It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees Are Fish, California Court Rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Mods: If wrong forum, please move.

To get bumble bees protections from agricultural practices, judges determined that bees could actually be considered fish.

What the heck? If up is down, will it be impossible to fall now in our crazy world? Well, I guess if men can be women, I shouldn't be surprised, but don't expect me to ever eat sushi.

A trio of judges in California said on Tuesday that bees could be legally classified as a type of fish as part of a ruling that gave added conservation protections to the endangered species.

"The issue presented here is whether the bumble bee, a terrestrial invertebrate, falls within the definition of fish," the judges wrote in their ruling. And, they concluded, it does.

A little fishy on your biscuit, honey?

The opinion is 35 pages of debate and legal explanation on what makes a fish a fish.

A judge on the SCOTUS can't even identify what a woman is because she's not a biologist, but three judges on California- who are not biologists either- can identify what a fish is? LMAO.

It's getting harder every day to 'look on the bright side'; all we have left to get us through these times is humor, it seems. Maybe a tiny ray of hope the pendulum will start swinging the other way.

[www.vice.com...]

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Scientists also recently found a fish fossil they're calling the 'Dragon of Death'. I'm calling it a Giant Honeybee.

If some kind soul knows how to post a pic, I'd appreciate it.

[www.vice.com...]

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
So this is now a fish...

Right, and Joe Biden is the best president ever.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I mean, it's a stretch. But what is really head scratching is why they had to resort to this to protect bees.

I guess insects are so reviled that there are no regulations to provide them any kind of protections. It's a shame that pesticide companies and corporate executives can't be environmentally responsible enough to be trusted not to kill bees and drive them to the brink of extinction.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Got my bee tackle and rod and I am heading out to the fish hive to try my luck.

I got stung by a trout and I caught a honey fish!

Retards.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think this is stupid.

California is stupid.

The judge is stupid.

The people are stupid.

But we do have to do everything we can to save the bees.

That's not stupid.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They should ask that bee what it identifies as, it could be it identifies a turtle.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
California is usually on the crazy train, but I understand why they did this.

Bees have been dying off at an alarming rate. California grows produce year round, and supplies much of the country with things from tomatoes, nuts, fruits, avocados and other essential foods.

If bees die out, so do we. Really a shame that we have to find loop holes to protect our agricultural security... Especially with the growing threats geopolitically.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I mean, it's a stretch. But what is really head scratching is why they had to resort to this to protect bees.

That was my thought.

Why can't they just say bees are protected?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Are you willfully ignoring what this classification is truly about ?

Literally taken from the source you linked this classification is just leveraging a loophole get protection from specific agricultural practices that are detrimental to bees.

To get bumble bees protections from agricultural practices, judges determined that bees could actually be considered fish.

Also taken from your own source this same loophole has been used in the past to get the same type of protection.

The Trinity bristle snail, a land-dwelling snail that was classified as a fish in order to make it onto the threatened species list in 1980, set the precedent for deciding that a fish doesn’t have to be something that swims—and by that logic, bees, too, are fish.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Bumblebee Tuna stock price....so hawt right now!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But we do have to do everything we can to save the bees.

Yes, we do and we know how it will play out. Millions of $ to build Operation Central, hire someone relate to Pelosi and Newsome as CEO, conduct a multi-million $ argument- er strategy session with at least half a dozen 'experts', and conclude more people need to plant bee-attracting flowers.

I don't have a lot of faith in any efforts made by California; their funds for programs never seem to trickle down to where they can actually have an effect.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

So bees are snails.

That cleared things right up, thankya!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

We all know bees aren't fish. And we all know Biden is one of the worst presidents ever.

But what really bugs me (pun intended) is how everything has to be partisan politics. Put Biden aside, put California aside. This has nothing to do with either of them. This is about bees, food, and ultimately life.

There will be plenty of topics to rant about the left, commufornia, and Biden. But those things have nothing to do with this.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Are you willfully ignoring what this classification is truly about ?

Literally taken from the source you linked this classification is just leveraging a loophole get protection from specific agricultural practices that are detrimental to bees.

Also taken from your own source this same loophole has been used in the past to get the same type of protection.

The Trinity bristle snail, a land-dwelling snail that was classified as a fish in order to make it onto the threatened species list in 1980, set the precedent for deciding that a fish doesn’t have to be something that swims—and by that logic, bees, too, are fish.

No, I'm not ignoring it; I'm focusing on the humor. Being able to tell it like it is was once a thing, but decades of hiring lawyers to represent us has created laws and loopholes even they can't understand anymore.

I know! Instead of fixing the issue, lets add another layer of convoluted mumbo-jumbo so making progress requires tons more attempts, time and taxpayer funds to get common sense legislation passed.

That keeps a lot of people gainfully employed who would otherwise have to get a real job.

We can laugh, or we can cry.....but we can't seem to fix government stupid.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This definitely got to be those Humboldt County bees!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What's for dinner tonight? Blackened Bumble bee fillets, mmm small, but tasty.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

No sir, I don't have a fishing license. I didn't realize there is a fishing license for bee's.
edit on 6/3/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Bumblebee Goby.

Kinda.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This headline is really misleading.

The ruling was only trying to decide if bees qualify for protection under current California protection laws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join