It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Invasion Ever !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trog42x601

My guess is they're operating on false intel. Plus I read they got logistics issues with fuel and food, which either shows they really thought people would welcome them with open arms or sabotage.
It's hard to tell.

a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah no if that'd be true he'd have taken the two eastern separatist provinces and paused there.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Russian troops have zero motivation to attack Ukraine and the Ukrainians are fighting for their homes. Momentum and willpower are more important than the size of the invading force. Also, isn’t this kind of like the U.S. attacking Canada? It would feel wrong to attack people with the same language, similar culture and values.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Reports are things are not going well for the Russian Troops and by all accounts this should be good news right ?

Yes.
Russia thought that if they went in big the Ukrainian forces would melt away and the people of Ukraine would be out in the streets holding flowers and welcoming their liberators , as it is they underestimated the will and skill of the Ukrainian army and civilians are preparing to greet the Russian forces with guns and Molotov Cocktails.

Now Germany have said today they too will supply Ukraine with arms to help their fight after only supplying aid , Putin has seriously misjudged this situation and as the body bags start arriving home will suffer the consequences.

edit on 26-2-2022 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well the worst ever was Barbarossa. Where another monster did an invasion, supremely confident of an easy win.

Let's say the Ukrainians (either alone or with help) prevail and kick the Russians out. Then what? What's the endgame? Any incursion onto Russian soil is likely to go nuclear. And Putin is likely to go cornered rat, his gamble lost, and doubt he'll accept any terms or turn himself over.

Having trouble seeing any good way out of this.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Then what? What's the endgame?

It would be the beginning of the end for Putin.
This would be (is) a failure on a massive scale , Putin rolled the dice and got Snake Eyes.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Reports are things are not going well for the Russian Troops and by all accounts this should be good news right ?

Just my opinion, but I think most of the reports we are hearing is propaganda. We don't have a clue what the reality is because we aren't there, and a few video clips doesn't give us the whole picture.

I 100% agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Unless we're looking at this from a western media frenzied lense....

Why, oh why, are you people listening to the media NOW!? What the absolute heck are you thinking!?

It makes sense as Putins aim wasn't to kill civilians or cripple their infrastructure, it was to remove Zalensky (a Mccain and Obama stooge) and reduce the presence of a new dictatorship, and far right movement, including REAL Nazi's.

Then it makes sense that this 'invasion' is botched. Was no one at all listening to what Putin was saying, and warning about? No one at all? I do NOT like Putin or what he's doing, but the narrative being spoon-fed by the western media is, as always, absurd and pathetic. Its historical revisionism at its finest.

Zakensky is a tyrant. His government was tyrannical and just because they have Klitcho as a mayor, does not a good country make!

I'm tired of the BuT 70% ElEcTeD HiM.... He was elected because of a very REAL insurrection (you know like the left calls Jan 6th)..... And he has since done absolutely nothing for the Ukraine, nothing at all other than jail his opponents.

The IMF even offered him a loan! That's trustworthy! Right!

It's always, always, always the same cabal of top players supporting these puppet regimes.

Stop. . . . . Listening. . . . .to. . . . .the. . . . .media!

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Zakensky is a tyrant.

And so is Putin.

So which of those two tyrants would you prefer to come out of this the better ?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It appears to me Putin is an idiot. The west and the next US President will be harsh on Putin and Russia if he is still in power and China will likely get hit with massive sanctions too if they continue aiding and abetting the war or past crimes when we get a real leader back in power here in the US.

Good luck to all the Ukrainians fighting to keep control of their country. Hopefully current leaders can make Russia back off by making it extremely costly for Russia to keep fighting. The west needs a war effort to either eliminate Russian funds from oil gas and other resources by drastically reducing prices with energy companies and spending to do a price war with oil and gas prices. A war like effort especially involving US energy policy and hopefully Saudi Arabia and others to drastically cut oil and gas prices would help with inflation while also cutting funds for Russia. Sanctions are not enough. Russia may feel like it has all the time it needs without major changes. The war can go slowly and Ukraine could lose and be taken over. Then China will learn Taiwan is a possibility. Russia may think about annexing more areas.

Russia has huge resources so even a slow start may make Putin feel successful if he gains whatever he was seeking after a while. At one time I thought Russia became a democracy in the last 15 or 20 years and that NATO was going to become obsolete or that Russia could even join NATO in the event that China launches a world war.
Slow starts don’t matter in the long run.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Just my opinion, but I think most of the reports we are hearing is propaganda. We don't have a clue what the reality is because we aren't there, and a few video clips doesn't give us the whole picture.

here is a decent place, so far most everything on this map has been independently reported.

liveuamap.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It makes sense as Putins aim wasn't to kill civilians or cripple their infrastructure, it was to remove Zalensky (a Mccain and Obama stooge) and reduce the presence of a new dictatorship, and far right movement, including REAL Nazi's.

