It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Invasion Ever !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: trog42x601

Yes Ukraine is being invaded . It’s a bloody big country . Probably many rural areas are unaware of the current situation .
Why would you take out the infrastructure when you want to take over a country . It s an own goal as it’ll be your responsibility to get it repaired .

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Yes Ukraine is being invaded . It’s a bloody big country . Probably many rural areas are unaware of the current situation .
Why would you take out the infrastructure when you want to take over a country . It s an own goal as it’ll be your responsibility to get it repaired .

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't think you would want to take out the entire grid, just a junction point. Besides, I would think the Russians would be capable of taking out a SCADA box with a cyber attack. Here's a question.... since there appears to be generally agreement that Putin isn't destroying the entire country... Why does USA media make it seem as this is what is happening?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here's a perspective on what is actually going on from a guy living in Kyiv.

edit on 28-2-2022 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide
Thanks for posting that video.

It explains why not just the opening poster, trog42x601, but also many "talking heads" in the US and UK simply don't get what's going on. As I replied in the third post of this thread, the Russian strategy is one of patience, rather than destruction. For those who don't have time to watch the video, that's more or less what the man living in Ukraine says. He said when the Russians advance, if they meet some resistance, they back up, then surround the city. Then, they just need to be patient. (with the city surrounded, they will not be able to re-supply the military with more munitions etc because the re-supply routes are blocked).

He points out that the American invasion strategy is usually to destroy everything, then rebuilding is necessary, which is very wasteful.

If any of you have ever played the "Civilization IV" or higher games, you may recall that when you attack a city, if you're the larger power (like Russia is), eventually you're given a choice to either raze the city or capture it. If you raze the city, the infrastructure is destroyed, the city's production stops, and it takes years to rebuild. If you capture the city, you don't have to rebuild it from scratch and the city can quickly resume production without taking so long to rebuild it. My point is these two different strategies are so basic, both options are built into a video game, and Russia is just taking the capture option instead of the raze option. The capture option has many advantages, if you can pull it off, and Putin thinks it will work in Ukraine apparently.

Another point mentioned in the video is that many of the Russian and Ukranian military commanders went to military school together decades ago, so he thinks they don't really want to kill each other, and that both military sides will want to minimize casualties. He says it's the Ukranian president who is trying to get civilians involved by handing out 10,000 AK-47's and ammo, but if the civilians had remained unarmed the Russians would just let them continue to live their lives as they have no desire to kill civilians and make enemies of them, since they want to occupy the country.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide
What a briliant video. I would flag you but I don't know how.
This video should be forcibly shown on ALL western TV channels at prime times. Once again brilliant.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The "invasion" may be accomplishing a great deal, depending on Putin's goal.

Do we know FOR SURE what that is yet?

(Unless he has shared it, all else are guesses.)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
NBC says the Ukraine officials told them (all news media) to stop showing video of the horizon from their hotel balconies.

Tells the enemy how successful/unsuccessful their invasion is going. ie. "According the media feeds, it looks like you did not completely bring down the radio tower, Igor. Hit it again!"

edit on 2/28/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Crisis actors suck ass, if any of them actually were getitng shot at they'd crap themselves and fall dead away in a faint.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He has shared it, or at least he claims to have shared it, hasn't he?

But that doesn't mean what he shared can be trusted. He also shared that the troops at the border were only doing exercises, which we already knew couldn't be trusted.

Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine

While Vladimir Putin has claimed that his goal is keeping Ukraine out of NATO, he also insisted that he was just conducting military exercises. Instead, he is invading Ukraine again. He likewise insisted in 2014 that he wasn’t capturing Crimea, despite the presence of his unidentified “Little Green Men” and his subsequent annexation of the peninsula, or that he was not fighting in Ukraine’s Donbas area in the east all these years, despite all evidence to the contrary. There is no reason to take Putin at his word.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

According to some Russian media the reason is this:

'Russia is restoring its historical fullness, gathering the Russian world, the Russian people together - in its entirety of Great Russians, Belarusians and Little Russians. If we had abandoned this, if we had allowed the temporary division to take hold for centuries, then we would not only betray the memory of our ancestors, but would also be cursed by our descendants for allowing the disintegration of the Russian land.

