It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The US was aiding in the Ukranians govt of killing Ukranians long before russia invaded.

The fans have been applied to flame for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

When you have a " Fifth Column " in your midst, you need to take action.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And Russia has been fanning the flames in the East of Ukraine since they took Crimea , cause and effect.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Which proceded a US backed coup.

Point being, choosing a side is gonna cost and the moral highground is a descent onto a plateau.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes, Zelensky and his regime are probably corrupt....that's for the Ukrainian people to sort out, not NATO, not the UK/US and certainly NOT Russia.
The scale of the corruption in Ukraine, considerable though it may be, pales into insignificance when compared to Putin's Russia.

And at the end of the day Putin ordered the invasion.
It is Putin who is continuing with his policy of death and destruction.

Ordinary Ukrainians and ordinary Russians are dying because Putin ordered it, no-one else.

For me the single biggest priority is to put an end to the killing.....and only one man can do that, but he won't.

edit on 21/6/22 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Point being, choosing a side is gonna cost and the moral highground is a descent onto a plateau.

Before that a majority wanted prosperity and trade, access to greater markets. There's always power plays and hijacked mandates. Part and parcel to civilized living apparently.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I can see why the Ukrainian people would want to get rid of their Moscow puppet President and gain some of the freedoms of the West , if there was a coup it was the people against the government that didn't represent the will of the people and the people won , Huzzah ! , sadly Mother Russia doesn't let go that easily.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I can see why the Ukrainian people would want to get rid of their Moscow puppet President and gain some of the freedoms of the West , if there was a coup it was the people against the government that didn't represent the will of the people and the people won , Huzzah ! , sadly Mother Russia doesn't let go that easily.

Zelenskyy is well known for going against the will of the people with his policies. He had a 21 percent approval rating at the start of this year.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Lol, such a pretty story to gloss over 13000 dead Ukranian civilians at the hands of Ukranians with US and Russian weaponry.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Who wouldn't have died if Putin hadn't ordered the invasion and continued with it despite all those deaths....and those of both Ukrainian and Russian soldiers etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Summit.News

The country’s Ministry of Justice announced the move via Facebook, revealing that the Opposition Platform — For Life had been shut down and its assets, money and property transferred to the state.

For democracy, of course.

The Lion of Ukraine seems to be not much more than another snake in the grass seeking power. Volodomyr Zelenskyy is a dictator and intends to rule Ukraine as an unopposed war lord.

I have to wonder why his attitude toward the warnings by NATO and the US Intel community was so dismissive in the beginning of the war. Maybe Zelenskyy wanted a war so that he could solidify his hold on Ukraine. Now he's talking diplomacy with Russia. He knows a prolonged war would be deleterious to his hold on power and has said multiple times that only diplomacy will end the war. Putin may not be willing to give Zelenskyy his way, however.

The more I see out of Ukraine, the more suspicious I am of the motives behind this war.

You mean like he sold out Eastern Ukraine? got Russia to eliminate the only force within Ukraine that could have toppled him?

entirely possible...

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Boris Johnson has an approval rating of 24 percent but as nobody can stomach the opposition Johnson is safe , politics are screwed everywhere.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So, just like Russia now, did he internationally assassinate his opponents too?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Like I said he has very little say in parliament and there's bags of evidence of him speaking against such moves.

Those bags are empty.

Clearly. Read the article.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Putin been doing his crap for 3 decades, maybe we need to see how Ukraine turns out if they get out of this war. You all making judgement calls as the country goes down in flames...lol

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The 2014 coup against the legitimate government of Ukraine was planned and executed by Obama and the people that controlled him, this is all part of their master plan, Putin is the wrench in the gears.

The fake US government is really hoping to provoke WWIII before the next elections.

Zelensky isn’t really calling the shots.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I did, I didn't want to get dragged into defining less than accurate statements.

I'm not an expert on Ukrainian politics so therefore I'm not savvy to Ukrainian law, clearly there's a process that's been followed. This decision was from an appeals court.

They can appeal this too with the supreme court within 20 days, five minutes info gathering dude. I can bother and spend some actual time to learn some things if you want.

The Queen signs all our legislation too the crazy dictator.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Freeborn

Then why take sides?

I've seen your posts and the fact that you take sides knowing how corrupt the both parties are is nonsensical.

Maybe the same reason people vote and act like they just did some amazing civil service for their community.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

lol that's a really interesting point Tzar.

It's a team sports mentality.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Team sports is just brand recognition pretending to be work ethic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join