It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be a big boy and take my medicine?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just tell the doctor he can stick it up his OWN Arse.

There are risks of complications from colonoscopies, I know three people personally that had a perferation of the colon from it, one died, one had to undergo major surgery to empty the cavity of that part of the intestinal cavity, but did live. Of course, the hospital got full pay for emptying his cavity, he has a big scar left to remind him not to get another colonoscopy. The third person I know who had a problem was on a very restrictive diet for almost a month and had multiple cat scans or MRIs during that time till the gut healed.

These are just people I personally have known in my life and I do not know that many people in relation to the number of people living in the two counties I have lived in. I am sure that there are lots more that have had complications with colonoscopies. I had one when I had my hernia surgery so they could check the area around the patch. They could not get around some curve to the rest of the colon, so I will be damned if I will get one because my risk is higher of a perforation.

Unless a person has some symptoms of something wrong, I think it is not that great of an idea to get one. I am sure that some medical professionals would think opposite, but then again they have been trained to believe they are a lifesaver by an industry that benefits from unnecessary procedures. If I had symptoms, sure I would consider it, as long as the doctors are aware of the problem with the kink in my colon related somehow to the hernia area.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: MykeNukem

What's the problem? Come on Pussy, man up and let the doc check what's up.
If you're a good boy I'm sure your wife will let you have a beer and a steak afterwards. And you'll have it with the good feeling: You earned it.

Lmao.

I was ready for that...

In this case, taking it up the arse is manly...that's the part that's causing my brain to short circuit....

Can they Ruppie me first?

Seriously I am going to have to do it butt just couldn't bring myself to talk to the guys at work about it, lol.

You felt good afterwards? Hmmm

Im laughing so hard, we had a family friend get his colonoscopy right after Christmas. Let's just say for a day or so if he wasn't close to facilities he was pooping in his pants just like our President.

His wife said the first night afterwards he got up during the middle of the night and was running towards the bathroom, and she heard him say "Dammit" as he crapped in his new pj's from Christmas.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We're trying to alleviate my anxiety here, remember?

Lmao. Now I'm not sure I wanna be a big boy anymore....

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I have 2 other friends who have had it done and we call ourselves the up the bum club.

I really don't want to get in the middle of someone else's good time, but if I were you, I'd probably keep that on the DL. Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

If you're a good boy I'm sure your wife will let you have a beer and a steak afterwards. And you'll have it with the good feeling: You earned it.

Lmao.

I was ready for that...

In this case, taking it up the arse is manly...that's the part that's causing my brain to short circuit....

Seriously I am going to have to do it butt just couldn't bring myself to talk to the guys at work about it, lol.

Im laughing so hard, we had a family friend get his colonoscopy right after Christmas. Let's just say for a day or so if he wasn't close to facilities he was pooping in his pants just like our President.

His wife said the first night afterwards he got up during the middle of the night and was running towards the bathroom, and she heard him say "Dammit" as he crapped in his new pj's from Christmas.

Rofl...not sure I could deal with the shame of #ing myself...especially if my wife knew....that'd be her new “thing” to tell everyone..argh

I'm having doubts now lol

Between you and Ricky and your anecdotes...maybe I'll just leave my arse hymen intact for now

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Really painting a picture with this one.

Oh my.

I can't even talk about “bum” stuff with my friends, lmao....definitely wont be no Fn club either...

Thanks for the info though.
edit on 1/5/2022 by MykeNukem because: lol

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Lmao.

I was ready for that...

Rofl...not sure I could deal with the shame of #ing myself...especially if my wife knew....that'd be her new “thing” to tell everyone..argh

I'm having doubts now lol

Between you and Ricky and your anecdotes...maybe I'll just leave my arse hymen intact for now

LOL, I completely get it mines an exit only too, Im at that age myself, hell my prostate exam hurt so much I always joke I couldn't figure out how he did the exam while he had both his hands on my shoulders while exclaiming that's your prostate feel it!!! that's your prostate feel it !!! I digress however

BUTT seriously go get it checked, just take a second pair of pants along for a couple of days, or get an adult diaper.

It could keep you from a lot of other issues....

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
so the majority will disagree but I reckon if it’s ur time it’s ur time. I wouldn’t want to say because people are still alive because of it, and will applaud cancer treatment, but to me, I think chemo destroys more than it saves, and I would rather have my last 30 days run wild run free, rather than my last 180 bent over a bucket, and I personally wouldn’t take it… but that’s a personal choice.
Jeez that got dark!
( I’m assuming he’s just checking for cancer and not for coordinating shorts n skins colour schemes )

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The prep is the worst part. Talk them out of any water gallon jugs they try to get you to drink (go lightly tastes like ocean water). Ask for dulcolax and muralax, take with glacier cherry Powerade (cold). Make sure you have A&d ointment, you will need that before your actual colonoscopy.