Vladimir Putin took upon himself - without a drop of exaggeration - historical responsibility, deciding not to leave the solution of the Ukrainian question to future generations. After all, the need to solve it would always remain the main problem for Russia - for two key reasons. And the issue of national security, that is, the creation of anti-Russia from Ukraine and an outpost for the West to put pressure on us, is only the second most important among them.'

Source posted in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

People from other countries will not understand this as they are not being shaped into fanatics since their birth.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Determined it's the worst invasion ever within the 1st week?

The propaganda that russia is losing and that all Ukrainians should fight is a dangerous message.

In reality if no other country helps Ukraine, they dont have a chance

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Didn't russia own Chernobyl and surrounding land for a long time?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

wont allow me to embed images, so heres the link
edit on 28-2-2022 by canuckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hard to determine exactly what's really going on yet. I certainly don't know what to believe on the television. People calmly doing interviews with newscasters, smiling and having fun in pictures, etc. Live feeds that show night and day feeds, some sounding like they're on loops and other such things, videos claiming to be current but are from 2021 training vids, etc.. I know one thing, if we were being invaded, I wouldn't have a single desire to interview with someone or smile and laugh, especially if I was going to be in battle at any given second. It all seems off kilter to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
If you were going to invade a country wouldn't you do the following:

Strategically take out the power grid
Shut down communications/ cell phones
Take out the internet
Shut down roads

So, my VPN just connected to a Ukraine server without issue
People are clearly using their cell phones as they are posting on WAZE about potholes and road conditions as of a few minutes ago when I looked
The power grid and water services are all still operational
Oh, I just looked. I can still order Chinese food in Kiev and have it delivered

And here's a question: Why did the Russians secure Chernobyl? Since they have left the power on, they could have just bypassed the plant. The Ukrainians weren't going to destroy the plant.... so who the hell are the Russians protecting the plant from?

Like I said, worst invasion ever.

Because so many Ukrainians are historically and ethnically Russian, and obliterating infrastructure in modern times is a uniquely American strategy. My guess is Putin sees this as a war against Globalization not against Ukraine. Even getting booted from SWIFT weakens the petrodollar and US reserve currency status. Second order effects are a b*tch.

Two possibilities: either he is sending a message that he can go toe to toe with the globalists with their color revolutions and Euromaiden overthrow of democratically elected officials using what he learned about Schwab from his time studying with the World Economic Forum, or he's a Manchurian candidate who has had super good opsec for 22 years, which actually is not unprecedented within the KGB.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
For s**ts and giggles, I decided to connect to VPN in Ukraine and look for food downtown. I could have easily ordered takeout within minutes.

If this were going badly for Russia, they would have killed communications to the rest of the world in hours. I believe the guy in the video is absolutely right...Putin doesn't want to invade and destroy, he wants to take it with minimal destruction.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thankyou for providing a written summary of the video. The "patience" being displayed by the Russia military does not make for riveting TV footage and headlines.

That explains why there's so much made-up B.S. coming out of the news media. It's like each network is writing their own Russia vs Ukraine soap opera.

Sunday, CNN had Zelensky saying he'd give Putin 24 hours, to come to the bargaining table, or else....
. It's now 30 hours later.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Didn't russia own Chernobyl and surrounding land for a long time?

Yes...and I never knew they stopped owning that section of land. There's a lot of changes occurring in the world we don't know about until "something happens"....like Russia invading Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
If you were going to invade a country wouldn't you do the following:

Strategically take out the power grid
Shut down communications/ cell phones
Take out the internet
Shut down roads

So, my VPN just connected to a Ukraine server without issue
People are clearly using their cell phones as they are posting on WAZE about potholes and road conditions as of a few minutes ago when I looked
The power grid and water services are all still operational
Oh, I just looked. I can still order Chinese food in Kiev and have it delivered

And here's a question: Why did the Russians secure Chernobyl? Since they have left the power on, they could have just bypassed the plant. The Ukrainians weren't going to destroy the plant.... so who the hell are the Russians protecting the plant from?

Like I said, worst invasion ever.

They're invading to extract as much data and info as possible. Take control of operations.

All the countries using Ukraine's laundering process want people to turn off all the power and destroy anything and everything.

You think they're invading for dirt? Like the barbaric Mongols razing the country to the ground?

This is 2022 a.d. not 202 b.c.
edit on 1-3-2022 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join