Starting a war with 200,000 troops, missiles, tanks are going to hurt civilians.

So, a Jewish president has a NAZI government?

I don't think so.

Children are dying, getting blown up and you defend Putin and this slaughter.

edit on 26-2-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That view speaks volumes of your own propaganda intake.
Zelensky (that's how one writes his name) is from a Jewish family to call him Nazi is outrageously stupid.
He was voted to fight oligarchs and corruption, sure he might have centered a lot of power upon himself, but what's he supposed to do given the circumstances?
He was very popular as comedian and the 70% are plausible. People like the 'stick it to the rich' outsiders.
You're full of # yourself so pot... kettle

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What in the Adam Schiff is Putin thinking?

If this is true...
In the northeast town of Glukhov, near the Russian border, a “column” of T-72 tanks was destroyed by U.S.-supplied Javelin antitank missiles, according to a Ukrainian government statement on social media showing Russian tanks on fire.

There are videos showing columns of Russian trucks and tanks marked with "Z"... they were all lined up moving on a road in Ukraine. That would have been a turkey shoot if Ukraine had aircraft using cluster bombs...

But it seems those Javelin missiles are just as effective... if true, Putin's military isn't too savvy.

Maybe Putin doesn't remember the Highway of Death.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Everyone is assuming that all the money spent on training and equipping the russian military went to the stated purpose.

For years we have heard about corruption issues, so is it really hard to think a good bit of that money went into someones pocket, and to maintain their place or to not get hurt people always reported everything is good fine and ready, even in the US we have upper leadership reporting everything is great even when its not.

That would lead to poor morale, poor leadership, and poor action by the actual ground troops that didnt get the training and equipment they needed.

Add in a significant portion of the populace that appears to prefer death to rejoining the reforged soviet union, you run into problems.

I still think that russia eventually wins they haven't committed all of the pre staged combat troops yet, but its going to be a mess.
edit on 26-2-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I have the feeling things are not what it seems, with Ukraine and Russia, something does not add up in my views.

Just a gut feeling.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
You don't think it's odd that you can still get Chinese food delivered DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that people are still posting on WAZE about potholes around Kiev DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the Russians, not the Ukrainians are protecting Chernobyl DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the internet is full operational DURING AN INVASION?

BTW, I didn't say the Russians weren't there, I am questioning why they are there.

a reply to: UpThenDown

here's a theory: neo-nazis wanted to build a dirty bomb, or perhaps already have one, and that's why russians secured chernobyl.

as for the infrastructure, sure. lets kill the grid, lets kill the supplies, then civilian population will be hurt the most and when the west shows in the news a footage from some game claiming that putin nuked ukraine, you'll have absolutely no way to verify it. as it is, at least people are posting stuff on social media, and that's a good thing.

what we can see actually proves that putin tries to wage this war in the most humane way possible. it's not without f..kups, some civilians were hurt, some buildings destroyed, but what you're proposing would be far, far worse.
edit on 26/2/2022 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That view speaks volumes of your own propaganda intake.
Zelensky (that's how one writes his name) is from a Jewish family to call him Nazi is outrageously stupid.
He was voted to fight oligarchs and corruption, sure he might have centered a lot of power upon himself, but what's he supposed to do given the circumstances?
He was very popular as comedian and the 70% are plausible. People like the 'stick it to the rich' outsiders.
You're full of # yourself so pot... kettle

yeah, because jews weren't selling other jews to the nazis during WWII.

wake the f..k up.

there are tens of thousands of nazis in ukraine, judging by the pro-bandera celebrations alone. there's azov battalion, amongst others. what did this glorious jewish president do to get rid of them? he's a goddamn western puppet, nothing more. they knew what they were doing when they hired an actor.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I don't think the Russians have been able to establish air superiority over Ukraine yet.

I agree, and I find that puzzling especially since Russia attempted to take out ground based radars on the first night. I think the US and NATO are secretly helping the Ukranians--probably with AWACS to detect the aircraft coming from Russia before they ever get to Ukraine air space.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
You don't think it's odd that you can still get Chinese food delivered DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that people are still posting on WAZE about potholes around Kiev DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the Russians, not the Ukrainians are protecting Chernobyl DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the internet is full operational DURING AN INVASION?

BTW, I didn't say the Russians weren't there, I am questioning why they are there.

a reply to: UpThenDown

I think your a #ing Russian animal ... # off

edit on Sat, 26 Feb 2022 13:57:21 -0600571America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because they are only after the corrupt government, most of the people have friends and family in Russia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join