It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook hit with massive DDoS attack

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: frogs453

AskJeeves

😪 Me shedding a tear of nostalgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we please go back to AskJeeves days!

I remember the good ole days of Q-link and Compuserve back when I had my Commodore64 and just a tape drive and 300baud Modem.

Back when 13.5MB's of RAM was huge?

I didn't have a computer until 1999. We spent all of our time riding bikes until we got licenses and then it turned into driving around for hours and listening to music.

When windows 3.1 was out I had a golf game on 18 discs. I disc for each hole. It took forever to load but when the 1st DOOM came out I was hooked!

LMAO! My then-GF's dad built us our computer and he illegally made me a copy of DOOM. I was addicted, too...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They need to get in touch with John Titor. He might have the last. IBM 5100.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thank the lord I don't have children living with me anymore. What the hell are they going to do with themselves, "it's been like, down forever man, for real". oh, the humanity.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have to say CUDOS to Facebook for being the first enterprise to test on a worldwide scale what might happen when you put the name servers for your domain zone inside the very domain zone and then loose, for whatever reasons, the contact from the zone to the internet. :-)

But anyway - those who constantly refresh their webbrowers and other applications to see how long the outage will take generate considerable traffic -which makes lookups for other websites take longer- contribute then to instability ... as well as all those applications and software which never admitted, but is showing now that they contact the facebook addresses. They all, in their desperate attempts to contact their big brother, clog up not only dns services but bandwidth as well.

:-)
edit on 4-10-2021 by carport because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carport

And then, to top it off, have 100% of your DR strategy rely on having remote connectivity. Who needs to have people on site that knows how to fix busted routes? Heh

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

AskJeeves

I remember the good ole days of Q-link and Compuserve back when I had my Commodore64 and just a tape drive and 300baud Modem.

I didn't have a computer until 1999. We spent all of our time riding bikes until we got licenses and then it turned into driving around for hours and listening to music.

When windows 3.1 was out I had a golf game on 18 discs. I disc for each hole. It took forever to load but when the 1st DOOM came out I was hooked!

Sounds like the setup for my first TurboTax program in early 1990s. It had a lot of discs but was a beautiful way to do taxes rather than using the calculator pencil and lots of sheets of paper.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

My guess is that they ... the overlords... don't want people talking about them anymore... dont want people planning protests and such...

taking all these sites down would do that.

link   
Why do you have to be rude? He's correct. Get ready for the storm. a reply to: asabuvsobelow

link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

AskJeeves

Don't forget 4 or 5 people trying to scrounge up enough change to buy a gallon of gas!

Yes oh yes! Me and my buddy would throw $5 bucks in the tank of his '92 S-10 and ride around for hours.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Thank the lord I don't have children living with me anymore. What the hell are they going to do with themselves, "it's been like, down forever man, for real". oh, the humanity.

As long as Twitch and Steam are still up ....
Mine still perfectly happy upstairs. Let's give it a couple more hours! LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

AskJeeves

Sounds like the setup for my first TurboTax program in early 1990s. It had a lot of discs but was a beautiful way to do taxes rather than using the calculator pencil and lots of sheets of paper.

Do you remember a company called Service Merchandise? One Christmas I finally got my first floppy drive and that thing was like $300 back in the 80's then in order to make my disk double density and save money we would use a paper hole punch on our disks. But I still used a little old portable black and white RCA tv as my monitor.

on a more serious note, speaking of taxes turbo tax did send me an email this weekend to remind me that i filed and extension that is due 10/10...need to remember yuck

edit on 4-10-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How much 💵💵💵💵

Is this going to cost?
Think of all the businesses that use FB, and people that pay for ads...
crazy.
edit on 4-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Man, this is better than a party line phone in the middle of a tornado!

Keep the doom and gloom coming, young-'uns! Just think what could happen if FB stayed down for 30 hours!

Mwa-ha-ha-HA!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Ha

/2nd

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Isn't that the plot to "The Purge?"

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Urghh

Fakebook is back up but slow pffft

Wish it wasnt

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Damn, most fun I've had on the Internet in years... damn FB had to ruin it again.

Maybe there'll be a sequel.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It about time we men stood up and took down this luring incompetent government of communist progressives that want to take the world backwards

You’ve had long enough Zzzzzz

We dont agree with you Moa Zedong
& Adolf Hitler,
We want to smash your skill to a cinder

You treat us like enemies of the state
It is literally time you died, commies and Marxists

Enough is enough, nlbend over an make it easier on yourselves

Your brought the world to it knees, now we’ll biting you to your knees

Time to die x

edit on 4-10-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

It is? I was just on another site reading posts from Q people stating this was the start of however many days of darkness and it was down because the mass arrests of the Clinton's and the child eaters was underway.

Guess they were wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Down or Gone?

Sounds like maybe someone deleted all their routes, including those to their DR data.

Or, as someone said, this is what sometimes happens when Mercury is in retrograde.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join