It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 14, charged with murder in deadly attack of 73-year-old man

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExiledSpirit777

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I am not seeing that here though so much as just lack of control and lack of respect for other human beings. These were just kids beating up an old guy cause they could. They were all the same race, so there was no racial component.

Ketsuko, I respectfully disagree. I have not heard of any Asians, Latinos, Caucasians, or Mongoloids, that have so historically, and recently, violently attacked their own race.
The facts speak for themselves and there is no pre-judging here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We get it. You're racist.

Race card incorrectly, typically and tritely played.
Do you still beat your mom?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: MeatHookReality

I'm a white guy and I talk like that. If it's racist based on the pronunciation, then every damn thing I ever said was racist. Which is false.

You think only black folks have Southern accents or something? You obviously have never been around that many. Hell, boy, I make Jed Clampett sound like a New Yorker sometimes (especially when I'm in New York)!

TheRedneck
Awesome… but we are talking about spelling & not audible vernacular . The post by network dude was racist.
In regards to your southern twang … I challenge you to post here on ATS by spelling all your words in a definition of Southern phonics made visual.. If your convictions of believing that it’s normal to spell in a phonic in life … Which I find an absurd defense that network dude spelled in Southern phonics so as to declare his geographical accent ..????
Do you know how strange of a defense you sallied forth with ?
I don’t have issues with you , nor do I wish to argue over this matter .
This is my thesis & I will not respond to anymore opinions on this .
I believe it to be racist…
Im laughing , because Ive worked with plenty Southern people in my career & yes there are some very hard to understand conversations.
It’s all good Redneck .

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe11
Nothing will change until the animals start cleaning up their own neighborhoods. I live in Philthy, and let me tell you, it's shocking seeing how the neighborhoods change from great to putrid in the span of 2 blocks. Take a wild guess which race occupies the putrid.
If you have racism in your heart let it out .
Why such a blatant racist post ?
Yes it takes self discipline to do what is right .
Ill remind you that just 55 short years ago Blacks had no civil or voting rights.
So there are plenty of Black elderly people alive today in those very neighborhoods who lived in America with applied racism upon them .
It will take generations to get over the unfair treatment, and it still goes on in zoning, school districting & profiling.
There are many Blacks who prey upon each other & it boggles my mind that they repress themselves even more . There are also great Black people in rough hoods who are trying to do what is right.
Instead of pointing a finger.. go talk to an older Black man in your local hood & befriend him … then just listen ok ?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

In regards to your southern twang … I challenge you to post here on ATS by spelling all your words in a definition of Southern phonics made visual.

Yew ain't been 'round heah long enuff tuh be that fuhmiliah wi'me, so ah kin overlook that comment uh li'l. But ah do it purty reg'lar, use'ly when some idjit thanks it's cool tuh make fun uh my "handle." Ah mite be uh redneck, but ah'm also uh degreed engineer. Ah use it tuh drive home thu point that yew cain't judge uh book by it's covuh.

If your convictions of believing that it’s normal to spell in a phonic in life

It's normal to do so when addressing someone with lower intelligence... which this mother obviously has. Yeah, it's a slur, but it would be just as much a slur if she was white, latino, black, asian... race has nothing to do with it.

Except to someone who sees race as the primary focus in everything. I hope that doesn't describe you.

Then I suggest you shouldn't have challenged the post. Doing so in the manner you did called me a racist as well. I don't take too kindly to that.

I was born 7 years before Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. My first year of public school was also the first year that school was integrated... and someone burned the school building down that next summer. I grew up surrounded by the KKK... was twice personally invited to join. Both times I told them I didn't need their help hating folks, but they were welcome to join me. I lost two friends that way. I have sat and waited for the Klan to show up, just to see the fireworks... and was disappointed when the cowards backed out.

I remember signs posted along the major thoroughfares... "Have your black ass off this mountain by sunset" and "Don't let the sun set on your black ass." They stayed there for years; no one even tried to take them down.

I remember a great uncle of mine actually tell me one day: "They's nothing wrong with black folks. They can't help it if they're part monkey." Fine old man, thought the world of him... but he was racist as the day is long. He was raised that way. At least he wasn't a hateful racist like the Klan.

