It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today Life Defends Pedophilia As "Misunderstood"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: MykeNukem

I'd actually agree with the death penalty for molesters if I trusted the so-called justice system. But I don't.

I was being rhetorical, but, I agree.

I'm not feeling too good about our justice system either, but they should be trending towards MORE severe punishments for this, not trying to understand.

Sometimes evil is just evil. No other reason needed.

Gen Pop for all the pedo, that problem would fix itself.
edit on 1/13/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Everyone who could see this coming raise their hand. Ashley Biden's journal is true, and they're trying to soften that blow.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I remember when such talk was considered "the slippery slope" conspiracy theory. Not so much theory now is it? When will people open their eyes?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

Children have been called 'the last sacred ground' because everything else in modern culture has been exploited. If they manage to legalize and moralize and humanize child abuse, all goodness is gone.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I figured you were being rhetorical, yes. Penalties for child abusers should be much more severe, esp. considering how rarely such people ever get caught, are brought to court, and actually found guilty.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Excellent comment -- very thoughtful and reasonable.

We know such people exist. It's easy to condemn them, but they are still here and need to be dealt with -- preferably BEFORE anyone becomes their victim.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It was absolutely true. Was a time when I disregarded the theory myself. But in recent years, I came to see the wisdom of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'm not feeling too good about our justice system either, but they should be trending towards MORE severe punishments for this, not trying to understand.

That depends on what is intended by "trying to understand." If the purpose of understanding the problem is to excuse the problem, then HELL NO!

But if the purpose of understanding is to prevent the problems, and save children from being victims in the first place, then HELL YES!

If there are better options, then we should not wait until the dirty deed is done, when prosecution and penalties are needed.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You can teach your kids all you want, the reality is that most children are molested by relatives.

I’ve have known a few people who were molested by uncles, cousins, grandparents. This was my observation of the pedos I later found out who they were:

In every case, the pedos were cocky, rude, entitled, selfish know it alls, and they all had mommies paying for them to live and not have to work, also drugs and alcohol involved. I do believe one may have been a serial killer (he’s dead now).

I believe some do it for a feeling of power over another, or hurting someone because they have been hurt, the rest are socially awkward and sick in the head.

I do know this, anyone who harms a child like that will be going to hell.

In the womb is ridiculous, I’m Irish and I don’t drink. People have willpower!

edit on 13-1-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think anyone here is arguing against understanding these problems. The issue is with normalizing pedophilia into civilized society.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Alfred Kinsey, the Father of the Sexual Revolution, led an agenda to normalize pedophilia and child abuse. This has been going on for a very long time now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I don't think anyone here is arguing against understanding these problems. The issue is with normalizing pedophilia into civilized society.

Not your OP. But the particular comment I responded to --

-- was exactly that.

And as I stated, if "understanding" means excusing the bad behavior, or "normalizing pedophilia into civilized society," then HELL NO! But if "understanding" means preventing the bad behavior so that there are no victims and no bad behavior to prosecute and penalize, then HELL YES!

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes I know. I just wanted to clarify that what we're talking about is the normalization of pedophilia.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Alfred Kinsey, the Father of the Sexual Revolution, led an agenda to normalize pedophilia and child abuse. This has been going on for a very long time now.

www.youtube.com...

The effort to normalize deviant behaviors in western societies has been going on since before I was born. As much as I have disregarded the theories on communist influences, I now think Joe McCarthy had the right idea. He did some damage to the domestic communists at the time, but they are back in full force now. I'd suggest checking under your bed to see if you got a red infestation.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The problem with that kind of extreme crackdown on Communists and sympathizers is that it encourages them to push back harder. Communists hate Fascists and Fascists hate Communism, and of course both are equally bad. If we--all of us who oppose this new corporate communism--push back too hard, then not only are we going too far but we are encouraging more extreme pushback in the future. I've known a few Communists, including here on ATS, who seem like nice people who just want a better world. They don't like the tyranny and corruption unfolding. They aren't the totalitarian kind of Communists. And I personally believe in free speech for everyone. The problem is with the criminal elite and the extremists committing crimes in the streets (or swatting, doxing or threatening.) Not to mention the mainstream media for mass deception and sparking mistrust and hatred between citizens.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yes I know. I just wanted to clarify that what we're talking about is the normalization of pedophilia.

Um... Okay.

Duly noted. Consider it clarified.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The # it's missunderstood.

It's pedophilia, it's a mental illness. The other thread this morning with the vindictive wife got binned. Not going to retype it all but it's a sickness.

That doesn't take the cruel part away or EXCUSES it (looking at you Freeborn), but let's call things like it is: A sick craving that needs to be dealt with.

One thing is true, shaming pedophiles drives them into the underground, somewhat accepting that they are sick, gives them a platform to speak. It's a fine grade between acknowledging that but not giving a single inch towards them humanizing the behavior for them.

Sick is sick and children are to be protected. The media should be ashamed, but they just crater to the biggest crowd. Or helped create it.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And as I stated, if "understanding" means excusing the bad behavior, or "normalizing pedophilia into civilized society," then HELL NO! But if "understanding" means preventing the bad behavior so that there are no victims and no bad behavior to prosecute and penalize, then HELL YES!

You forgot the part where I said I consider it evil. I think the cure for evil is either Jesus Christ or death.

The rest of what you said isn't realistic unless we're going to become the thought police.

It's a crime. A disgusting, evil, abhorrent crime. That's all I need to understand.

Figuring out how to stop crime before it happens, so there is no more victims in the world doesn't sound doable to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

They seem to be arguing that it's genetic. Therefore, pedophiles can be seen as 'cursed' in some sense, and are therefore victims in need of protection. The insanity knows no bounds.

It is mostly biological and incurable. This doesn't takeaway from the behavior that is totally wrong. It's like psychopaths as they are also biological based with even their brainwaves being different, but once again there is a behavior associated with it all that is truly wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Okay...good?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join