It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's territorial demands reminiscent of Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not sure what these so called Historians of the establishment Mainstream News Outlets are suggesting. But are they really stupid or idotic to compare Putin and Putin's Russia to Nazi Germany?

Only because Russia asked for Russia's territorial demands of protecting itself?

The so called "Historian" is basically admitting that NATO is the one whose trying to invade and start a war agaisnt Russia. All this because NATO lost their point of interest Crimea.

I remember reading a few Russian blogs in English a few years back before the independence vote how NATO used send a small naval ship very close to the Island of Crimea. Did they thought that that the Russians would just allow NATO/US to do whatever it pleases near its own borders?

Crimea is no more than 18 hours long to Moscow. Like someone suggested this is nothing more than a pot meet kettle. Its ok when NATO or US goes into other countries like Syria and invade it and while leave forces near and not let the Syrian govt and its allies take the resources for their country to be rebuild.

Russia's territorial demands reminiscent of Nazi Germany
edit on 21-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is not an invasion of Syria while preventing Syrian govt forces and its allies to use the oil to rebuild provinces. I wonder if historians are ok with US/Allies had being doing in Syria?

edit on 21-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The minute they called the election I heard the war drums beating. A presidents ratings always rise when war is called, but I don't think it's Biden's presidency they're trying to save; it's the Dem. party in the midterms, with our ne POTUS being Kamal to show us how well a girl can handle bombs.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

When the US, Canada, not-so-Great-Britain, etc., invade a country, it's called exporting democracy. When anyone else not certified as a western nation supporter goes into another country, it's called terrorism and importing communism, and when any other country protects it's borders using defensive measures, it's called forward aggression. Reminds me of when I was in Africa, the only difference though between us and them was we didn't attack civilians or soft targets. Basically it's just a question of perspective, ROE and personal ethics and anyway, the bad-guys are always the other guys ;-)

ETA: Actually, now that I am thinking about it here, in the war of 1812, we captured and burned the Whitehouse down twice. I think Canada deserves to recover some lost territory and annex New York, Pennsylvania, Conneticut, Delaware, Washington DC and Maryland. Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Maine want to be part of Maritime Canada anyway, the New Hampshire State Director told me they all had more in common with Canada, except guns, but most of us likes our guns too. lol

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/21.2022 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The minute they called the election I heard the war drums beating. A presidents ratings always rise when war is called, but I don't think it's Biden's presidency they're trying to save; it's the Dem. party in the midterms, with our ne POTUS being Kamal to show us how well a girl can handle bombs.

Classified briefings point to the largest invasion of Europe since World War II, in less than 30 days. (Have there been many invasions of Europe since WWII?)

Story: www.foxnews.com...

How many of us have warned that Joe Biden's dementia and history of weakness, combine to make America only a shadow of what it recently was. Pillar of strength no more.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Russia looks at Ukraine like why should we let American politicians use Ukraine as their piggy bank full of kickbacks, money laundering, and jobs for multiple family members. When Putin and others can do the same for their Russian families, once they move back in.

Doesn't Ukraine owe Russia loads in loans?
edit on 22-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Warm Water Ports.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Russia , Russia , Russia , Marcia , Marcia , Marcia !

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Warm Water Ports.

No doubt some of it, but it's more about the money, or at least from what I have read, is a partial excuse

en.news-front.info...

At the same time, the World Bank keeps silent about debts to Russia of its former partner and now geopolitical foe, Ukraine. We are talking about Ukraine’s $3bn sovereign Eurobonds, which were placed at a coupon rate of 5% per annum on the Irish stock exchange in favour of Russia in December 2013. The maturity was two years. Kiev serviced the debt faithfully until late 2015, but then refused to do so. Ukraine unilaterally first decided it was a commercial debt and demanded that Russia restructure it. But even when the IMF acknowledged that it was still a state sovereign debt and the state had to pay it back, Ukraine started playing a different game. Kiev has decided to consider this debt political, that this money was embezzled by Yanukovich, and that the current government has nothing to do with it, and therefore is not going to pay it back. Apparently, the World Bank has sided with Ukraine on this issue because it simply “does not see” such debt.

The World Bank seems to be doing this for a reason and quite deliberately

“The fact that the World Bank “does not notice” the $3bn of Ukrainian debt to Moscow shows that it is supporting Ukraine in this issue in every way it can. In fact, by taking over the Ukrainian market, the U.S. is making it clear through the WB that it has no intention of paying its debts to the Russian side”, – says Ekaterina Novikova, associate professor of economic theory at Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

edit on nd013644 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can’t imagine that if Mexico allied with Russia, with the prospect of Russia setting up military bases just south of the boarder the US would turn a blind eye. Same goes for the English/Scottish boarder.

I think the notion of agreeing not to ‘NATO-up’ the Ukraine in the future is pretty reasonable.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Warm Water Ports.

Is that the title of your avatar pic?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
I can’t imagine that if Mexico allied with Russia, with the prospect of Russia setting up military bases just south of the boarder the US would turn a blind eye. Same goes for the English/Scottish boarder.

I think the notion of agreeing not to ‘NATO-up’ the Ukraine in the future is pretty reasonable.

The US would annex mexico to prevent that.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Our borders don't matter, why should anyone elses?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Indeed, which is exactly what Russia are threatening

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Russia's so-called demands essential come down to them wanting neutral territory between their borders and NATO's borders.

For the last 50 years the West has steadily been creating a sphere of influence that's getting closer and closer to Russia, and is now on it's borders. This is the equivalent of Russia putting nukes on Cuba, and we all know how well that turned out.

The West just can't stop poking hornet nests, can it. First Russia, then the Muslims, now Russia again.

It's amazing how quickly the West moved special forced into Ukraine, it's almost as if they'd had them on standby already.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Cuban Missile Crisis, anybody.

Yeah, I don't want another one of those.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We need strong leadership and wisdom from General Milley !!🤓

Right now isn't the time for direct non-confusing talk 🎦

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Classified briefings point to the largest invasion of Europe since World War II

By America.

Russian troops are digging in, not mobilizing. They're preparing for an attack.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've seen far too many "strong" leaders in my time. It's usually a codeword for a Hawk who absolutely cannot abide someone standing up to them, and who absolutely must go in as hard as possible at the slightest provocation. Even if they have to manufacture it themselves.

Watching this situation is like watching an episode of south park.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join