Now I live in an area that is heavily integrated. I get along with all my neighbors, black, white, or otherwise. So do my neighbors. We've moved beyond the days of racism... but I saw it again when I was driving a truck OTR. It starts in New Jersey and gets worse the farther into New England one goes. I couldn't stand to even have the CB on up there, the filth was so bad. And those were NOT Southern accents spewing that crap. But let someone post a phonics representation of Southern slang and those racist fools call us the racists?

You may be doing a thesis on racism, but let me tell you something, son: you don't know one damn thing about it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Oh I have, I've talked with plenty of black people, and they don't sugarcoat anything. Everything I've said, I've heard come out of their mouths. Of course there are good people in "the hood." Just like there are sh*tbags in gated communities.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe11

Quite a few of my black neighbors have lamented to me about the same thing. They've watched their family and friends' communities go downhill and every one of them says the same thing: the parents don't care and let the kids run wild. They also blame the war on racism for making people feel entitled, so they get lazy and don't want to be full-time parents.

I've seen the exact same thing happen in white communities where the welfare state caused the same attitude. The nuclear family (Mommy, Daddy, and kids) disappears in favor of single mothers and deadbeat dads, kids start running wild without any parental involvement, the schools go to hell, and crime skyrockets. Everyone who can leave leaves, leaving only those who are the cause of the problem to spiral downward.

It's not a race thing; it's an entitlement thing. Race is just a convenient excuse.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

In regards to your southern twang … I challenge you to post here on ATS by spelling all your words in a definition of Southern phonics made visual.

Yew ain't been 'round heah long enuff tuh be that fuhmiliah wi'me, so ah kin overlook that comment uh li'l. But ah do it purty reg'lar, use'ly when some idjit thanks it's cool tuh make fun uh my "handle." Ah mite be uh redneck, but ah'm also uh degreed engineer. Ah use it tuh drive home thu point that yew cain't judge uh book by it's covuh.

If your convictions of believing that it’s normal to spell in a phonic in life

It's normal to do so when addressing someone with lower intelligence... which this mother obviously has. Yeah, it's a slur, but it would be just as much a slur if she was white, latino, black, asian... race has nothing to do with it.

Except to someone who sees race as the primary focus in everything. I hope that doesn't describe you.

Then I suggest you shouldn't have challenged the post. Doing so in the manner you did called me a racist as well. I don't take too kindly to that.

I was born 7 years before Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. My first year of public school was also the first year that school was integrated... and someone burned the school building down that next summer. I grew up surrounded by the KKK... was twice personally invited to join. Both times I told them I didn't need their help hating folks, but they were welcome to join me. I lost two friends that way. I have sat and waited for the Klan to show up, just to see the fireworks... and was disappointed when the cowards backed out.

I remember signs posted along the major thoroughfares... "Have your black ass off this mountain by sunset" and "Don't let the sun set on your black ass." They stayed there for years; no one even tried to take them down.

I remember a great uncle of mine actually tell me one day: "They's nothing wrong with black folks. They can't help it if they're part monkey." Fine old man, thought the world of him... but he was racist as the day is long. He was raised that way. At least he wasn't a hateful racist like the Klan.

Now I live in an area that is heavily integrated. I get along with all my neighbors, black, white, or otherwise. So do my neighbors. We've moved beyond the days of racism... but I saw it again when I was driving a truck OTR. It starts in New Jersey and gets worse the farther into New England one goes. I couldn't stand to even have the CB on up there, the filth was so bad. And those were NOT Southern accents spewing that crap. But let someone post a phonics representation of Southern slang and those racist fools call us the racists?

You may be doing a thesis on racism, but let me tell you something, son: you don't know one damn thing about it.

TheRedneck

I apologized in a post yesterday to you that explains I clicked on your post by accident instead if network dude’s post with the slur on it .
Go back in the thread & you will see the post I made .
Lol we are arguing about half of a problem that should not exist at this point.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MeatHookReality

Racist comments don’t help anyone dude.

Excuse me? Exactly what in the statement you quoted was racist?

A black 14-year-old boy and a black 14-year old girl are in jail for killing a back 73-year-old man. What in the world is racist about any of that?

