It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today Life Defends Pedophilia As "Misunderstood"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I detach myself emotionally from the issue because I am a victim myself. If I would not do that, I would cave in to my urges and say hang them all from a bridge but let them down slowly....

But I know it's wrong, I know a lot about the psychology behind these motives. I am adult enough to overcome my own bias, step up the ladder and look at the topic rational.

Funny or tragic that I am above all this and see the solution better than someone that has no experience. I kind of get the support and outrage and all that, but it doesn't help the situation.

Of course it's a deplorable, horrific act, I think I do not have to name the obvious and dabble in old waters again, for my own mental wellbeing. I am fairly stable about the topic but I know others are not and may read this.

And other posts here... just saying. I am generally not for trigger warnings but then I went through desensitizing by remembering the act again and again. Not everyone has the chance to do that or can handle it. Yes it's arguable method in therapy, but it works. Otherwhise I could not function in society with every smell, sound and occasion triggering the memories of that trauma I had locked away for the most part of my adult life.

And the rest I really agree, you basically iterate down things any sane person would agree with.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The number of high-level officials- especially in the political arena-accused of sexual abuse of a minor is staggering. They say sh#t rolls down hill.
I worked in a factory of mostly women- boring work, and women talk. One day the topic turned to sex abuse and molestation. Well over forty women, and every single one had been a victim of sex abuse in their lifetime. The overwhelming majority had been sexually abused at least once as a child. The 'official' number of estimated abuse victims is far too low.
I know men are also sexually abused, but only having one man in the department, we excluded him from the conversation.

When someone is formally charged with sexually abusing a child, their lawyer will get the case postponed as long as possible; statistics show the more time has passed from the time the offense was alleged to have been committed, the less likely a conviction. Without an eye witness, conviction becomes even less likely. If the victim was a boy, and the perpetrator a man, chances of conviction are next to zero on a first offense. You're told a trial is important because even without a conviction, there is a record of a previous accusation to refer back to when they are charged again.

In the unlikely scenario they are found guilty, the sentencing guidelines are in the perpetrator's favor; 6-12 months, suspended with one year of probation.
Just getting to trial victimizes the victim and family, for months on it. It's a very unpleasant experience, and all for a slight slap on the wrist. It's hard enough to overcome the abuse, but the months of abuse incurred by the 'justice' system and layers that make moving past such an experience very difficult.

As an example, one judge in our area was known to be quite soft on pedophiles. When a business owner pleaded guilty to raping his 15 year old niece on her birthday- because he thought it was time she knew what sex was like- the judge gave him a 6 month suspended sentence. That same judge gave a one year jail sentence to a guy for writing a $35.00 hot check; the reason being it was the third hot check the guy had written in the last 12 months, and he needed to learn the hard way that this wouldn't be allowed.

I've watched the way judges rule ever since, and noticed far too many seem to turn a blind eye to pedophilia. Without changing the law to tougher sentencing AND mandatory guidelines, sexual abuse will continue to flourish.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ITT: Twitter is either lowering the collective IQ or bypassing traditional filters that used to protect us from low IQ society

AKA remember when journalists did their job with integrity and skill or they weren't paid to do journalism?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Cool. I guess this is a case of agreeing with each other but coming at it from a different angle/perspective.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The question of the day is why is this particular thing considered a mental illness, while other things aren't.

Where is the line drawn (Other than touching kids, I mean)?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, it's just people confuse my opinion with like protecting pedophiles, when it isn't.

Acknowledging that it is a sickness does not personify the sin, so people can not be angry at a person anymore. It does not easy the crime in any way, but gives way to handle the situation.

A pedophile that is determined to their urges doesn't care if it is labeled a sickness or not. But it helps putting up a framework where those pedophiles that know it isn't right but are afraid about their urges, to come clean and seek help.

This will not reach everyone, but it will reach more than currently. By no means I ever wrote, thought or even entertained the thought, that it should be declared a sickness, to make it more acceptable.

This behavior is unacceptable and therefor we need to utilize every tool we have to protect the children from these predators.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The question of the day is why is this particular thing considered a mental illness, while other things aren't.

I'm reading an implication that if pedophiles can be reclassified as mentally ill, someone is getting handsomely compensated to "rehabilitate" them and score social justice points for progressive liberal culture.

edit on 13-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So you are saying we have finally found a legitimate reason to abort a child in the womb?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Fair point. I personally am looking at the increase of child abuse in the event that society grows accepting of pedophilia. It is an illness, and it is evil that needs treatment. It is not normal or healthy. But I think there are those who are pushing to make it seen as such (going back to Alfred Kinsey.)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Copy music CD's and sell it like a business, you're going to prison for five years minimum

Rape a child and you might walk, but in most cases the evil CD copy dude will sit longer and not in a nice therapy building, but a real prison. The pedophile will get extra protection because we all know what happens to these types in prison.

THIS should tell everything about the society we live in, the lawmakers and some judges.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I know the cure, cut the darn genitals of pedophiles and their fingers too.

How about that, oh forgot their tongues too.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Again, declaring it an illness is not acceptance of them.

It's acknowledging the issue, but it's not accepting it.

IDK if it is the language barrier but that's a big difference I try to point out.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I know the cure, cut the darn genitals of pedophiles and their fingers too.

