It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be a big boy and take my medicine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nope, this thread isn't about Covid, unfortunately, wish it was, I'd rather deal with that.

I was just reading a thread talking about medical procedures, and with that, I'll segway...

THIS thread is about my RECTUM.

There, that was the classiest opener I could come up with.

Anyway, I'm 48 in February and my family MD has been bugging (no pun intended, maybe) about getting a Colonoscopy for a few years now.

Is it just me or has this caused some men some anxiety thinking about this?

I mean it's one of the main reasons I've tried to stay out of prison all my life, understand?

Is it that much of a risk if you don't get one?

Oh, the wife is in league with my evil MD...what a weird thing to team up with someone on, no? Think about it....

So, any advice from the older male members here or any type of member? (Again, no pun or innuendo involved)

edit on 1/5/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Talk to your doctor about your concerns. There's also a home test kit that might not be as reliable. It is less "intrusive" and there's no miserable prep-day prior to the test.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What's the problem? Come on Pussy, man up and let the doc check what's up.
If you're a good boy I'm sure your wife will let you have a beer and a steak afterwards. And you'll have it with the good feeling: You earned it.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The procedure itself isn't a big deal at all. The preparation is a bit ...um...sh!tty. But it's important, and could save your life. It's not the usualy custom to tell someone to "man up" when the topic it taking something up the poop shoot, but in this case, it's appropriate. You can do this, it's not a big deal. Other than the fasting and pooping. that part kind of sucks. But reward yourself with a greasy cheeseburger and a beer when you are done, and all is well.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

If you're a good boy I'm sure your wife will let you have a beer and a steak afterwards. And you'll have it with the good feeling: You earned it.

LOL, you beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It doesn't hurt if that's what you are worried about, lots of lube.

Feels a bit uncomfortable and that's it.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Lmao.

I was ready for that...

In this case, taking it up the arse is manly...that's the part that's causing my brain to short circuit....

Can they Ruppie me first?

Seriously I am going to have to do it butt just couldn't bring myself to talk to the guys at work about it, lol.

You felt good afterwards? Hmmm

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Talk to your doctor about your concerns. There's also a home test kit that might not be as reliable. It is less "intrusive" and there's no miserable prep-day prior to the test.

Good luck!

I've seen commercials for the kit, but I'd rather do the most reliable test of course. Even though, I'd rather NOT do the most reliable test, lol.

Yea I know I gotta do it, but hearing about everyone else's pain is making me feel better already.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't remember being warned of this as a kid....

What a rip...

But yea, gotta do it and get it over with. I have to take advantage of the fact that they're letting us have these procedures here in Ontario right now, since they're getting ready to lockdown again...might be a few years wait again...

Yea should earn me some “brownie” points though....heh

(post by Peeple removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You're crazy....I like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There's a joke in there somewhere but I can't put my finger in......err......on it.

Never had one myself but had an endoscopy stuck down my throat once. I was awake but sedated.
Awkward ten minute examination followed by a floaty, slightly tipsy feeling for the rest of the day.

Worth it.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm a really dirty lady. I do all of that: fasting, enema and putting stuff up my behind for fun occasionally.
But I don't think my deviant lifestyle should be used to sexualise a purely medical procedure.

My point was more like: make a deal with your wife that you can have a reward of your choice afterwards. Something really good and manhood reassuring to balance it out for you.
And then you go in there, eyes on the price and it will be no big deal.

Me using humour is just my way of dealing with the anxiety, hope I wasn't offensive.

I'm secure in my manhood, it's my bum that has all the insecurities

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I get it. I'm the same way about back door stuff. But a colonoscopy is nothing man, been getting them for 13 years I guess since I'm 63. You're out cold for the proceedure so you don't know a thing and lots of people don't like the prep but I don't mind it. People say it's hard to drink the stuff down but I don't have any trouble, I can chug most anything...

Oh, and you don't want to neglect getting it done. Colon cancer is slow growing and they can catch it before it turns into cancer even. They clip the polyps while their in there and basically nip it in the bud. I had an uncle that died of colon cancer and it wasn't pretty. He was a doctor too. Refused treatment when he realized he had it.
edit on 1/5/2022 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The procedure itself isn't a big deal at all. The preparation is a bit ...um...sh!tty. But it's important, and could save your life. It's not the usualy custom to tell someone to "man up" when the topic it taking something up the poop shoot, but in this case, it's appropriate. You can do this, it's not a big deal. Other than the fasting and pooping. that part kind of sucks. But reward yourself with a greasy cheeseburger and a beer when you are done, and all is well.

Is it worse or more uncomfortable than a prostate exam? Those always feel like the doctors whole arm is up my ass.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Is it worse or more uncomfortable than a prostate exam? Those always feel like the doctors whole arm is up my ass.

you are usually sedated for the Colonoscopy, but fully awake for Dr. Jelly finger. So at that point, I suppose it depends on what you like. For me, if I know it's going to happen either way, I'd prefer to not be aware of the intrusiveness. that way I can pretend it never happened. it's all about being convincing when you lie to yourself.
edit on 5-1-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The pre-anxiety was the worst. The minute the drugs hit the anxiety meltzzz...it'll be okay, then, and over before you know it.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm in my 60's and I've never had one. Nor do I plan on getting one any time soon. I have my opinion on why they want every male to get one, and every woman to get a mammogram, but that does not mean I am right. If you think you should do it, then you probably should, because it will bother you until you do and so will your spouse and doctor.

Buck up mate!

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It’s a good diagnostic tool. On another note, if your using insurance, make sure both the doc and the gas passer are in network to keep the cost down.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Had it done twice. A nothing burger. Yes a bit uncomfortable but it's your health we're talking about here. They wouldn't be doing it if they thought it wasn't necessary.
Last time I had it done there was a woman doctor, a nurse and quite a few trainee women doctors. You have to smile and let them do their job but don't forget to have a laugh and joke with them, they are human just like you.
The word was with me, the doctor said "would you mind if I put it up and one of the students pulls it out" !!!!!!!!! What can you say? So I replied " a mans bum is meant to have things come out not in", got a giggle with that.
A nurse will hold your hand and show you the screen (about 6 inches from your face) reassure you and give you a running commentary. I have 2 other friends who have had it done and we call ourselves the up the bum club.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join