TheRedneck
Im sorry TheRedneck it was network dude that had the racist post . I clicked on one of your posts by accident. I apologise , and I posted a new comment to network dude .
Almost 24 hours ago I posted my apology.. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Schmoe11

Quite a few of my black neighbors have lamented to me about the same thing. They've watched their family and friends' communities go downhill and every one of them says the same thing: the parents don't care and let the kids run wild. They also blame the war on racism for making people feel entitled, so they get lazy and don't want to be full-time parents.

I've seen the exact same thing happen in white communities where the welfare state caused the same attitude. The nuclear family (Mommy, Daddy, and kids) disappears in favor of single mothers and deadbeat dads, kids start running wild without any parental involvement, the schools go to hell, and crime skyrockets. Everyone who can leave leaves, leaving only those who are the cause of the problem to spiral downward.

It's not a race thing; it's an entitlement thing. Race is just a convenient excuse.

TheRedneck
Well said

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes, you apologized. I thought at the time that would be the end of it. But you kept insisting that speaking Southern is racist.

Here's the bottom line: I'll drop it for now. But I won't let spurious accusations of racism pass without being challenged... ever. The reason is simple: they water down the horrors of actual racism. I want people to remember those horrors, because I never want anyone to have to deal again with what I saw and friends of mine experienced.

Judging from your statements, I assume you are a black man. You also claim to be writing a thesis; that is typically the last step before obtaining a Masters Degree (congratulations on that accomplishment). In my day, that could not happen, no matter how smart you were, no matter how dedicated you were, no matter how deserving you were. I celebrate the fact that today, black folks have the same opportunities in life as anyone else.

But that also means you probably never personally experienced actual racism (unless you just happen to live in one of those carp-hole areas like New England). You have likely experienced a few racists along the way; so what? I have been the victim of bigotry most of my life. Where do you think i got that nickname? I didn't make it up... I adopted it so no one could hurt me with it any more. And this was many, many years ago... long before comedians like Jeff Foxworthy made it cool to be a redneck.

My point is this: if you look for racism, you will see racism at every turn, in every word and phrase, in every direction around you. If you don't look for racism, you will not see it unless it actually exists. Don't worry; if you ever do encounter a real, honest-to-God racist, you'll know it. You won't have to be looking for it if that happens.

Ve en paz.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thank you; perhaps we are not so far apart as we seem.

I hope not.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thank you; perhaps we are not so far apart as we seem.

I hope not.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yes, you apologized. I thought at the time that would be the end of it. But you kept insisting that speaking Southern is racist.

Here's the bottom line: I'll drop it for now. But I won't let spurious accusations of racism pass without being challenged... ever. The reason is simple: they water down the horrors of actual racism. I want people to remember those horrors, because I never want anyone to have to deal again with what I saw and friends of mine experienced.

Judging from your statements, I assume you are a black man. You also claim to be writing a thesis; that is typically the last step before obtaining a Masters Degree (congratulations on that accomplishment). In my day, that could not happen, no matter how smart you were, no matter how dedicated you were, no matter how deserving you were. I celebrate the fact that today, black folks have the same opportunities in life as anyone else.

But that also means you probably never personally experienced actual racism (unless you just happen to live in one of those carp-hole areas like New England). You have likely experienced a few racists along the way; so what? I have been the victim of bigotry most of my life. Where do you think i got that nickname? I didn't make it up... I adopted it so no one could hurt me with it any more. And this was many, many years ago... long before comedians like Jeff Foxworthy made it cool to be a redneck.

My point is this: if you look for racism, you will see racism at every turn, in every word and phrase, in every direction around you. If you don't look for racism, you will not see it unless it actually exists. Don't worry; if you ever do encounter a real, honest-to-God racist, you'll know it. You won't have to be looking for it if that happens.

Ve en paz.

TheRedneck
Im as white as they come .

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExiledSpirit777

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I am not seeing that here though so much as just lack of control and lack of respect for other human beings. These were just kids beating up an old guy cause they could. They were all the same race, so there was no racial component.

