It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I have yet to find a single word about it in German mainstream news!

I wonder why that is? Similarities to what Hitler did maybe?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The action taken has to do with the party supporting Russias invasion of Ukraine and blaming the entire mess on Zelenskyy. The courts banned the political party, not Zelenskyy. The party was formed in 1999.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba

Zelensky is a corrupt puppet of the USA and NATO.

I don't really agree, but lets say he is.... So what?

You are suggesting that the US removed Russian's puppet with their own, OK so what again?

Did the US invade Ukraine when Russia did their dirty deeds, nope, but now Russia invades with mass destruction and deaths on both sides with the reason that Ukraine has always been Russia and they want it back now.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ukraine is in conflict with Russia and For Life supports Russia , chances are there won't be a Ukraine after this so what happens today bears no correlation to what happens tomorrow.

On 5 November 2018, one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s closest associates and chief of staff to former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Medvedchuk was elected chairman of the party For Life political party's council.[26][27][28] Medvedchuk was also leader of the Ukrainian Choice NGO, a socially conservative pro-Russian political group and partially prohibited in Ukraine as openly anti-Ukrainian.[29]

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Opposition%20Bloc%20members%2C%20Ukraine%20%E2%80%93%20Forward,the%2 02019%20Ukrainian%20presidential%20election.

Don’t you find it odd that a party with enough supporters to be considered “Main Opposition Party” is pro-Russian?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We need a strong world leader that won’t listen to the naysayers to negotiate a peace settlement soon, the only other option is WWIII.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We need a strong world leader that won’t listen to the naysayers to negotiate a peace settlement soon, the only other option is WWIII.

He’ll be here soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

This is exactly what the democrats want to do in the US, I guess Ukraine is their test platform.

I was about to say... isn't that like the DNC (who currently runs all three branches in the US) banning the GOP and taking their funds?

smells like communism.

That may be what it looks like to many.

For those with eyes to see : it looks like a corporation restructuring it's affiliates...
A tree abandoning a non-productive root-chute...
An octopus dropping the end off-of a damaged arm...

Zelenskyy™ is nothing more than Dave-The-President™...

But like all of youze : am just guessing, and don't have my ears in the Inner-Circle™.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

originally posted by: gortex

Ukraine is in conflict with Russia and For Life supports Russia , chances are there won't be a Ukraine after this so what happens today bears no correlation to what happens tomorrow.

On 5 November 2018, one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s closest associates and chief of staff to former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Medvedchuk was elected chairman of the party For Life political party's council.[26][27][28] Medvedchuk was also leader of the Ukrainian Choice NGO, a socially conservative pro-Russian political group and partially prohibited in Ukraine as openly anti-Ukrainian.[29]

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Opposition%20Bloc%20members%2C%20Ukraine%20%E2%80%93%20Forward,the%2 02019%20Ukrainian%20presidential%20election.

Don’t you find it odd that a party with enough supporters to be considered “Main Opposition Party” is pro-Russian?

Not since we " supposedly " reelected a dick-tater with nice-hair, who was openly gushing about how awesome China's ™ dictatorship was, because ' one could really get a lot done when all opposition is suppressed '.

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.
It's so in our face, that it's hard to imagine it as anything other than direct provocation.

So what do " They™ " want to provoke us into ?

Maybe just another Solution™ from their Hegelian-BS™ ?

Or perhaps just dropping charges, to create a run-away avalanche ?

They have Solutions™ for that too, though...

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

👍👍👍👍👍

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Escalating a regional war in to a world war is just wrong.
If that happens it’s a no win situation for the planet.
a reply to: choomsuba
First sentence, agreed. Except chances are it will after the next Eurovision or around that time.
Second sentence, Putin said the same thing right at the beginning of this conflict, it's not a war in my view. Putin said if the West interfered, it would lead to a war of which there would be no winners.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So..........................what?!12

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Doesn't Germany ban all fascist parties?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Well that's a danger, yeah. They can try to use it as an excuse to ban any party in the future, I won't deny that.

It's THE danger.

The PATRIOT Act is still law.

The Global War on Terror has turned inward.

America is on the verge of a political split that could lead to a civil war.

Power grabs have lasting consequences and history shows us that it is rarely if ever a good thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

100% agreed.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Not just like that. It takes years because you can not just throw around that word and there needs to be a clear case. And when it happens like with the NPD, the only party that got banned because of that during my lifetime, they do not get assets seized.

So your idea about how we just ban fascist parties because we label them like that casually (as in multiple even) is based on a wrong impression.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't think any country should be divided during war.

The country at war needs to be united under one ideology.

Diversity can come later.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Unfortunately, I don't know much about modern German society and it's cultural issues to have any insight on that. I work with Germans and I was deployed with some, but it doesn't go any further than that.

I can imagine that media there is just as #ty as it is here but I don't know.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It won't when the ruling political bloc outlaws any opposition.

The truth is that there are many Russians in Ukraine and telling those people that their worldview is meaningless is a recipe for civil war later on. Even if Russia ends the war tomorrow through diplomacy, the resentments and recriminations will create the perfect conditions for civil war within Ukraine. There is historical precedent here.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I believe it's right to kill in self-defense. In the same way it's right to ban a party collaborating with a totalitarian enemy who will ban all pro-Ukraine parties if it can. This is part of Russia's policy to remove nationalism from Ukraine. So why do you get upset at Ukraine and not Russia?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Annee

It won't when the ruling political bloc outlaws any opposition.

The truth is that there are many Russians in Ukraine and telling those people that their worldview is meaningless is a recipe for civil war later on. Even if Russia ends the war tomorrow through diplomacy, the resentments and recriminations will create the perfect conditions for civil war within Ukraine. There is historical precedent here.

So what if there are Russians in Ukraine. I'd say they just want to live their lives and not have their houses, cities, and jobs flattened by Russia's method of annihilation.

There is always civil unrest because of differing ideologies. So what?

I stand with the government being united during the war.

Have they made it illegal to even mention opposition --as Russia has?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join