It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine Etiquette

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have been asked by people I don't know, and my response is Yes, I have taken all 3 vaccines and can't wait for them to release more.

Of course I'm not getting injected with experimental mRNA.

link   
I'm starting to think it's a vastly different issue in the US as it is here in the UK.

I've had my jabs as have most of those under 40 I know with a few exceptions.

I don't feel the need to ask if others have as that's not really my business but I can't abide people spreading false information online so I'm quite trigger happy when it comes to keyboard warrior fisticuffs on social media.

Here in the UK we've had no incentive to take the jab other than the promise of it offering protection both personally and as a whole.

a reply to: AccessDenied

link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

As a more direct answer to the OP, I don't have a problem with people asking once, but they better not have a problem with me not answering...

Second that! Your approach is really a good approach I've used a few times, not over vaccines, as that hasn't happened yet, but your method would apply well. I've had a few obvious whackjobs approach me at the likes of the grocery store, over the years, and simply said nothing, looked at them sternly, like, "Who the hell are you?", then continued going about my business. Not once has anybody thought to take anything to the next level. I think of a scripture verse, when some evil tries coming to call,

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Also importantly, ignoring, just brushing whatever such assault attempt on your privacy off, avoids getting tempted to evil yourself, by adversarial engagement, looking to nip it in the bud, first, the smart approach. It takes two to tango, the devil knows, and he's baiting for some escalation. Basic freedom of association and who you won't allow in your space, period, is a real hammer. So, you're spot on!

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gothmog
I could give a rat's a__ what HIPAA covers.

Then why bring it up at all, particularly in a situation where it doesn't apply?

You still didn't read , did you ?
And that would mean they would have to wipe my personal data from themselves if I ask .
Or I could .
That , my friend , IS HIPAA
edit on 7/12/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Do you feel shame about not being vaxxed, or are you afraid that other people might judge you or discriminate against you if you tell them that you aren't vaxxed?

If you're going to take a stand then you should own it, not hide it.

If you're going to enter somebody's personal space then you're making it their business what your status is.

It's like if your about to have sex with somebody and it's your responsibility to tell them that your last boyfriend had crabs.

lol Where does all of that come from? Those are some mighty strong assumptions based on nothing but your own imagination.

First off, I didn't exactly say I wasn't vaccinated. I said I'm not going to respond if somebody asks.

Secondly, someone's own personal choice to not get vaccinated does not mean that they are doing so because they are taking a stand. Some don't get vaccinated because of medical reasons. Also, some don't get vaccinated simply because they don't think it's necessary.

Regarding your question about personal space: There was no scenario laid out in my hypothetical reply. So as far as I'm concerned, my space is the only space being invaded by some douchebag who thinks they have the right to ask me about my own personal choices.

Shame? No.

Fear of what people think of me? lmao. I gave up on that one many many years ago.

and crabs? You can get rid of crabs. As long as you're sure you don't currently have them, then no, it is not necessary to share that information with the world.

edit on 7/12/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

"entitled"

You keep using that word, which tells me a lot about your mind set. Not you or anyone else are entitled to ask me personal questions.

I don't " extoll the virtues " of not getting the vaccine, I think it's a personal choice and no one's business on how you handle it. Do you go around asking women if they've had an abortion ? It seems to fit your idea that you can ask a total stranger personal questions just because you think you're "entitled" to know.

If you've had your shots and are confident it works, why are you so afraid of me ?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Maybe if this thing didn't have a 99% survival rate, I could take you people seriously. I just see vaccinated people as cowards, and I Stand by my sentiments from over a year ago. No Mask. No Test. No Covid.

Asking if someone has a vaccine for this is like asking if they have their holy water and garlic ready for the vampires that only come out when you dont wear your Made in China mask walking from the front door of a restaurant to your booth. Nothing but a boogeyman.

And to the OP. I shame Vaxxers. A majority I meet and speak too literally did it to fit in, or for rights that I personally never once gave up on my end. I've read and experienced enough hate from the vaccinated to know this isnt about saving lives, they just want control. I won't entertain it any longer.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Sure, I read this:

That is a violation of HIPAA law .

