It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To jab?...or not to jab?...that is the question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

At least you’ll do well against the new variants. I’m glad I had an exposure too so that makes me feel better. The South American strain could be nasty. If they start using the old vaccines as boosters that could be problematic.

Basically increasing the amount of less functional antibodies when exposed to these new strains instead of functional antibodies with booster updates. This could drive it to shift further if we do it incorrectly.

The vaccine is so short lived, specific antibodies to the spike construct in the vaccine, that does not evolve with the virus. In an infection you adapt and evolve immune cells and antibodies as it shifts plus as you cleanup after the infection, so you can have a better chance of dealing with the new variants.

These guys just want to start rapid firing whatever vaccines they can which they should start updating soon if the new variants continue to escape vaccination.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I doubt they're gonna' go that far, but anymore who knows in this clown world we live in.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Since vaccines can't keep up with the mutations,isn't it
better to improve your immune system to fight them off?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So, you understand my dilemma then, correct?

Or did I misinterpret what you wrote?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
#1. Yes, both AZ

#2. No, only temp the following night and some shivers. It cured me of whatever stomach pain I took Omeprazole for, for 15 years!

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, are you saying you believe the vaccine itself cured your stomach issues?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I’ve tried coming off my meds before and was in pain after a few hours. I didn’t take them a day before in case of any complications, felt the slow burn but after the first jab the pain never returned. It could well be coincidence, or perhaps it was a kind of antibiotic.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Are you on any medications?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It depends on the pathogen, with a cold like this it makes sense to vaccinate short term to lessen the impact on healthcare systems but not long term or to become dependent on it. The only way it would work would be to increase the targets and incorporate it into immune cells which we are close to technology wise but not there yet. You’ll probably see it with the flu first.

And yes you should most definitely keep the immune system stimulated. This includes innate and adaptive responses. Even though the innate cells like antigen presenting cells which scavenge for whatever cannot show adaptive immunity. They can be trained and need to be stimulated with external exposure and a healthy microbiota of organisms. They learn and get better at recognizing molecular patterns in these things, both self and foreign.

Masking up forever is one of the dumbest things we could do right now and there will be a price to pay at some point for doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Summarizing here for just a moment...

1. Seems like most of the 'yes' answers to question #1 also have a 'no' response to question #2.

2. No one so far has indicated they took the J&J vaccine which is different from all the others. All of the others are mRNA vaccines whereas the J&J is a vector vaccine.

3. I didn't do an exact count, but it seems the 'yes' responses to question #1 outnumber the 'no' responses to question #1 by a margin of roughly 2:1.

Not reading anything into this, just making an observation.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Just blood pressure medication,is there anything else you
want to know? I don't smoke,drink alcohol or do drugs.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No I agree, we should be using titers just like we do with other vaccination programs. It will help stimulate T cell responses though and uptrain B cells on antibody generation for anything you may have missed since it’s random generation and binding.

I would stay away from Moderna so you don’t have a flu like after vaccination issue with symptoms. Pfizer doesn’t seem to do it as much.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "titer"?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
1 had both jabs, cant remember which ones.

2. Sore shoulder for about a day.

Everyone I know has been jabbed with no side effects apart from a sore arm.

Had an unvaccinated uncle die from complications of long covid on Christmas day, sad. He developed pneumonia and he died in his sleep.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks!

I have no choice in the matter. Well, I do have a choice I suppose; I could refuse and wind up surrendering my credentials and walk away from a 35 year career 5 years shy of retirement.

That's a pretty heavy decision! Not one I take lightly. Hence the OP.

Sorry to hear this, ending up between a rock and a hard place. Very heart breaking and I know many who are in your situation. Hoping all goes well for you and I am happy to see that most people on here who got the vaccine came through it with little issue.

I won't get the vaccine but when people around me got them I experienced some very weird physical stuff that made me suspicious so I've been looking into any information about the spike protein drifting to others. Nothing conclusive yet, but I keep an eye out for it. If anything, it makes me even more sure I won't get the vaccine because much of my issues were neurological and heart related which lasted almost two months then resolved. It is the fact it resolved that seems odd to me as I'd expect these things to get worse in time if they were core symptoms of disease, rather than a response to an external threat.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Shoot I’m sorry, it tests antibody response when exposed to something. Like they do when they decide if you are immune to chicken pox and getting the vaccine or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

1 no
2 very healthy, very happy with my choice
3 would go to an internment camp or prison rather then accept it.

At least wait through the winter. If a job gives you an ultimatum, thats your signal to go elsewhere. Treat that job like someone you are dating. Dump them like trash. My friend just retired as an officer in the Navy. His grandmother gave him an ultimatum, that he had to get injected, or she wouldnt ever see him again. It hurt his feelings deeply. He moved from here in California, to Oklahoma. He is real happy now, bought a large property, and having the time of his life.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Yeah, and it doubly sucks for me considering I already had covid, but am now being forced to get the jab anyway.

Even worse, I have a mild heart condition which makes me worry even more when I see all these heart related potential side effects.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No one so far has indicated they took the J&J vaccine

You didn't ask for which one.

I got the Moderna.
my landlord got the pfizer
and his girlfriend got J&J
my daughter also got J&J

So far no bad results and none of us has tested positive for Covid-19. So we don't have any data on how sick any of us may get if we catch it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join