Do not drink anything red or green, jello included.

My last one was comical. The Dr I had was very young and pretty. I remember saying “Wait, did she graduate college yet”. Then I get in there, anesthesiologist is great guy very reassuring, then I meet the surgical Nurse (to my horror it is one of my customers), the last thing I remember before going under was him asking me to scoot over towards him.

Now that’s awkward! One polyp now gone. It could save your life 😊

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Went through this again Spring last year. Prep is always rough for me, but this time was significantly worse. The classic method is to consume prep solution in liquid form with massive amounts of water. This time I was given pills to swallow with massive amounts of water.

The pills were easier to swallow (and keep down) than the oral solution, but if given the choice I would NEVER opt for this option again. My digestive system took weeks to get back to normal, as opposed to a couple of days with the old method. One of my doctors told me that he has heard similar reports and recommends against this type of prep now.

This may not apply to you, just something to consider. I have Crohn's and have had a bunch of surgeries that make things complicated. A healthy person with all their innards may tolerate both types of prep with no problems like some of the members have mentioned.

edit on 152022 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh my goodness my friend - go for it. I have had IBS all my life, and having diarrhea is like having a cup of tea. Re: the prep. Get in there, get it done and you move onto other things. That's if you go the classic colonoscopy. They give you good drugs, oh boy - you just go to sleep and it's done. You might be semi conscious, but you are just drifting about in happy sleepy land. It's not a big deal. You get a cookie and drink after. It's such a fast and easy procedure.

I had a grandmother that died from colon cancer. I have a mother in law that had a bowel resection due to stomach cancer. You do not want to deal with ANY of what cancer entails, let alone the after results after surgery. Stomach and bowel cancer, never mind that it can kill you, is the most painful and messy (think a bag to act as your bowel) thing. When we witnessed the degree of pain my grandmother was in and the after surgery pain of my mother-in-law, the entire family went and got colonoscopies. One of her sons had polyps and goes routinely now and has them snipped off as they grow. It's a piece of cake for him now and he's happy to do it. No shame in it.

It's not about being a man. It's about being human and using the help available to keep you healthy and alive

And yes, there is a simple fecal test you can do now instead of a colonoscopy.

Just do it and take responsibility for your health. You will be amazed at how easy it all is, no matter which test you go for.

edit on 5-1-2022 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

The horror meeting your customer! Made me laugh! xox

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm a kinky bastard. A finger in my butt isn't going to trip me out too much. Besides that the doc is just doing their job.

Now, the MEPS doc back when I joined the Navy seemed to enjoy staring at my butthole a little too much.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Remember to write " Hi Dr. Bumfinger ! ", sideways on yer arse, in washable marker.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, how is it? Successfully probed and well?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Remember to write " Hi Dr. Bumfinger ! ", sideways on yer arse, in washable marker.

I don't have any tattoos, but if I ever did get one it would be on my abdomen (next to my scars) and say something like:
Open Here in Case of Emergency

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So just in case you need another push:

Got one last year, both colonoscopy and gastroscopy. Simultan. Then the same again to remove stuff. Ask for the good stuff and tell them about your anxiety before.

I got to sleep in the medical clothes and woke up fully clothed, high like a kite and without any memories. Complete useless for the rest of the day and I needed a babysitter for both my daughter and myself. That was kind of funny.

You might have someone to pick up that can keep secrets though, because you're going to talk nonsense and will forget about it. Really the worst part was the stuff I had to drink before, getting rid of it and how they inflated me during the procedure. But once that last part got rid off, I felt great.

It's only half as worse as you make it out to be. Remember, I got both simultan, you only get one way.

All will be fine.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar
That reminds me of my school friend who was in labour with her feet in the proverbial stirrups. It was a long time ago.
So there she is legs all akimbo and in walks Dr Walker to check her out..... he was in our class in school... you can imagine both their reactions. Needless to say, he didn't deliver her baby.

I just turned 60 and the NHS here sent me a poop test to check me for cancer. Wont be doing it. Avoided having a mammogram and a smear test for decades now. It's a personal choice thing.

MykeNukem, I'm not going to suggest what you do either way, but it does sound that you have made your mind up which is good. If it's moral support your looking for from your fellow males of our species, looks like you are getting it by the bucket loads. So go for it, everyone is rooting for you.
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1   >>

join