Ketsuko, I respectfully disagree. I have not heard of any Asians, Latinos, Caucasians, or Mongoloids, that have so historically, and recently, violently attacked their own race.
The facts speak for themselves and there is no pre-judging here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We get it. You're racist.

Race card incorrectly, typically and tritely played.
Do you still beat your mom?

You are hilariously wrong on that one. Racist card is properly used if you understand your own words.

Even followed up with a stupider comment of "do you still beat your mom".

What a joke.
edit on 21-7-2022 by ExiledSpirit777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe11
a reply to: ExiledSpirit777

I don't see what's racist. I see only observations. I guess it's racist to hate the inner-city thug culture so prevalent today. Lack of parenting, lack of consideration, lack of education, lack of respect, lack of caring.

I'll simplify it for you. The quote: "Ketsuko, I respectfully disagree. I have not heard of any Asians, Latinos, Caucasians, or Mongoloids, that have so historically, and recently, violently attacked their own race."

Which is extremely wrong first off. Second off, if you dont see the targeting towards a certain demographic only as not being racist, I have no words for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Racist card is properly used if you understand your own words.

A "racist card" is, by definition, an accusation of racism produced during a debate, just as a specific card may be played during a card game to improve one's position. Therefore, it is a ploy and not a legitimate argument and cannot be used in a "proper" manner. it does not contribute to one's own position as much as it seeks to undermine the messenger to weaken one's opponent.

That is not "proper" during a debate. One should go after the ball, not the player. The "tacist card" implies going after the player.

Maybe you should understand your own words before you (mis)use them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

First, that statement does cast aspersions toward a particular demographic; I will acquiesce to that point.

Second, I would ask if it were a true statement. A true statement cannot, by definition, be "racist." Can you point to any of the specified groups ("Asians, Latinos, Caucasians, or Mongoloids")* who have similarly attacked their own race in history?

That is a legitimate question; I do not know the answer.

* there is some racial confusion in those terms: as I understand it, there is no difference between "Asians" (a vernacular term) and "Mongoloids" (the scientific classification). Also, I do not believe "Hispanic" is considered a "race".... I am admittedly still quite fuzzy on what constitutes a "Hispanic" person, other than that seems to indicate some Spanish heritage? Just not something that ever caught my imagination enough to look into deeply; maybe you can explain to me what constitutes a "Hispanic"?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

First, that statement does cast aspersions toward a particular demographic; I will acquiesce to that point.

Second, I would ask if it were a true statement. A true statement cannot, by definition, be "racist." Can you point to any of the specified groups ("Asians, Latinos, Caucasians, or Mongoloids")* who have similarly attacked their own race in history?

That is a legitimate question; I do not know the answer.

* there is some racial confusion in those terms: as I understand it, there is no difference between "Asians" (a vernacular term) and "Mongoloids" (the scientific classification). Also, I do not believe "Hispanic" is considered a "race".... I am admittedly still quite fuzzy on what constitutes a "Hispanic" person, other than that seems to indicate some Spanish heritage? Just not something that ever caught my imagination enough to look into deeply; maybe you can explain to me what constitutes a "Hispanic"?

TheRedneck

So it wasnt a true statement. Then by your rules of what is and what isnt, it would be racist.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Didintyaknow? Jusbenborninthasouthmakesapersonracist, anifyaspenenuftimeinthasouththaracizmwullruboffonya. Itslikdaracismisindabludanwatah

At least in the south people tend to be more polite than the high and mighty assholes who are racist, and when you call them out on it they'll say it isn't racist.

You call out a racist asshole out in the south they'll either apologize or admit to being a racist asshole.

People in the "north" (New England states) tend to have nothing but excuse after excuse of why what they say and do isn't racist, but "just an observation," or "it's not racist, it's a stereotype," or even "I'm not racist, just a little prejudiced."

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So it wasnt a true statement. Then by your rules of what is and what isnt, it would be racist.

Slow down there, haus!

Show me an example of it not being true, then we can talk about "is it a racist statement?" You are making a claim with no evidence whatsoever; I would like to know when another race has attacked its own people to a similar extent as we have today. Just claiming "It's not a true statement" without any further explanation is not quite enough.

Seems you have your cart in front of your horse. Don't work that way.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join