It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants being bused to Florida to help with Hurricane cleanup

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Uhm...so are we going to arrest the mayor of Chicago next week based on her doing nothing for years and so many people dying from gunshots which is something she could work to control.

How about you compare DeSantis and ANY recovery done in NOLA...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

To start off, I always enjoy your posts, but this post and the last one, I don't agree with. I live in Florida, and have lived here all my long life. When there's a Hurricane here, all the laborers head to that location. Example, my neighbor across the street just got part of his roof put up, the roofers have not come back since the Hurricane, and we've had no damage in our area. This happens every time there's a catastrophe, so as far as Americans, a lot of them are Americans, the other half are Latin. If they're illegal or not, I don't know. So my point here is that everyone runs to the location of the catastrophe. Some just want to help, but most know that they have steady work for the next couple of years at least.

The next thing is that the illegal "migrants", that are coming to Florida from New York, are doing it for money, they are not forced to come, they are being paid $15.00 an hour plus food allowance to do so. They can either take it or leave it. And as I assume your thinking that Desantis (Florida) is paying them, you're probably right, but I really don't know, and I don't see anything sinister or hypocritical in it. That he's against letting people into this Country illegally, is true, and I agree with that, but we don't know if he's the one to hire the migrants either.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

but I will be there in Fort Myers in like 2 days.

Be safe, hope its not as bad as it looks from photos!

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stelth2

To start off, I always enjoy your posts, but this post and the last one, I don't agree with.

That’s OK it would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything.
Some of the stuff I post I too am unconvinced, but just want to see others opinions.
There’s a lot of information on here that comes out well before mainstream media.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Some of the Illegal Migrants have been arrested for stealing and damaging property after Hurricane Ian.

Source: floridapolitics.com...

Broke the law coming into America.

Broke the law while in America.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Its funny how you upset the Desantis crowd by simply mentioning this could negatively affect his presidential run.

Prepare for some heads to explode.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Great! When they're done with the cleanup, bus them right back to the border and dump them over the other side!

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Some of the Illegal Migrants have been arrested for stealing and damaging property after Hurricane Ian.

Source: floridapolitics.com...

Broke the law coming into America.

Broke the law while in America.

Yes! Exactly what they're doing here in NJ!

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have personally stood on line behind these illegals at our local post office -
They were trying to get money orders each in the amount of $3,000 and were trying to pay for these money orders with Cash.
The person behind the counter refused to give them the money orders unless they had proper identification - which they did not, so they left.
The feeling was that they were going to send this money back to their country, but their plan was foiled.
Isn't it lovely what they are doing with our money??

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

“That the damage is
Being purposely hidden as it looks bad for Desantis.”

Does Desantis have the power to control hurricanes all the sudden?

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Send all the illegals to Puerto Rico to do their cleanup,
then onto Cuba - where they can stay!
By the way - are they paying taxes on that $15 per hour??

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I for one did not get upset. However, since I know what's going on in my state, I'm only clarifying some comments that were made. I try to follow politics here, and I don't know and will never know everything that's going on, but what I do know, I want it to be clear.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I also hear that Florida farmers were angry at Desantis because they could use the farm help from the migrants and didn’t like Desantis sending them elsewhere.

The US has been pretty liberal with handing out temporary Visa's for migrant farm workers. I seriously doubt DeSantis sent any migrants to MV that came here through proper channels.

The news has been covering the rising death toll but certainly not showing 'tons' of dead bodies. I wonder how many bodies equals a ton?

8 American bodies= 1 ton

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It appears some of you don't realize these particular migrants are there as 'legal immigrants' and going through your country's immigration system.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
People can assume that there wasn’t proper warning, proper evacuations.

What?

The state of emergency was declared well before the storm had even developed into a tropical system.
The evacuation orders were given as soon as Florida was placed in the five day cone from the NHC. They were amended as the storm track updated. The storm did start to track farther south (than the initial forecast of a Tampa Bay hit) which did leave less time for those in the Fort Myers area to get out, however to think that in any way is DeSantis's fault is completely asinine.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Its funny how you upset the Desantis crowd by simply mentioning this could negatively affect his presidential run.

Prepare for some heads to explode.

What I find humorous is this post was me trying to say, YES Desantis will be the presidential candidate.
TPTB are doing something to keep the scenes of Florida out of the mainstream to his BENEFIT.

I’m convinced that most people are no longer able to be neutral or see issues from a neutral view.
On just this thread people said “Fake news” then other said Migrants are already causing theft.
People are in real denial that ILLEGAL workers are everywhere and their politicians ALLOW it and maybe even encourage it. This is both sides!

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

What? The state of emergency was declared well before the storm had even developed into a tropical system.

What do you mean What?
People could have a years notice and there would still be some that said they weren’t notified enough.

In the case of hurricanes there are “predicted” paths. Those paths can move, can be stronger, can be weaker. It is never 100%.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

What do you mean What?

I implied your statement was absolutely ludicrous. Didn't think I'd need to say it outright.

There was proper warning. There were proper evacuations (as much as could be with the storm changing direction).

People could have a years notice and there would still be some that said they weren’t notified enough.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. If someone is unprepared for natural disasters, no matter where they live, that's no one's fault but their own.

There are plenty of preparedness campaigns around the country for their respective most likely natural disasters. Most go ignored.

<< 1  2   >>

join