How about that, oh forgot their tongues too.

And let them sit on their ass collecting disability and handicap privileges for the rest of their miserable existence?

Lethal injection for every conviction.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Darn I agree, yep after the castration and mutilation lets put them in the gas chamber or lethal injection.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It is heartbreaking to witness. Someone very close to me was molested as a child and I saw how it tore the family in half. Many of the abuser's own victims took his side, which apparently is normal (an effort to repress and deny.) This young lady was mocked by peers who actually believed the lies that she'd somehow instigated sexual behavior with the man! People can be staggeringly dumb and cruel. A teacher who was on the pervert's side of the family openly warned the other children on the playground that she was a liar! The principal forced him to apologize for this, but he did not lose his job and wasn't even transferred. The 10 year old girl had to get up on the stand and testify about what happened to a roomful of adults, including her abuser. Afterwards, the man was found guilty and sentenced to 2 years probation. This was my introduction to the so-called justice system. A complete and pathetic joke of a system.

There were two messed up girls in my school who were molested by their own father. There were two separate trials brought up against him for this, but in each case their grandmother (the perv's protective mother) would testify strongly in his favor, and managed to get the girls to drop the case each time. This woman was known of in the community as the Holy Terror, because she was a fearsome bully who even the men feared. Eventually, the perv's nephew took him to court for abusing him. By this time, the Holy Terror had passed. He was found guilty and actually spent two years in jail--to this day, the one and only example of justice I've ever witnessed around me. For public trials, I can say I observed justice in regards to Kyle Rittenhouse's not guilty verdict. But that is literally it.

The perv I just talked about had actually molested a lot of kids, at least one of whom became a molester himself, I later discovered. And so the cycle of abuse goes on and on. I knew this guy in high school for being tall, super muscular and athletic, and a weird bully. I once sat beside him on the school bus when I was a child (he was a teen) and got very bad vibes from him. A long time later, a guy I went to school with opened up to me about how this guy had molested him and his own sister! This spineless imbecile kept quiet about it all. He claims this bully has changed and would never do it again. Last I heard, this predator is working for some kind of center for children, a YMCA or something similar. I really hope he doesn't continue the abuse.

The amount of harm done by one predator is astonishing. It harms multiple individuals for life, but it also impacts their future relationships. And some of their victims will likely become new predators. It is one hell of a serious problem I've been wanting to see properly addressed for almost 30 years now. But tragically, the system is still a joke.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yes I know. And I agree.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I read the article. Not as outrageous as i would have thought.

Personally I am of two minds. Something that may surprise others with knowledge of my former, fairly bloodthristy thoughts on this topic in general. I hate these people with every fibre of my being. I despise them on a deep level. At the same time i recognise that such hatred is extremely unhealthy and somewhat scary. It’s extremely negative on a spiritual level.

I am willing to concede that if one of these individuals recognises that they have a problem and takes steps to try and manage their condition and actively avoid children then those individuals should, if not be accepted, be tolerated to some degree.

Of course any with such an inclination who acts in any way upon their desires should recieve the death penalty. Absolutely no tolerance or leniency should be shown in such cases.

I’m not sure what is out there for them or the efficacy of avaliable treatments. But i feel society should first seek to help those with issues largely beyond their control.

Perhaps if there were a sufficent number of “cooperating non-offenders” then better treatments could be developed that could help these people.

It should of course never be accepted as “just another orientation” and the fact that there are some out there who want it to be as such frankly horrifies me.
edit on 1312022 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

And things go from one extreme to another. These days we're seeing normality vilified and abnormality defended and championed.

I agree there should be a path to forgiveness. I'm pretty sure what's being pushed for is a path to privilege.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: MykeNukem

You forgot the part where I said I consider it evil. I think the cure for evil is either Jesus Christ or death.

I didn't forget. But of course it is, hence why I said "HELL NO!" to excusing it, and then to normalizing it. I'm not sure what you are taking exception here.

The rest of what you said isn't realistic unless we're going to become the thought police.

Um... isn't that entirely and exactly the point of safeguarding measures to minimize (if not eliminate) opportunities and therefore occurrences? For example, prohibiting known sex offenders from working at schools, mandating that sex offenders register with authorities, and so on and so forth.

Another example is the "bathroom debate." One of the greatest complaints and fears about self-ID for transgender-identifying persons is that allowing any male predator can claim to be a "woman" and access young girls in vulnerable and private situations, creating more victims of sexual abuse. This isn't the only situation or circumstances of course, but we do have safeguarding practices for a reason.

It's a crime. A disgusting, evil, abhorrent crime. That's all I need to understand.

Well, okay, if that's all you've got, that's all you've got.

Figuring out how to stop crime before it happens, so there is no more victims in the world doesn't sound doable to me.

Of course not! We can however minimize and restrict the occasions and opportunities for such crimes to be committed. Doing any less is just as "disgusting, evil and abhorrent" because it allows and enables the criminal. Do you not protect yourself from crime? Do you not use the locks on your house doors and car doors? Do you not keep your banking passwords private? There is plenty that can be done.

There is nothing more I need to understand about pedo to accomplish all you said.

Nor do I care to.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I still don't see what's wrong with killing all pedo's.

Really.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join