It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of an Ancient Advanced civilization that spanned the Globe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Sorry, but that is incorrect.

There are some stone constructions that even with today's technology we simply can not duplicate - no mortar required. There are precisely cut and placed stones that came from distant quarries that we could not move or place today regardless of how many cranes and vehicles we used. And we are supposed to believe that some ancient civilization did it with manual labor, animals, levers, wood logs to roll on and crude copper or stone tools? Sorry. Not a chance in hell.

These megaliths are so huge that a modern cutting tool would change its own profile so much in the cutting process that opposite ends of the stone would never be identical. Even CNC programming will not predict and adjust for tool wear mid-cut in any consistent manner. Tools leave marks. Many of these megaliths do not show obvious machining marks. That would be next to impossible with crude stone or copper tools that rely on repetitive impact to shape or remove stone.

I could create a long list of specific conditions that could never be met, even with todays technology. It is easier to say look at real world - perfect world conditions in GD&T. Then understand that ancient civilizations somehow came closer to perfect world geometry than we ever could, even with modern technology.
edit on 10-2-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think jim has been watching this DOCU
That still is from this.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

According to the elitist Obama there is no mystery behind the pyramids or Egypt this was all done by humans..

Sure..

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

One very large block moved by one man. Imagine what a team of people working together could accomplish and the large megalithic blocks don't seem too out there.

The Non-Mystery of Puma Punku

Some excerpts, my emphasis in italics.

Petrographic and chemical analyses are relatively trivial to carry out, and even allowed us to determine exactly where the rocks were quarried. Puma Punku's large blocks are a common red sandstone that was quarried about 10 kilometers away. Many of the smaller stones, including the most ornamental and some of the facing stones, are of igneous andesite and came from a quarry on the shore of Lake Titicaca, about 90 kilometers away. These smaller stones may have been brought across the lake by reed boat, then dragged overland the remaining 10 kilometers.

That's really not too far to quarry rocks, even in ancient times. Larger rocks were moved farther in other cultures.

Much is often made of the vast size and weight of the Puma Punku stones... Puma Punku does indeed contain the largest single stone found at any of the Tiwanaku sites, and it's part of its Plataforma Lítica, or stone platform. The accepted estimate of this piece of red sandstone's weight is 131 metric tons, equal to 144 US tons. The second largest block is only 85 metric tons, and the rest go down sharply from there.

See my above statement about the video of the methods used to move such rocks.

The Greek Parthenon, for example, was built a thousand years before Puma Punku, and yet nobody invokes aliens as the only explanation for its great beauty and decorative detailing that more than rivals Puma Punku's angles and cuts. At about the same time, the Persians constructed Persepolis with its superlative Palace of Darius, featuring details that are highly comparable to Puma Punku. Stonemasons in India cut the Udayagiri Caves with megalithic doorways that are very similar to those in Puma Punku. The Tiwanaku did magnificent work, but by no means was it inexplicably superior to what can be found throughout the ancient world. It is unnecessary to invoke aliens to explain the structures.

There are older, more intricate, and complex structures around the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
There are some stone constructions that even with today's technology we simply can not duplicate - no mortar required.

Examples would be nice. Do you have any?

Tools leave marks. Many of these megaliths do not show obvious machining marks. That would be next to impossible with crude stone or copper tools that rely on repetitive impact to shape or remove stone.

See my first post about the fineness of flint and stone cutting implements. Also, weathering very well would remove marks over thousands of years.

I could create a long list of specific conditions that could never be met, even with todays technology.

I will eagerly await it.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well heres another interesting video from the same guy as the op... seems he has a lot of good stuff

Anyways, apparently someone tried to duplicate moving just one of the blocks the "incas" apparently moved (probably not)

Ended up killing 3000 men... and whoever put these blocks there managed to get them from the top of one mountain, across a river and a valley... and up another

In any case im not here to debate... just puttin this stuff out there for viewing pleasure

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Check out the Barabar caves in India as well. The precision is astounding.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

edit on 10-2-2022 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Btw... i would LOVE to see flint cut granite

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Klassified

According to the elitist Obama there is no mystery behind the pyramids or Egypt this was all done by humans..

Sure..

It's Obama. His history is likely no better than his politics.

