It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine Etiquette

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: ketsuko

And if you happen to have legitimate reasons not to be vaccinated?

You will carry a little note from your local health authority explaining this, which you will present on attempting to enter any public place or apply for any public service. Attempting to tender or forge a fake card would carry penalties as severe as counterfeiting money.

Stupid objection.

Why?

Having to carry papers is un-American. Quite frankly, other diseases we routinely get vaccinated for are either far more deadly/dangerous or far more contagious, and yet we do not require anyone to carry either proof of vaccination for them or proof that they cannot be vaccinated or suffer life-threatening adverse health impacts.

COVID just isn't that deadly or contagious either one.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I ask friends in my small town if they've had it, most are proud of it, so I know who in my circle of friends has had it.

I no longer shake hands or come in close contact with those who have had it.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My mistake that should have read over 40 not under.

I don't know all that many under 40 that have had them.

Free tickets to Wembley, I must have missed that.

EDIT.

Mayor of London offered entry into a draw to win 2 tickets to the cup final for anyone who had had the jab or was booked in to have one.

That's him doing that not some grand government incentive really.

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: nonspecific
I'm starting to think it's a vastly different issue in the US as it is here in the UK.

I've had my jabs as have most of those under 40 I know with a few exceptions.

I don't feel the need to ask if others have as that's not really my business but I can't abide people spreading false information online so I'm quite trigger happy when it comes to keyboard warrior fisticuffs on social media.

Here in the UK we've had no incentive to take the jab other than the promise of it offering protection both personally and as a whole.

a reply to: AccessDenied

Lies1
How many under 40's do you actually know,that is 18-40.Most have not taken the poison.
No incentatives?They were offering tickets to the England semi final at the Euros for example if you took the poison.

edit on 12/7/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You wont shake hands with anyone that has had a covid vaccine?

For health reasons or for one of principal?

originally posted by: Salander
I ask friends in my small town if they've had it, most are proud of it, so I know who in my circle of friends has had it.

I no longer shake hands or come in close contact with those who have had it.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

As a more direct answer to the OP, I don't have a problem with people asking once, but they better not have a problem with me not answering...

Do you feel shame about not being vaxxed, or are you afraid that other people might judge you or discriminate against you if you tell them that you aren't vaxxed?

Ummm...no...no shame...just pity...

"I pity the fool"...(in your best MR.T impersonation)...that subjected themselves to the ongoing human trials of an unproven experiment...all because daddy.gov and the person in the picture box...told them to...

Just think about that for a minute...

Question: When was a vaccine formulated for the Chinese killer cold virus...?

Cause these MRnA jabs...are certainly not vaccines...

So your characterization of anti-vaxxer...is misleading at best...and frankly...disingenuous...

But you already knew that...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If it's considered rude & uncouth for me to up and ask "Are you mentally retarded, or just stupid?" before beginning interactions with people, then I have no reason to ask about anything ELSE private about someone.

"None of your business" and "Rude bastards" come to mind regarding people who think that's fair game for them. It's not. Unless we can talk about the results of your most recent STD and/or pap smear tests, can I get ultra-personal and all up in your private biznatch? I have my reasons, you cannot say "No" anymore. I don't want to catch something from being next to a nympho idiot who can't stop humping everything that moves.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't talk about it. Why? Why should I? I've made my decision, you have made yours. There is no middle ground, you are vaxxed or not. Won't make it a political issue, but will live by the decisions I made.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Those who refuse vaccination when it is freely available deserve to be shunned and publicly shamed, don't you agree? Sent to Coventry, ostracised, chased down the street with pitchforks.

After a reasonable grace period they should also be banned from all public places, public transport and public events. And they should be sent to the back of the queue for all government services -- not even considered until all vaccinated applicants have been served first.

Grown-ups have had enough of this childish, selfish tantrum-throwing. If people won't help protect their neighbours from a deadly plague, they have no right to expect anything from their neighbours in return.

Sheesh.

Don't sugar-coat it, come right out and say it.

You make it sound yummy...
edit on 7/12/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Those who refuse vaccination when it is freely available deserve to be shunned and publicly shamed, don't you agree? Sent to Coventry, ostracised, chased down the street with pitchforks.

After a reasonable grace period they should also be banned from all public places, public transport and public events. And they should be sent to the back of the queue for all government services -- not even considered until all vaccinated applicants have been served first.

Grown-ups have had enough of this childish, selfish tantrum-throwing. If people won't help protect their neighbours from a deadly plague, they have no right to expect anything from their neighbours in return.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

1984 is looking better and better.

Thats bad, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Don’t worry it’s going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

1984 is looking better and better.

Thats bad, right?

Ummm...who knew that the book 1984...was actually a survival manual for post modernism...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well, then I'm going to have require the intrusive following from all the Pro-jabbers:

Number of sexual partners over course of lifetime thus far

Number of times popped a positive on an STD test during lifetime thus far, and which disease is your current conquest this time.

Any orgasm issues not related to advanced age (if it's not normal, it signifies something we need to know. Don't know what, but we NEED to know this)

Your monthly bills (you must not be able to manage your finances well if you keep getting laid and sick from it)

Your internet browser history, plus all old, defunct hard drives from previous computers you may have kept. This will help the general public to "understand you" and why you're such a degenerate waste.

Contact info for everyone you've ever hit the Big O (or not) with. You can't withhold that even if you're cheating on someone, it's a highly important public matter of health & safety, dotcha know.

I can keep going, but I think everyone gets my highly intrusive point.
edit on 7/12/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

If an unvaxxed person is a danger to you

Yeah we're a danger because you got vaxxed-

I'm sick of this f#$kn retard logic.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I know it is.

They'll have to use physical force to make me do anything I don't want to do.

But first, they'll hafta catch me.

Which, if it gets to that point, they probably will, lol. I'm prepared to die on principle.

Dang it..now I'm on a list.

Thanks DB...

edit on 7/12/2021 by MykeNukem because: horrid sp.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What is an “estole”

????¿¿¿¿

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

What about transwords? You know, like words that want to be words, but aren’t. I think “estole” falls into that category.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's like the convo I had with our high school intern.

She was all for vaccine passports because people were dying in India and somehow forcing everyone here in the states to have them would keep people in India safer ... or something. /facepalm

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't know why anyone would want to ask in the first place. If anyone, vaccinated or not, is worried about the virus so much, then they should adjust their own habits and activities as they see necessary. It shouldn't matter if someone is vaccinated or not.

Sometimes you hear there is a stomach virus or whatever "going around." You may be concerned about getting it. Is it impolite to ask someone in your presence if they have had the sh**ts, and if so how much. Perhaps they vomited, too? Then you could make a better decision about how long to be around them? I don't know, I see it the same way. If I hear there's a stomach bug going around, I might not want to be careless with my personal hygiene and maybe take better care of my immune system just in case I do come in contact with any of the germs.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

It's also good idea to adjust your habits if you are ill too.

I'm stuck home today with a head cold. It feels like someone stuffed my head full of cement. I've been vaccinated, so I'm not really worried about COVID, but since I'm ill and know how others will feel if I go about sounding like a frog (post nasal drip does wonderful things for my voice), I am staying home today.

It's a simple thing to do.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join