Asking another person if they got vaccinated or not isn't a HIPAA violation.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: AccessDenied

As a more direct answer to the OP, I don't have a problem with people asking once, but they better not have a problem with me not answering...

Do you feel shame about not being vaxxed, or are you afraid that other people might judge you or discriminate against you if you tell them that you aren't vaxxed?

If you're going to take a stand then you should own it, not hide it.

If you're going to enter somebody's personal space then you're making it their business what your status is.

It's like if your about to have sex with somebody and it's your responsibility to tell them that your last boyfriend had crabs.

Vax shaming now, eh..

"Why wont you tell us, are you ashamed?"

No, it's just none of your business, and we are NOT having sex.
edit on 12-7-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sure, I read this:

That is a violation of HIPAA law .

Asking another person if they got vaccinated or not isn't a HIPAA violation.

Yeah .
Just don't as me .
I could care less who else you ask .

Again :
"So , dont ask me
None of my business
And I wont tell you goodbye

I said don't ask no stupid questions
And I won't send you away
If you want to talk fishin'
Well, I guess that'll be OK "
Skynryd
edit on 7/12/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GreatPotBandito

You shouldn't shame them. They try to protect what they have. They don't understand such promise won't last. They'll be the next, on their knee, begging, telling "But, I did all you wanted!" while the tyrants strip them from their rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I look at it this way:

If you are vaccinated, you either believe the shot works or you don't. If you think it works, then why would you care if you're sitting next to someone who isn't vaccinated? Even if they are ill with COVID, if you think the shot does what it's supposed to, the most that should happen to you is that you get a mild form of the disease akin to a cold.

If you are vaccinated and you don't think the shot works, then why did you get it?

If you aren't vaccinated and you sit next to someone else who isn't, and you act like they have leprosy upon finding out they aren't, well that makes you a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

When you're dealing with a communicable disease things are slightly different as your health could impact on other people's health.

Then maybe they should consider getting vaccinated.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: aTechnician

You shouldn't shame them. They try to protect what they have. They don't understand such promise won't last. They'll be the next, on their knee, begging, telling "But, I did all you wanted!" while the tyrants strip them from their rights.

As they dig deeper into Globalism, with so many trying to warn them, I've about lost all sympathy. We're going to see casualties as this moves forward. Friends, Family, Coworkers, Loved Ones. How anyone in their right mind can trust the media, governments and corporations of this world for their best interests is completely unfathomable to me. They took the easy way out, no fortitude, all fear. They deserve the groveling and bootlicking to come.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Strange.
I just realized my doctor hasn't even asked that question ????

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Unless the patient gives consent, which is why, when schools ask about your child's vaccine papers, you have to give the school consent to even view those, otherwise they cannot see them. You have to sign another form to say yes i consent to only this so your child can go to school. This is why we have forms in place because no has the right unless you're a doctor, or a medical coder and biller. All of these people have to have an undertsnading on how HIPAA works, because if you discuss anything outside of work, you're violating that person's HIPAA laws. I think someone asking about your vaccination status is none fo their business, unless you choose to tell them. Otherwise, they don't need to know.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

How anyone in their right mind can trust the media, governments and corporations of this world for their best interests is completely unfathomable to me.

I will bet you have a bank account and a phone sitting by your side at this very moment.

They took the easy way out, no fortitude, all fear. They deserve the groveling and bootlicking to come

You have shown why this whole vaccination thing is so messy, people don't care to look and live with themselves because they are busy looking at what others are doing while sitting on a high horse.

I don't trust any of the things you mentioned either but if you think you are above it....I beg to differ.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I refuse the jab.
If you have a problem with that, stay away from me.
We won't be doing business and good riddance.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'm at peace with my decision to stand against tyrants. Most aren't ready to die. I don't expect them to be. They might even be right, maybe humanity will be saved... this time. But they will have traversed the Rubicon and entered the realm of death. Every fruit they eat will encore their soul, while their personalities will be slowly striped away, forced to live like ants at the service of their overlord.

More I get old, more I understand the wisdom in the old legends...
edit on 12-7-2021 by aTechnician because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2021 by aTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I just say "I've had covid"
Not really answering the question they want.

But all they are going to get.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join