It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF Apocalyptic-Sized Tsunami Blasted SAHARA Desert 12,000 Years Ago (Should NOT be Possible!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: pureblood69

A.) Who's digging down to the bedrock of a random dune in the Sahara?

B.) How does that person know that it isn't from a time when the Sahara was on the coast?

Maybe you should watch the video instead of just calling him an idiot.

Maybe watch a couple of his videos.

You might actually learn something.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Excellent video and idea.

Reading some of the comments leads me to believe that there may be some good ideas out there that explain what happened and how. Like this comment from a user named "ChaosmanOne":

I know what happened. 25,000 years ago there were gigantic ice sheets that began to melt. Immense lakes of melted ice began to form in and on those ice sheets over the next 12,000 years. THEN, about 13,000 years ago, a COMET hit the earth in the Northern Hemisphere, breaking up in the atmosphere and impacting in 3 locations. One impacted near Iceland (the largest one) creating the Hiawatha crater. This piece was large enough to punch all the way through the ice and deep into the crust, ejecting huge amount of debris. The second impacted in what is now lower Canada, approximately where the great lakes are now. It was small, leaving behind no crater, but creating a huge crater in the ice sheet covering the region; it quickly filled with cubic MILES of water. The third impact was also small and impacted in what is now Russia, somewhere just east of Moscow. This piece was also relatively small, blasting away the ice sheet and creating another ice crater containing hundreds or possibly THOUSANDS of cubic miles of water.
These meteorite impacts initiated the Younger Dryas event, a period of rapid cooling, that mostly affected the Northern Hemisphere, and lasted about 1000 years. The cooling was enough to "dam up" the melted water contained in the enormous ice sheets covering the region, but not enough to stop the ice sheets from melting overall. Over that 1000 years, the impact craters filled, each, with collectively 1000's of cubic MILES of water!
In the meanwhile, humans began to civilize the land ever northward as the world warmed. They knew about the ice and it was a mythologized entity. They settled the Richat Structure and it quickly became the GRANDEST site of human civilization; the hub of humanity. Simultaneously, the ice continued to recede, the DAMS of ice, holding back 1000's of cubic miles of water, continued to get weaker and weaker until they each BURST!
In what is now North America, the enormous ice lake flowed out into the northern United States creating Lake Agassiz over some time. The gigantic lake, filled with minerals and salt, flowed over the land, stripping away soil and decimating the ecology of the area. In the Atlantic Ocean, the cold, fresh water, flowed into the thermohaline circulation, sinking quickly down into the depths and was swept away to mix with the ocean waters.
Finally, the Russian wall BURST! By far the largest of the ice lakes, the incredible TORRENT flooded across the Mediterranean Sea, across Libya, Chad, Algeria, Western Sahara, and Mauritania. A MILE HIGH wall of water rushed across the MOST IMPORTANT and most DENSLY POPULATED center of humanity, OBLITERATING the people, the culture, and even the Richat Structure itself!

Why does it seem like humans had a "falling", losing their culture and technology? Because they did.
Why are there stories of a global flood, destroying the "wicked"? Because there was.
Why does mythology of a lost civilization called the Atlanteans exist? Because they did.

If we can piece together the evidence to explain this, I think the scientific community would be impressed.
Or baffled...

I'm eager to see his next video on Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So you can't provide actual sources?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
wow you cant even be bothered to watch the video.

Why are you so against learning truths?

Its all right there in his video, in all of his videos.

Why do you need to be spoon fed like a child?

edit on 30-10-2022 by pureblood69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Just a single peer-reviewed article is all I'm asking for.

Why is that so hard to provide?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Just watch the video a single time thats all im asking for..

Why is that so hard to do.

You cant even be bothered to watch the video in the OP

But you say you would actually entertain other sources without even knowing what is in the OP

You are just incapable of looking past your bias

Its actually pathetic.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So no proof other than a random person on YouTube?

Why do you believe he's telling the truth?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So no proof other than a random person on YouTube?

Why do you believe he's telling the truth?

Why do you believe he is lying ?

And its on Youtube not bitchute so doesnt that mean its real to the idiots?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The extent of YouTubing I do is a bald Canadian that made his career on playing the Binding of Isaac (greatest game of all-time) and a guy that does Lets Plays of roguelikes. Also, I just found out YouTube has Stardom matches.

I'm not relying on any of them to tell me about conspiracies on how the world works.

So, what does this random man have to support his outrageous claim?
edit on 10/30/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This study hints at the possibility., at least indirectly..

www.researchgate.net...

link   

The extent of YouTubing I do is a bald Canadian that made his career on playing the Binding of Isaac (greatest game of all-time) and a guy that does Lets Plays of roguelikes. Also, I just found out YouTube has Stardom matches.

I'm not relying on any of them to tell me about conspiracies on how the world works.

So, what does this random man have to support his outrageous claim?

OMG if you watched the video you would see what he has to support it WOW

Randall Carlson for one.

Why is this level of trolling even allowed ?

link   
Okay ladies get a room instead of #ting all over the thread with pointless back and forth.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You are correct My bad..... Sry if I offended you Maybe call a manger..

edit on 30-10-2022 by pureblood69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I mean, it's your thread.

Provide some proof other that a random YouTuber that it's anything more than wind.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I didn't realize asking for proof that it's anything more than wind is trolling.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I didn't realize asking for proof that it's anything more than wind is trolling.

I would continue this but apparently we are just supposed to read and shut up.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The guy in the video thinks he has proof.

Watch it.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I did it's the op deal with it.
Don't be such a little bitch maybe?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Now the wave that blasted the Sahara, did it destroy Atlantis?

Yup. This is where Atlantis was. That's why they never could find it anywhere else. 😎

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Deny ignorance.

Read Velikovsky.

Read "Cosmic Cycles of Catastrophe" and don't be put off by the title or the lurid book cover, as it is serious science, very unlike this thread. It was written by real, serious scientists, and it shows. It is focused on the North American part of the events of 12,000 years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join