It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants being bused to Florida to help with Hurricane cleanup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.iheart.com...

Numerous migrants who have recently been bused to New York City are reportedly heading to Florida to help with hurricane recovery efforts. Over the weekend, some of them told the “New York Post they are getting into vans in Queens to head to Florida and will get paid 15 bucks an hour to help. It's unclear who is paying them, but they’ve been promised overtime pay and a $15 a day food allowance. FEMA and city officials tell the Post they are not involved.

Firstly, I’ll admit this just second handed rumor. However I wouldn’t doubt it one tiny bit!
You know who likes to do manual labor in hot hot hot humid and snake and gator infested Florida? Not Americans, that’s who!

Ain’t that special? WHO is paying these migrants?
I guess when they say what goes around comes around.
I also hear that Florida farmers were angry at Desantis because they could use the farm help from the migrants and didn’t like Desantis sending them elsewhere.
I think we are going to see a lot of thing coming out of Florida.

I’ve heard some weird things about Lee County Florida, massive massive death and damage, tons of floating bodies. That the damage is
Being purposely hidden as it looks bad for Desantis. There is a Juvenile Jail that may have taken a hit and possible have
Had dead child inmates.

I think this has a lot of implications. I think this solidified the fact that Desantis will probably be the Presidental forerunner.
They are trying to keep the image as clean as possible, even with a disaster of this size.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

“That the damage is
Being purposely hidden as it looks bad for Desantis.”

Does Desantis have the power to control hurricanes all the sudden?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I also hear that Florida farmers were angry at Desantis because they could use the farm help from the migrants and didn’t like Desantis sending them elsewhere.

The US has been pretty liberal with handing out temporary Visa's for migrant farm workers. I seriously doubt DeSantis sent any migrants to MV that came here through proper channels.

The news has been covering the rising death toll but certainly not showing 'tons' of dead bodies. I wonder how many bodies equals a ton?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

“That the damage is

Or the liberal media that would absolutely jump at the chance to portray any popular Republican in the worst light possible?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

“That the damage is

No, a hurricane is a hurricane.
However the aftermath, cleanup, and dead can have a negative image on him.
People can assume that there wasn’t proper warning, proper evacuations. I am not at all saying
It is his fault, but when you are the face of the state….

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

www.news-press.com...

TALLAHASSEE — As the official death toll in Florida from Hurricane Ian climbed to 68 on Monday, many continued to question whether lives could have been saved if Lee County officials had moved more quickly to evacuate barrier islands and other low-lying areas devastated by the storm.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It is his fault, but when you are the face of the state…

The worst hit area didn't recevive an evacuation ordder in a timely manor due to the mayor's negligence. People vote for theie mayors and the governor; it's the mayor's job to keep their town/city opperating properly and the governors job to oversee the states' operations.

If you don't want to blame the person direclty at fault, let's go with your logic and blame the top dog; Biden didn't warn the people in time.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I’m not blaming Desantis, the people were told to evacuate, if they didn’t it is on them. HOWEVER, he will be blamed, especially if there are a lot of deaths. There hasn’t been a lot in the mainstream media about it, so it makes me think they are trying to keep it as quiet as possible.

The migrant issue might be another thing. I said it in a different post. Do we need migrants. Many people said NO.
Why are they being bused to Florida then?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yeah, that's a Lee county situation, not a state situation. Additionally, if you lived in the path of this storm and chose not to get out, that's on you. I highly doubt any of the impacted folks are new to the state or the weather. I know a buddy of mine in Tampa didn't leave and had a nice hurricane party; he got lucky, but a lot of other folks didn't.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The left is desperate to smear DeSantis with anything they can find. Even if they have to make it up.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

edit on 200000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

To me it looks like nobody was prepared for this kind of violent storm and what with warnings of storms becoming more and more violent every year, shouldn't the people in charge have put in place better warning systems?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

To me it looks like nobody was prepared for this kind of violent storm and what with warnings of storms becoming more and more violent every year, shouldn't the people in charge have put in place better warning systems?

Having lived in Florida it can be a cry wolf situation.

A hurricane is formed and they warn people, it then turns into a tropical storm. People get comfy and then want to ride out ones that do turn into cat 4 & 5’s.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The migrant issue might be another thing. I said it in a different post. Do we need migrants. Many people said NO.
Why are they being bused to Florida then?

Most people have no problem with migrants who are here through legal channels; it's the millions who break the law and are rewarded with our tax dollars that people object to. We can't just throw them all into the same mixing pot and give every one of them a free pass.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
As a floridian I can attest that this is fake news

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I live on the west coast and every night the news was half about the monster storm Ian approaching Florida. There were evacuation orders in place and people were warned to go inland and not try to ride it out on the coast.

Even at that, one area didn't get an emergency evacuation order from city officials and took a direct, devistating hit- even though there had been over a week of warnings to move inland.

You would have to ignore all personal responsibility to place the blame on anyone but those who chose to stay and weather out the storm. They made the wrong choice....

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What special work permits have they been issued ? 🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They come with a strong back and a willingness to work.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

They come with a strong back and a willingness to work.

What special work permits have they been issued ?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The powers that be can make the need for work permits go away.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join