It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be 2 Before The 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I find it interesting to see how many turn against God for things man can solve and deal with easily, yet they expect the parent to fix all things?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: WanderingMrM

As for me, my house will follow God no matter what happens.

I do appreciate your point of view.

I will hold my curses and let God handle the evil spirit beings. I feel with the Holy Spirit in your heart, I believe it will be hard for evil entities to win. If there is an evil there is surely the opposite and I believe it is as it was that the God who made us is "I am that I am" that was told to Moses and others. Believing in loving your neighbor and letting God handle the spiritual side will work wonders. Dealing logically with any evil ones that come into our lives will be our tests of fortitude. We may be forced to make quick decisions that without that inner guide can go badly wrong.

Blessings to all.

I've been observing lately a very interesting individual, I suggest you take a look at my threads about him. He is part of the situation in regards to Russia and also rather particularly a curious case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
. . .Having said that, I will most likely be like that one Irishman in Braveheart, and fight on the side of the believers because there is nothing else worthy to stand with on this goddamned planet.

We will all be playing our parts whether we want to or not and most people have not made peace with that simple, little fact.

I liked that character and agree with your assessment, however, he was always talking to God and the answers he got were pretty good. He could have been God sent, he sure had a lot of influence in the story. Plus he survived to the end didn't he?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pr0ph3t

"I won't go into detail, I'll just say things cryptically".. Yeah cheers.

Seriously

I was gonna say as opposed to?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

What would you have of God? In order to intervene, he would have to make all of us puppets, and yet you openly reject Him.

Do you not see the contradiction?

"Live our lives for us, but I want no part of you!" you scream at the air.

Because most every evil is caused directly and indirectly by the actions of people. In order to intervene, He would have to make us puppets on string.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Your link said a person in a wheelchair.

I'm looking for more Romanov descendents...

I'll start here.

www.express.co.uk...

I'm not big on these matters, but I have an interest.

It was my understanding from stories that this person was to be from Carpathian Mountains region.

S&F

Edit: another link. It's the History Channel so take it with a grain of salt.

www.history.com...
edit on 26-11-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Is the greater expanse of the universe and all the planets also going through some kind of 2nd coming of god?

There is a ton of solar systems and tons with planets in the gold zone for life. Does his exist there and in what form? Does Lucifer also exist there ?

The problem with religion is it is only focused on humans and earth because at its inception we were all we knew.

at the risk of thread drift
Christianity is based on the Bible. the Bible is the story of God, man and Earth.
other worlds? other beings? maybe, maybe not. not relevant to our story (at this point).

I don't like the pain and suffering either. remember, God gave us the Garden of Eden. we're the ones that got ourselves kicked out.
rescue is coming. until then, we just need to be nice to others and hold on to our faith.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you believe in miracles?
edit on 26-11-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

You got me there, probably not the best analogy.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Do you believe in miracles?

Depends on what you mean by miracle. God set the rules of the universe in motion, and we rely on their consistency to define our reality. I suspect that what you mean in terms of miracle would mean for God to constantly and directly violate His own rules in order to render what *you* personally consider a *good* outcome.

But who died and made you God to be able accurately and consistently judge what is good and will be good?

And how many times should God directly disrupt the rules of the natural order to produce your *good* before reality itself is undermined and we have no faith in it?

And how much unintentional evil will result in all this due to circumstances created that you cannot even fathom?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So that's a yes? No?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Evil and good are human constructs. So is morality.
Fear is always the motivator. Combined they are the building blocks that identify and reinforce our survival instincts.

Believing in something greater than yourself sets up guidelines, accountability and purpose. It helps create the hierarchy I listed above.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I would love to be a Christian if the god of the bible was as good as believers claim him to be and he answered prayers and defended the defenseless i.e children.

He is not and he does not.

Having said that, I will most likely be like that one Irishman in Braveheart, and fight on the side of the believers because there is nothing else worthy to stand with on this goddamned planet.

We will all be playing our parts whether we want to or not and most people have not made peace with that simple, little fact.