As to who built the megalithic structures across the planet, I have no problem believing humans built them. We just don't know a lot about how they did it. There's a lot more than the pyramids to consider.
edit on 2/10/2022 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You can find just as many as I can if you want to...
link

You will be waiting a long time...

It is easier to say look at real world - perfect world conditions in GD&T. Then understand that ancient civilizations somehow came closer to perfect world geometry than we ever could, even with modern technology.

Yes, your first post about flint and stone tools...
Here is just the first problem with that: MOH harness of Diorite is 6-7. MOH hardness of flint is 6-7. They would do equal damage to each other. Not to mention that flint is considerably more brittle than diorite and would likely splinter, especially if shaped into a cutting edge.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy I concur. The Egyptian hieroglyphs show various people in various sizes. Many will say it shows the importance of the kings and officials as opposed to the smaller servants and common people. I wonder if they were actually drawn to scale. Some of the temples steps and doorways fit the gigantic size of someone humungous.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Gonna borrow that Harte. I may need to use in a different context sometime.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Burden of proof lies with the one making the claim. I'm not doing your work for you. I look forward to your "long list of specific conditions that could never be met, even with todays technology."

I'll cut you a break though, just give me a handful and we'll call it good.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A most enjoyable thread! My favorite subject since I was a kid. I've spent 7+ decades wondering about our mysterious history.

The Bible says in Ecclesiastics 1:9 "What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun." I was told not to take that literally, but whatever. lol

The Hopi legend says there were three worlds before the one we now live in, and they were all destroyed.

I heard mention of 'the lost city of Atlantis, and discovered a lot of information to think about in the writings of Edgar Cayce.

A 500,000 year old geode was found in 1961 in California, and when cut open revealed a sparkplug.

Archeologists have found remains of people who had- and survived- brain surgery- some date back 5,000 years.

Forged axe heads, lead pots and cogged wheels thousands of years old have been found embedded in coal.

My latest discovery was the book 'The Adam And Eve Story' by Chan Thomas. It's out of print, but available as a PDF- for free. It talks about 'the flood' as being a world-wide cataclysmic event that nearly wiped out the human race. Well worth a read if you like to consider different scenarios on how past civilizations achieved such great things, yet all knowledge was lost. Like the Hopi legend, Chan believed a great deluge happened more than once, and goes into detail on how it may have occurred.

I do think knowledge of our ancient past is deliberately being withheld. There has been evidence of giants in America, and the Smithsonian has destroyed evidence and has been covering it up since the 1900's. Link:
worldnewsdailyre... port.com/smithsonian-admits-to-destruction-of-thousands-of-giant-human-skeletons-in-early-1900s/

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Perhaps a meteor strike affected gravity to some level and these great walls were built for protection
would account for the loss of tech, ease and scale of construction.
An impact from a strike could have the force to alter the physics of the planet, who knows, even open other dimensions.
If it defies logic,maybe we should not be using it as our guide.
edit on amFridayFriday21200000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I watched a documentary about the pyramids and it seemed the most plausible and believable explanation as to how the pyramids were constructed along with many other monuments worldwide.

The pyramids were constructed by casting molten stone. The stone was molten with huge lenses using a simple mould, in place. I think one of the problems we have is we overthink things in our own terms of technology. There was no heavy lifting, no great feats of strength or "magic". I could link it but you can find it on youtube and also a few demos of people melting stone using lenses, lasers and the like.

Oh, and the people that built the pyramids weren't Egyptian, they were Ethiopian, hence the very African-looking faces with large noses, some of which have been broken off some monuments. After watching I was gob-smacked to say the least as the explanation is so wonderfully simple and believable that it's simply awesome. I know, right?

ETA The Ethiopians sailed round the world using their tech leaving behind the things we find today. No magic, no aliens, no mystery. Isn't life strange?
I doubt it was a free service they were providing as men have sailed the globe in search of fame and fortune for thousands of years. A viking discovered America long before Europeans ever set foot there but Ethiopians probably beat him to it. YMMV.
edit on 11/2/22 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Perhaps they all had developed some simple technology that eludes us. And we only think we are clever because their most advanced tech was mostly biodegradable?

To fit stones with that level of accuracy does sound like they were poured in place and then set like concrete. Only, clearly, they weren't a concrete mix anything like we use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join