It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 14, charged with murder in deadly attack of 73-year-old man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Folks it's either getting worse, or the media is beginning to publicize the horrors.
Lambert was on an early morning walk around his North Philadelphia neighborhood on June 24. When he reached the area of 21st and Cecil B. Moore Streets, Lambert was taunted and followed by a group of seven juveniles as he crossed the street. In his attempt to walk away, the group of children assaulted him with a traffic cone, knocking him to the ground. Those juveniles were caught on surveillance video laughing and smiling as they beat James Lambert.

Gamara Mosley, 14, faces third-degree murder and conspiracy charges for the traffic cone beating death of James Lambert Jr.

She is the second 14-year-old charged in the case.

Her mother Shara states, " "She’s not a bad kid. Why did she have to be around them kids that make her do them things?"

No parental guidance comes to mind.

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...
nypost.com...
www.nbcnews.com...
www.msn.com...
news.yahoo.com...
ussanews.com...

edit on v302022Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 17 Jul 2022 14:30:05 -05001 by Violater1 because: fdij

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
She's not a bad kid, you're just a horrible mother.
Who in their right mind lets 14 year olds run around at 2:30 AM?
We have an entire generation of urban youth where violence has become normalized.
This is not sustainable.
edit on 17-7-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Her mother Shara states, " "She’s not a bad kid. Why did she have to be around them kids that make her do them things?"

pretty certain most sane people consider manslaughter to be pretty 'bad'

She should be apologising profusely to the family of the victim and not even trying to defend her daughter, she can still tell her she loves her....if she ever did.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
my baby didndu nuffin!

this will only continue and escalate with parenting like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
She's not a bad kid, you're just a horrible mother.
Who in their right mind lets 14 year olds run around at 2:30 AM?
We have an entire generation of urban youth where violence has become normalized.
This is not sustainable.

It can and is both. 14 is plenty old enough to know basic human rights. The mother should have enforced structure and self accountability in her child. Both are at fault but only one committed felony assault.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
my baby didndu nuffin!

this will only continue and escalate with parenting like this.

She needs to be locked up forever.

This will possibly prevent Hate Crimes like this from happening.

The three suspects reportedly began hitting the woman over the head with an unidentified object. Police say one of the suspects yelled, "I hate white people. I hate the way they talk."

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Drop it down the sewer, along with it's mother

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Because she had a mother who let her? Where were you, ma'am? At what point did you think that possibly it was not a good idea for your child to be out running the streets at 2:30am?

I wasn't allowed to do that until I was 18 and out of the house and my parents didn't have control over me any more.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Seems like typical parenting for the ghetto. It's like a different world in the hood and getting worse quickly. How long can the progressives running the cities keep this going before civilized people revolt?

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't see any emotion in that image of her. Point blank stare, up to anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

They're animals.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Kids that are given material things but no true love will wind up like this almost all of the time. There are evil people but this girl, as someone mentioned the eyes, is a husk. A group gets together, all the same, and then group mentality sets in.

That is horrible what they did and for no reason at all. Nothing. I am sure if asked they would say they were bored.
It is beyond blaming the parent also because they will blame the societal ills for why it happened.

No, forever, she will use this as a further excuse to do more wrong.

Poor old dude.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Science Anthropology from the Year 75000BC 🦷

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Even worse, if you asked, I'm sure she didn't mean to kill him. She absolutely meant to smack him upside the head repeatedly. That part was fun, but she didn't mean to kill him ...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

At what point did you think that possibly it was not a good idea for your child to be out running the streets at 2:30am?

Probably when the police showed up with a warrant.

I have looked at several related stories linked in the first link in the OP (local news usually gives better coverage of local stories). The police also have a 14-year-old boy in custody, and questioned is 10-year-old brother before releasing him. Watch the video closely: at one point, this girl does something on her phone and hands it to the 10-year-old, who then records the attack for her. The police say they believe the phone belongs to this girl (who hit the victim not once but twice with the traffic cone) but so far no one has been able to get into it (including her lawyer).

This is gang activity, pure and simple. We now have 10- and 14-year-olds participating in gang attacks in the dead of the night.

Everyone get that? We now have 10- and 14-year-olds participating in gang attacks in the dead of the night. How long until these kids get black market guns and turn North Philly into their own private war zone?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

If she was a good mother, parents would scold them for hanging out with the wrong areas.
With the wrong crowd.

Even if the kid was likely, she might have fallen to the usual peer pressure like those tik tok challenges..
I blame the social media generation for the current mess of our society.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

If she was a good mother, parents would scold them for hanging out with the wrong areas.
With the wrong crowd.

Even if the kid was likely, she might have fallen to the usual peer pressure like those tik tok challenges..

Her future.."I blame society"

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

With the wrong crowd.

There is NO father figure! I blame the irresponsible father, that left the irresponsible mother, who was raised by an irresponsible mother, whose irresponsible father left her, whose...

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
Nope..we can't have fathers, thats a bad thing!..well, according to BLM anyway

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Who's to say she doesn't scold her daughter? But does she have control? Does she impose real and meaningful consequences and has she ever to the point where her daughter respects her?

No

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join