It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees Are Fish, California Court Rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Liberal idiots in our courts this days, they rules with stupidity because they can, America is looking really great this days.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This is one of the least dumb things they have done. And while they've set a low bar for that, there is no shortage of foolery in this country.

Still many refuse to examine an issue and come to their own conclusions. Instead, they look at the dynamics or who did what and play contrarian like it's a sport.

We're a nation of sheeple.

People do it in this thread, and the people who they're doing it against did the same under orange man.

It's embarrassing. Its bees... Not guns, not abortion, not foreign policy, it's bees, something as vital as the seeds we put in the ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nugget1

I think this is stupid.

California is stupid.

The judge is stupid.

The people are stupid.

But we do have to do everything we can to save the bees.

That's not stupid.

I agree.
So why not just say "protect BEES". The end.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Bees have been dying off at an alarming rate. California grows produce year round, and supplies much of the country with things from tomatoes, nuts, fruits, avocados and other essential foods.

I agree. The PNW has been in a prolonged drought for years and it's so severe an estimated 350,000 acres of farmland will be fallow this year.
Meanwhile, fracking is set to be banned in 2024! Nestles has been bottling millions of gallons of water in drought-ridden California for years, and they've kept over-pumping the aquifers.

The people we hire to represent us should never wait until a crisis is nearing its final stage to take action, yet they do. If there is no water, there will be no bees and no farms in California feeding us.

People are being asked to water their lawns once a week, and only wash their cars once a month- it's that bad. Disney still uses tons of water for their many rides and attractions, like Splash Mountain. The Bellagio fountains in Los Vegas still put on shows from 3PM to midnight each day.

I grew up and live in the PNW. I've been watching this train wreck for decades, and it hasn't been by accident. It has, and still is happening because of greed.

Bottom line, it's about the money. Our water, our bees- and ultimately us- are being sacrificed for the well-connected to enrich themselves. When the resources are gone, they can just move on, leaving the carnage behind.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to dealing with the sucky-azz tragedy state our world is in by finding some senseless humor in the situation so I don't end up wallowing in despair.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So does this mean Bees can compete against Fish on level terms in the Olympic pool events, albeit Bees would fly and not swim?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
This definitely got to be those Humboldt County bees!!!

I think Gavin is jealous because Inslee is getting all the attention in Washington state with the Asian Giant Hornet crisis. Now THAT's the real crisis! If those things get established, you can color the honey bees gone- along with a host of other critters, including people!

They already caught their first one this year on May 25; trapping began July 1st. They are a far bigger threat to honey bees than pesticide use, sad to say.

Doxanoxa
So does this mean Bees can compete against Fish on level terms in the Olympic pool events, albeit Bees would fly and not swim?

They would be in the Flying Fish category, I think.

edit on 500000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: ETA

edit on 500000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

Correction: AGH has not been officially confirmed yet according to last press briefing 5/24.
edit on 500000066America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: Correction

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Still many refuse to examine an issue and come to their own conclusions. Instead, they look at the dynamics or who did what and play contrarian like it's a sport.

The bees are at the end of the line as far as destroying our environment goes. People noticed when they started disappearing, but that is a direct result of decades of planetary abuse.

Cries went out from researchers and scientists years ago, but Big Business won. Voices were silenced by Monsanto Syngenta, etc. Every time public outcry finally got an environmentally harmful chemical banned, another was waiting in the wings to take its place.

There are researchers who say their studies show GMO's are harmful to bees, butterflies and birds- but, of course, Monsanto has done extensive research showing 'their is no evidence to support those claims'.

Sound familiar? And round and round we go. Rinse, repeat.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Are you willfully ignoring what this classification is truly about ?

Literally taken from the source you linked this classification is just leveraging a loophole get protection from specific agricultural practices that are detrimental to bees.

To get bumble bees protections from agricultural practices, judges determined that bees could actually be considered fish.

Also taken from your own source this same loophole has been used in the past to get the same type of protection.

The Trinity bristle snail, a land-dwelling snail that was classified as a fish in order to make it onto the threatened species list in 1980, set the precedent for deciding that a fish doesn’t have to be something that swims—and by that logic, bees, too, are fish.

We can read...well, most of us...and it's still stupid.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is the same logic as a Punch cartoon from 1869 (which I happen to find on my bookshelves).
Railway porter to passenger;
"Station Master say, Mum, as Cats is "Dogs" and Rabbits is "Dogs" and so's Parrots; But thie 'ere Tortis ia a "Insect", so there ain't no charge for it!"

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What the heck?

How do you know that bee doesn't associate as a fish?

This really shouldn't be shocking in the world we are currently living in. I'm expecting the democrats to push for a mandatory brawndo virus anytime now.
edit on 17630America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2022 18:17:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

They're the Canary in the coal mine.

As you pointed out there are many factors leading to their demise in California... But it is a world wide issue.

While it's just speculation at this phase, I think the biggest cause seems to be aspects of factory farming. Mainly some of the pretreated seeds with a kind of genetic pesticide, and also some of the big player pesticides.

France's beekeepers went on strike and got widespread use of Monsanto products they believes were causing it to be regulated or banned.

There are ways to protect the bees without changing too much of industrial farming practices. Most of the bees are brought in during pollenation. The key thing is not using any chemical treatments in the area during this process.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 3-6-2022 by CriticalStinker because: Nevermind

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
While I think it’s ridiculous for California to say bees are fish, maybe that’s a twisted way to protect bees better. Here’s the thing with our honeybees and bumblebees. They pollinate many things. Without bees, the entire planet is screwed. Millions of bees have died and it’s scary what will happen if they all wind up extinct.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Bees have been dying off at an alarming rate.

Yeah, no, like 'man-made' climate change, that is just fake news...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have an AR-15 for…the halibut.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This type of legalist bull# is exactly why our country is collapsing.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: opethPA
Are you willfully ignoring what this classification is truly about ?

Literally taken from the source you linked this classification is just leveraging a loophole get protection from specific agricultural practices that are detrimental to bees.

To get bumble bees protections from agricultural practices, judges determined that bees could actually be considered fish.

Also taken from your own source this same loophole has been used in the past to get the same type of protection.

The Trinity bristle snail, a land-dwelling snail that was classified as a fish in order to make it onto the threatened species list in 1980, set the precedent for deciding that a fish doesn’t have to be something that swims—and by that logic, bees, too, are fish.

We can read...well, most of us...and it's still stupid.

Taken in a vacuum it is stupid.
Since life doesn't exist in a vacuum if this achieves the target goal then I don't care how stupid it is.

The reality of it is that since this loophole has existed for over 20 years and has been exploited before I don't see some big push to close it out.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This headline is really misleading.

The ruling was only trying to decide if bees qualify for protection under current California protection laws.

In the dumbest way possible, apparently.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This headline is really misleading.

The ruling was only trying to decide if bees qualify for protection under current California protection laws.

In the dumbest way possible, apparently.

Yeah, well it’s California. That pretty much says it all. But as I stated before, if bees become extinct, so do humans.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Bees have been dying off at an alarming rate.

Yeah, no, like 'man-made' climate change, that is just fake news...

Oh man.... Didn't know that science20.com blew open the truth.

Never mind everyone. Bees are fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join