The bankers are done playing with us.

When will we be done playing their game?

Our creator did not fail us we turned from him to follow the one who has given us what they promised, technology and all the wonderful things of this world!

He DID help us, he sent his Son who came voluntarily, because we broke a law and Gods laws stand, he does not change them! The wages of our sin is death only a perfect Man we could give back what the first perfect man Adam gave away could redeem mankind.

Do we all of humankind suffer her because we are fallen just as the Fallen Angels we let lead us in place of our creator...yes.
We though now have the hope of being perfected again if we accept this perfect sacrifice.

If you want to judge the one who made everything go ahead, but that gets you no where, we are the ones who disobeyed.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So that's a yes? No?

It seemed pretty clear to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ia reply to: 19Bones79

If there is no God, suffering and evil ie child molestation/abuse isn’t really wrong. Just a preference. Think about that. If there is no mind prior to the human mind, all morality and justice (or lack there of) is just a construct of the human mind. So good and evil is just relative to the human mind you’re interacting with. In your world view no one or anything is actually right or wrong, moral or immoral. So what are you complaining about? Just a thought.
edit on 26-11-2021 by hopeisasound because: Darn autocorrect jacking up my grammar!

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Depends on what you mean by miracle. God set the rules of the universe in motion, and we rely on their consistency to define our reality. I suspect that what you mean in terms of miracle would mean for God to constantly and directly violate His own rules in order to render what *you* personally consider a *good* outcome. But who died and made you God to be able accurately and consistently judge what is good and will be good? And how many times should God directly disrupt the rules of the natural order to produce your *good* before reality itself is undermined and we have no faith in it? And how much unintentional evil will result in all this due to circumstances created that you cannot even fathom?

Just curious if you ever read the Bible.

There are many events through answered prayer
that did exactly what you are claiming God will not do.

# Water turned into blood Exodus chap 7

# The parting of the red sea - Exodus chapter 14

# Joshua commanding the Sun to stand still upon Gibeon - Joshua chapter 10

# Water flowing from a rock - Numbers chapter 20

# An ass speaking - Numbers chapter 22

# The Jordan river divided - Joshua chapter 3

# Bones of a dead man resurrect the dead - 2 Kings chapter 13

# Daniel survived in a Lions den Daniel chapter 6

Many times people in their desire to defend God declare
things inconsistent with Biblical narrative. You would be
wise to read Job chapter 47 (Specifically verse 7)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopeisasound

To those of you that do not believe in God, I pray for you to look around you, and come to you’re senses before it’s too late for you to do so. To those of you that acknowledge that God exists, and hate him for what he stands for, and what he does, I pity you.
God exists. Do you really think that everything came about by chance? How can you possibly believe this? God exists, and if you don’t believe that simple fact, you are so into yourself that you are blinded against the truth. Things are coming to a conclusion on our little rock, and it’s time to take a stand. What is it that you want? There will come a point that you will no longer have a choice to make. If you truly want answers, you have to ask for them. Time is running out.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopeisasound

edit on CST2021p2021-11-26T16:33:38-06:00Fri, 26 Nov 2021 16:33:38 -0600pmf30 by Topcraft because: Double post

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Not sure if you read my post too fast or simply didn’t comprehend what I was getting at.

That was exactly my point. IF you believe there is no God, you have nothing to complain about. The existence of evil is actually evidence FOR God’s existence. If evil exists, good exists. If good and evil truly both exist objectively, there must be a standard outside of the human mind to compare them to.

If I draw a square and then a circle and ask you which one closer resembles the shape of a flag, you’d need to have a reference to what a flag actually looks like. Without a flag to compare each shape to, you can’t make an argument for either shape.

My point is that IF there is no god, then there is NO objective standard of good to say that anything is evil. Make sense? I’m hoping to help expose the contradictions in 19bones79’s assertions.

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
edit on 26-11-2021 by hopeisasound because: Quote added

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I didn't say God never did or never would. Re-read what I wrote again very closely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join