It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF Apocalyptic-Sized Tsunami Blasted SAHARA Desert 12,000 Years Ago (Should NOT be Possible!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

By the end of this video you, will never think of beach sand ripples, nor the ENTIRE Sahara Desert in the same way - EVER again. If a typical tidal current that is just a few feet, or meters in depth can create sand ripples that are measured in merely inches, then what on earth would it take to create ripples that are MORE than a MILE apart, and literally hundreds of feet tall??

Bright Insight basically recapping some Randall Carlson JRE interview, good video though.

So here is Carlson's website: sacredgeometryinternational.com...

Now the wave that blasted the Sahara, did it destroy Atlantis?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I am out at a bar so can't really watch the video atm...but wouldn't wind be capable of creating these just as easily and more likely than some apocalyptic flood?
edit on 30-10-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yes wind could do this and is a more likely explanation than a great flood 12000 years ago.

Why would you believe that those ripples have been there for so long?

The Sahara winds are the thing of legends and nightmares.

What proof?

Just another money spinning video.

P

edit on 30/10/2022 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There was a worldwide apocalyps around 12000 years ago. No doubt in my mind about that. But of course you don't have to agree with me :-) Everyone can make up his own mind. Just a link to my website, it's about Atlantis, but the apocalyps as said must have been worldwide, so ...
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It is said that if the moon were half the distance from the earth, the tides would be eight times as high. How about a quarter of the distance?

So how would one move the moon in space?

Translate orbital energy into rotational spin.

Mud floods anyone?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Something happened around 12 to 13 thousand years ago. The cannel scablands are more definitive proof, as the scars left behind were cut into rock.

I doubt it was one huge event tho, more like several localised events happening within a few hundred year time frame.

That being said, if you had never been more that a few hundred miles from where you were born, it would seem as though the world had been flooded, and indeed yours would have been.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why a tsunami ?

Ancient Sahara

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Without looking it up, I think the distance and height of dunes are part of a function. So like, depending on height and slope (base) of the dune, physics determine where the next dune can build up because of aerodynamics and gravity.

So the building function is not reliant on the strength of the wind but the aerodynamics in play. Similar to laminar flow. Heat stored in the sand would play a role too since it influences the boundary layer of that laminar flow that is responsible for stacking the sand particles.

This concludes that there does not have to be insane winds or tsunami to get to those, it's just the result of these physical functions.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This isn't the first I have heard of this, but as usual, Jimmy does a good job of presenting the evidence and provoking thought. (I actually watched the video before commenting)

The problem is, most of us don't want proof or good evidence. We just want our beliefs confirmed, so as not to upset our world view.

That aside, we now know the earth went through some major upheaval between 13,000 and 11,000 years ago +/-. Some seem to think it was one major event. Others that it was two or more events. I tend to think the latter makes more sense.

edit on 10/30/2022 by Klassified because: add

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
I think it was a series of events as well.
As the Ice age ended,it would have melted over centuries and as the water found its level there would have been a series of floods and maybe some huge tectonic activity which in human terms must have lasted at least a few generations.

Many or most civilisations around the world have great floods in their ancient history/religions/mythology-but that doesn't mean it was all the same event.
But it does point to a very turbulent time in our distant past where such distasters may have been happening all over the globe as the ice melted and the planet regained its equilibrium.

And we survived that period of history,making humans pretty damn resilient IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

not saying that a catastrophic flood / tsunami didn't happen and cause this. in fact i believe chances are very high it dd.
but to say that the dunes and ripples were caused by one, wouldn't that mean just about every sand desert in the would had to have the same thing happen. and the whole of the world was covered. because just about all sand deserts have dunes and ripples.

and if that's the case wouldn't that support what the bible says about a world wide flood.

here is a search page of sand deserts showing dunes and ripples all across the world.

sand dunes and ripple in deserts across the world

ETA: during the dust bowl there were dunes and ripple across the plains.

a search page of dunes and ripples during the dust bowl,

sand dunes and ripples during the dust bowl

edit on 30-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   
People, please do some basic research and just look up the Younger Dryas event, when the climate switched suddenly to very cold again for a while. It's possible that either there was a bolide impact or the release of water from glacial lakes in North America turned off the Gulf Stream for a while.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I love Jimmy! I just watched this yesterday. His theory on Atlantis having existed at the Richat Structure was what really got me into his channel.

I’m sure if excavations were done throughout the Sahara we’d find some pretty cool/old stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
there is some suggestion that the moon was created by an impact to earth, and the moon has steadily moved further away, if so then at one point, it was half the distance away, and before that at some point it was a quarter the distance, etc. if the theories on how the moon was created, and when, are correct, then this could have been a reason for having vastly larger tides, and hence floods, etc. obviously, also there is the case for how sand dunes form, wind erosion, etc,
depends how you interpret scientific evidence.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There is evidence of a "flood" in many of the peoples of Earth historical reports that would fit the time line here. I suggest how that flood occurred is all that matters now. It seems to be certain it happened based on many clues.

edit on 30-10-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

then what on earth would it take to create ripples that are MORE than a MILE apart, and literally hundreds of feet tall??

As others have said, wind.

I've never heard of this guy but he must be a real idiot if he's trying to claim these ripples have lasted 12,000 years while at the same time comparing them to ripples at a beach that last an afternoon.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This was is in solid rock and permanent. There was some solid data referenced. It is not impossible for this to be true.

Something happened according to historical records.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What historical records?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The wind could do that to sand but these ripples are in the bedrock. Never heard of wind doing that.

It can only be water

edit on 30-10-2022 by pureblood69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

A.) Who's digging down to the bedrock of a random dune in the Sahara?

B.) How does that person know that it isn't from a time when the Sahara was on the coast?
edit on 10/30/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join