It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Orders Company To Cease Making Christian Dog Tags - Anti-Religion Push Escalates

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

Nobody is stopping them. If a person feels like they need a dog tag that has the USMC logo on it and a dog tag with a Bible verse on it they can go out and buy one of each and wear them into battle.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

How many tags are they allowed beside the two with PII?

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

To me, people who call those they dislike racist are the real racists. Why? Because racism is a horrible thing and to use it as a means of attacking an opponent only harms the power of the word. It proves the person is either racist or at best indifferent to the plight of victims of racism. Likewise, to call your opponents pedophiles proves the same thing of you. It is disgusting on a couple levels. It also shows you have no real case. Calling people names is pathetic. But it's easy for someone to sink to it when they have no arguments, no evidence, no justification for the evils they support. You'd might as well just say "I have no argument." We know you don't.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The policy that SoS violated is DoD Instruction 5535.12 which sent into effect in September 2013. I'm not sure when the individual branches set their policy.

Regardless, even if the policy changed from when SoS was first granted their license, they still must comply with the policy when it changes.

As for the license being applied equally, when you have as many license holders as the DoD does its going to be impossible for them to enforce it equally. However, I'm fairly certain that if other violations were officially brought to their attention they would act.

I say this because an entity's trademark is only as strong as the effort made to enforce it. If it can be shown that a trademark holder knowingly allowed another entity to use their trademark in a way it wasn't intended, then that becomes precedent for every other case where the trademark holder tries to enforce their trademark.

As for your last paragraph, service members are allowed to carry whatever religious images they want as long as it's compliant with the uniform code. But that is not what is being discussed in this case. This is about the DoD enforcing their trademark policy against a company that was in violation of said policy. If a service member has an SoS dog tag from before SoS complied with the cease & desists they're more than welcome to wear it. The cease & desists only affect the company in violation of the trademark policy.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, there isn't a limit. As long as they're kept on the same chain and worn under the uniform there doesn't seem to be an issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The dogtag necklace wont be discreet if very loaded down, but I have been reading the instruction you reference, and agree that at this time, religious icons arent ok when coupled with US DoD copyrights, at least now.

Id bet that there are public domain images that would do the job and everyone happy. except the control freaks that are never happy.

edit on 12/21/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I guess I could get a set of dog tags with data on one side, and on the other an anchor and 'USN'
if anybody asks, I attended the University of South Nevada ('Go Squids!').
and of course the Bible verse.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add pic

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is their original Script...

THE PROTOCOLS OF THE LEARNED
ELDERS OF ZION

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface
Introduction
Who are the Elders?

Protocol I The Basic Doctrine
Protocol II Economic Wars
Protocol III Methods of Conquest
Protocol IV Materialism Replace Religion
Protocol V Despotism and Modern Progress
Protocol VI Take-Over Technique
Protocol VII World-Wide Wars
Protocol VIII Provisional Government
Protocol IX Re-education
Protocol X Preparing for Power
Protocol XI The Totalitarian State
Protocol XII Control of the Press
Protoco XIII Distractions
Protocol XIV Assault on Religion
Protocol XV Ruthless Suppression
Protocol XVI Brainwashing
Protocol XVII Abuse of Authority
Protocol XVIII Arrest of Opponents
Protocol XIX Rulers and People
Protocol XX Financial Programme
Protocol XXI Loans and Credit
Protocol XXII Power of Gold
Protocol XXIII Instilling Obedience
Protocol XXIV Qualities of the Ruler

It just all makes r-complex driven Psychopathic sense

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Calling people names is pathetic. But it's easy for someone to sink to it when they have no arguments, no evidence, no justification for the evils they support. You'd might as well just say "I have no argument." We know you don't.

I agree...

You're disgusting.

Pretty pathetic.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Great post, thanks.

Sure.

Anytime

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You know of course, Mason, there is a difference between calling names like "poopy head" or pointing out that their behavior is disgraceful. Yours is disgraceful. You know why I say this and you know I'm right. Not sure at what point you went off the deep end and decided to destroy your credibility on ATS, but have fun with that.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Oh, there's different types of name calling? Whatever works for your hypocrisy I guess.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Denying that the church is involved in a pattern of abuse and covering up those abuses is, quite frankly, weak and pathetic. As for evidence there's a preponderance of evidence that shows abuse and the cover up of it. I don't see the issue with me calling pedophiles well.. pedophiles. That is not name calling. It is what they are. For quite a long time now.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No. There's name calling then there's calling out someone for name calling. You know this, Mason.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You know full well I didn't deny that. You hate that I am speaking out against the tyranny you support and you either lack the guts or articulation to explain it. So instead you just smear people with nonsense. Everyone sees through it, even those who support you. We all know the game you're playing. So, keep playing. Seems it's all you have.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well , lets Face it , it's the Pentagram we are talking about here , What would you Expect from a Godless Government Organization ? .....

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Oh wow. Asking that we hold accountable a world wide organization whose members have been abusing children and covering up that abuse is tyranny? I think that you are confusing tyranny with accountability. Listen, if the church didn't abuse children we would not be having this conversation. Making me the bad guy isn't a good look for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Maybe you just lack the IQ to follow plain English. If you truly do mean to engage me with honest intent, then go back and reread my posts more carefully. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Maybe you just lack the IQ to follow plain English.

oh good grief with the 'name calling'. do you even read yourself?!

you say you can't take AM seriously, but i couldn't even get through the OP because boohoo-victim-christianity is so obvious and embarrassing. not to mention the hair-on-fire CCP bullcrap.

get off the internet.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I’ll just continue to shake the dust off my feet, allow the Lord to heap burning coals on their heads, and rejoice as I store my treasures up in Heaven.

I'm so with you on that my brother!!!! 🤣🤣👍💯

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join