It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: projectvxn

Banning opposition parties is what dictatorships do.

If Ukraine wasn't being dismantled by Russia I'd agree but under the current circumstances removing the friend of the enemy that has invaded your country and stopping them from gaining access sensitive information seems justified to me.

Different horses for different courses.

I agree Gortex. the US did the same when we had a war a few times as well. We even have a rule against it under providing aid and comfort.
Russia is just as bad as Ukraine in that they have done the same and even worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: JinMI

Who wouldn't have died if Putin hadn't ordered the invasion and continued with it despite all those deaths....and those of both Ukrainian and Russian soldiers etc.

Go back, re-read. Wrong timeframe.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The USA placed all Japanese Americans in internment camps during WWII, which was ok, right?

Zelensky is probably working toward this with any Ukrainian citizens of Russian descent.
This is acceptable for the sake of supporting the war effort.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
The 2014 coup against the legitimate government of Ukraine was planned and executed by Obama and the people that controlled him, this is all part of their master plan, Putin is the wrench in the gears.

The fake US government is really hoping to provoke WWIII before the next elections.

Zelensky isn’t really calling the shots.

That Goverment was a Putin puppet, so same same... Ukraine is not Russia, how many times is that needed to be said?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I shouldn’t worry to much Freeborn.

When the western cash cow stops producing Ukraine will belong to Russia and all those weapons and money gifted to them will as well.

a reply to: Freeborn

edit on 21-6-2022 by Dalamax because: Paragraph

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Are you guys being serious? It's a war. They literally kill people, but shutting down a party and taking their money is unacceptable? You can't tolerate foreign agents working to undermine the war effort when real lives are on the line.

If he continues to ban parties for ideological reasons after the war, then I'll change my mind. But a pro-Russia party in that situation should absolutely be banned.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: choomsuba
The 2014 coup against the legitimate government of Ukraine was planned and executed by Obama and the people that controlled him, this is all part of their master plan, Putin is the wrench in the gears.

The fake US government is really hoping to provoke WWIII before the next elections.

Zelensky isn’t really calling the shots.

That Goverment was a Putin puppet, so same same... Ukraine is not Russia, how many times is that needed to be said?

It needs to be stated over and over lest people forget the facts.

Zelensky is a corrupt puppet of the USA and NATO.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Playing devils advocate to explore and process both sides of the argument would be my guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ukraine has been intimidating and indiscriminately killing its own citizens in the Donbass region for almost 9 years now. Well before Russia was anywhere but Crimea. It took 8 years of the residents of the Donbass region begging for Russia to help for them to actually come help. Excuse me if I don't support Ukraine in this whatsoever...

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Like I said he has very little say in parliament and there's bags of evidence of him speaking against such moves.

Money bags of evidence.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

He's getting rich off all the kickbacks on all this and he'll get whatever he wants to keep the bidens and other gov officials dirty laundry under wraps

Ukraine is as dirty as Russia ever was, they're just in a position to capitalize on the "but we got invaded " situation....

I'm convinced when this is all said and done the sh!t we find out and how much of this was just kabuki theater to facilitate more nefarious # will blow people's minds

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Lots of crimes are justified by the circumstance of war. For that you'll get no argument.

After the war? Those powers hardly ever go back to the chopping block.

This is nothing more than the use of a crisis that one must not let go to waste for the power that can be grabbed and kept.

The US justified the destruction of constitutional rights to fight terrorists. Even killing American citizens and their children in drone strikes justified by the war footing we found ourselves in.

The first casualty of war is the truth, closely followed by the principles of the nation.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Fact is, Moscow funded Neo-Nazi and Ultra-Nationalist Militias were operating in both Luhansk and Donetsk since at least 2011.
These Militia's were targeting official Ukrainian buildings and operations.
They were terrorising many Non-Orthodox Christians and Jews.....all with tacit and actual support from The Kremlin.

Of course Ukraine struck back.
Too hard?
Possibly at times.

But it doesn't alter the fact that Russia was deliberately agitating throughout both Oblasts in order to further the separatist movements and in direct opposition to Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So why not let Russia and Ukraine duke it out and the world accepts the outcome?
It’s not worth escalating this to WWIII.

No other countries should have a dog in this fight.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Are you guys being serious? It's a war. They literally kill people, but shutting down a party and taking their money is unacceptable? You can't tolerate foreign agents working to undermine the war effort when real lives are on the line.

If he continues to ban parties for ideological reasons after the war, then I'll change my mind. But a pro-Russia party in that situation should absolutely be banned.

This is an example of how ordinary people and world leaders differ in their thinking.

Ordinary peeps see the death and tragedy and wonder how ending that isn’t everybody’s focus.

These world leaders see stats that say people die every day , sometimes more often, sometimes less.

However political parties don’t get bound, gagged and their assets seized under normal circumstances, so this is both a dangerous time and one ripe with opportunity and so this is their focus. Death count be damned.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there is still evidence of corrupt ties to US politicians up for grabs in the Ukraine. Like a busted piñata of dirt, spilling it’s contents on the ground to be scrabbled for by these kidults.

edit on 21-6-2022 by Dalamax because: Got carried away a little

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

Because it would have been a one-sided affair.
Because most Ukrainians don't want to be subjugated to Russian oppression again.
Because if allowed Putin won't just stop at Ukraine.

If Russia kept out of it then it should have been left to Ukraine to sort its own # out....but human beings, regardless of nationality, have a habit of interfering in other people's business.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well that's a danger, yeah. They can try to use it as an excuse to ban any party in the future, I won't deny that.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Because it would have been a one-sided affair.
Because most Ukrainians don't want to be subjugated to Russian oppression again.
Because if allowed Putin won't just stop at Ukraine.

If Russia kept out of it then it should have been left to Ukraine to sort its own # out....but human beings, regardless of nationality, have a habit of interfering in other people's business.

Escalating a regional war in to a world war is just wrong.
If that happens it’s a no win situation for the planet.

We need some world leaders with some backbone to start negotiating a truce or peace settlement, someone who understands Putins mentality but rises above it and does not put themselves at his level of dangerous ignorance.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

First Ukraine then where?
Poland?

Look at what happened the last time a dictator invaded Poland - well, two dictators to be exact.

In another thread ManBehidTheMask mentioned a man called Alexander Dugin, someone Putin greatly admires.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

A loathsome and scary man.

And do we just ignore the wishes and well being of all those millions of Ukrainians who dread the thought of being subjected to Russian overlordship again?

Putin has been agitating for this for some time now.
If he hadn't provoked the situation and then ordered the invasion I'd tend to agree with you; let Ukraine sort its own mess out.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

First Ukraine then where?
Poland?

Look at what happened the last time a dictator invaded Poland - well, two dictators to be exact.

In another thread ManBehidTheMask mentioned a man called Alexander Dugin, someone Putin greatly admires.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

A loathsome and scary man.

And do we just ignore the wishes and well being of all those millions of Ukrainians who dread the thought of being subjected to Russian overlordship again?

Putin has been agitating for this for some time now.
If he hadn't provoked the situation and then ordered the invasion I'd tend to agree with you; let Ukraine sort its own mess out.

There’s really only 2 options, a peaceful settlement or WWIII.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join