basis for the various Great Flood stories.

And that the Garden of Eden may have been in the valley that is now the Gulf.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Its very possible.

Some say the first city of Eridu in Iraq was the origin for Eden other's say the ziggurat of Ur was, thay are fairly close to each other and right in the runoff path to the Persian Gulf.

Who knows how vast it was.

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner
Something happened around 12 to 13 thousand years ago. The cannel scablands are more definitive proof, as the scars left behind were cut into rock.

I doubt it was one huge event tho, more like several localised events happening within a few hundred year time frame.

That being said, if you had never been more that a few hundred miles from where you were born, it would seem as though the world had been flooded, and indeed yours would have been.

Glacial runoff elevating water levels around the world, some water levels were already on the verge of catastrophe for nearby communities who had no warning or chose to stay put, Floridian style.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Thanks for confirming there's no actual proof for this ridiculous claim.

Oh you're welcome for providing you with entertainment.

Why dont you go to my other threads in skunkworks and demand peer reviewed papers?

idiot.

Hows your moronic never ending search for nazis going?
edit on 31-10-2022 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What about a wind carrying sand sandblasting the bedrock? He's doing himself a disfavor by mentioning the word tsunami. It clearly takes more time than a tsunami as we know it would last. A melted ice sheet maybe (if there was one).
Water carrying boulders again sandblasting bedrock. And tsunamii this big would leave similar marks everywhere. They could be covered by dirt and eroded but not everywhere
I wonder what Randall has to say.
He'd be like "Shhh, Jimmi! They are not ready."
He has models of the flows. Imo the ancient sea is goos enough. Not sure about the volcano part. IF it's so young it cant be wind IMO

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join