It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Invasion Ever !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you were going to invade a country wouldn't you do the following:

Strategically take out the power grid
Shut down communications/ cell phones
Take out the internet
Shut down roads

So, my VPN just connected to a Ukraine server without issue
People are clearly using their cell phones as they are posting on WAZE about potholes and road conditions as of a few minutes ago when I looked
The power grid and water services are all still operational
Oh, I just looked. I can still order Chinese food in Kiev and have it delivered

And here's a question: Why did the Russians secure Chernobyl? Since they have left the power on, they could have just bypassed the plant. The Ukrainians weren't going to destroy the plant.... so who the hell are the Russians protecting the plant from?

Like I said, worst invasion ever.

edit on 26-2-2022 by trog42x601 because: more info

edit on 26-2-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trog42x601

And here's a question: Why did the Russians secure Chernobyl?

Because that's the shortest route between Belarus where Russian troops were stationed and Kyiv.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The war began in 2014 so Putin is taking his time.
Maybe he figures if he takes small enough steps and invades slowly enough, nobody will stop him, which is what happened when he annexed Crimea.

Russo-Ukrainian War

The Russo-Ukrainian War... is an ongoing war primarily involving Russia, Belarus, and pro-Russian forces on one side, and Ukraine on the other. Armed conflict began in February 2014 in the wake of Euromaidan, centred on the status of Crimea and parts of the Donbas, which are internationally recognised as part of Ukraine.

So maybe his strategy is to not do what you said which might trigger a larger international response, but to creep in gradually in a slow invasion? Since the invasion really started in 2014, it seems like a slow invasion to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I wonder if families who have lost loved ones to death agree with your assessment?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Okay, so they were driving by on the way to Kiev. My questions still stands, if they were going to leave the power grid intact, why secure the plant? The Ukrainians weren't going to destroy the plant, so who is Putin protecting the plant from?

a reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They obviously secured Chernobyl to avoid any nuclear accidents that might annihilate their own troops.

Maybe Putin doesn’t want to totally destroy the country he claims belongs to him since he will be the one paying for its revival after this war. In his fevered brain, he thinks this is a part of Russia and these are Russians.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You don't think it's odd that you can still get Chinese food delivered DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that people are still posting on WAZE about potholes around Kiev DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the Russians, not the Ukrainians are protecting Chernobyl DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the internet is full operational DURING AN INVASION?

BTW, I didn't say the Russians weren't there, I am questioning why they are there.

a reply to: UpThenDown

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

go on then order some food, which part of Ukraine are you currently in?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The Chernobyl reactors have been shut down for many years so it isn't connected to the power grid.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
You don't think it's odd that you can still get Chinese food delivered DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that people are still posting on WAZE about potholes around Kiev DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the Russians, not the Ukrainians are protecting Chernobyl DURING AN INVASION?

You don't think it's odd that the internet is full operational DURING AN INVASION?

BTW, I didn't say the Russians weren't there, I am questioning why they are there.

a reply to: UpThenDown

Because Putin's narrative is Ukraine is full of drug addle nazis, if he destroys the infrastructure he isn't going to get the support of the Ukrainian military rising against the current government.

I believe he severely over estimated Russian support with Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The Chernobyl reactors have been shut down for many years so it isn't connected to the power grid.

Any body hear anything from the RUSSIAN WOODPECKER NUMBERS STATION?🤔

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Hmm so where are those pulsating-flashing benevolent aliens UFO's as seen all over the world when you need them? I am assuming the Russians knew that Uncle Joe would put out a call into the New World Orders aka: WEF Space Force and blow up Chernobyl then start a blitzkrieg on Russia?

edit on 26-2-2022 by Waterglass because: remove a pic

edit on 26-2-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 26-2-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Reports are things are not going well for the Russian Troops and by all accounts this should be good news right ?

I don't think that is good news at all , If Putin has truly gone all in on Ukraine and is trying to make Ukraine Russian territory again . Then we should expect Putin will become very very desperate now that he has shown his cards , don't forget the force that Russia can actually bring to bare and don't forget the Nuclear arsenal they have.

This is far from over and I suspect it will get very very nasty , this is a taste of Modern War with conventional forces .
edit on 26-2-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
If you were going to invade a country wouldn't you do the following:

Strategically take out the power grid
Shut down communications/ cell phones
Take out the internet
Shut down roads

Yo do that and then call it shock and awe...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I don't think the Russians have been able to establish air superiority over Ukraine yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

WORST INVASION EVER!

No need to SHOUT!

So many want to second guess Putin. If he wanted the utilities dead, they would be. Whatever we might think of Putin and his invasion, he is neither stupid nor senile. I would say his plans aren't what we think they are. We'll just have to wait and see if his gamble pays dividends.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If you cut off the power, you kill millions. Is that what you want. It’s winter. They’re after the government, it’s a ground war and you can’t trust cnn and the lying west.

The people are scared in the Ukraine, the real assault on Kiev hasn’t started.

If it was a us invasion, they’ll bomb Kiev to rubble, send in the marines to clean up.

Biden left them to dry because that snake made a deal with Putin to cover his crimes in the Ukraine, in exchange for a n new puppet.

link   
" Why did the Russians secure Chernobyl?"

mabye they found out some thing has been
found they thought was destroid?

Maybe they are using it to train troops.
it IS a easy fight.

that is what US does !
All the money they make selling wepons.

link   

My questions still stands, if they were going to leave the power grid intact, why secure the plant?

Strategic advantage , the plant no longer supplies power.
They would have to secure the route through the Zone and Prypyat and Chernobyl are on the route to the main highway.
edit on 26-2-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Reports are things are not going well for the Russian Troops and by all accounts this should be good news right ?

Just my opinion, but I think most of the reports we are hearing is propaganda. We don't have a clue what the reality is because we aren't there, and a few video clips doesn't give us the whole picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join