It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine Etiquette

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just tell people that my HIPAA information is private. Then I jokingly ask about the person's menstruation cycle (I have only ever had women ask me this question) THEN I sober up and say, " Seriously though, I DO identify as a vaccinated individual".

I'm not vaccinated and likely never will be due to laziness, but I FEEL vaccinated on the inside (I've always felt this way, since I was born).

I have only had one women at grocery store question the "identify" part of my canned statement. She said, " you either are or are not vaccinated". This violent hate crime rolled off her tongue so easy. Sad world we live in now.

edit on 13-7-2021 by aairman23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2021 by aairman23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You are a disgrace to freedom and a traitor to the human rights.

'Rights'? Did you mean 'race'?

I'm a traitor to the human race for wanting to save human lives? Some great MAGA logic there.

How you look at yourself in the mirror is beyond me.

If this is the level of debate you're most comfortable with, you'll never make Toastmaster.

(post by Astyanax removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

A freely available, and untested, vaccine.

Untested? Eighteen months of development and trial, followed by 940 million people around the world fully vaccinated -- that's 'untested'? Rubbish.

Nor do I do coercion.

Coercion? You're still free to shun vaccination if it means that much to you. You'll just have to forgo being treated like an adult, that's all.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: ketsuko

Having to carry papers is un-American

Tell that to the next police officer who asks to see your driving licence. See how far it gets you.

COVID just isn't that deadly or contagious either one.

According to that stable genius, Donald Trump. Six hundred and seven hundred thousand dead Americans later, you're still clinging to this lie?

There are a lot of people here who would argue that carrying papers is essential to democracy. Preventing voter fraud is one example, or having a mechanism to prove you have a right to be there in the first place.

I've had to carry around papers as part of my visa requirements in all sorts of places. It protected my freedom rather than diminished it as I had proof that I had a right to be there. My papers shield me from being treated like an illegal.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
If I was truly afraid of being judged, I wouldn't openly post my thoughts online. But by the same token, I don't judge others for what their health choices are either. I expect the same courtesy I dish out.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Your argument would be more convincing if you posted under your real world name rather than using an anonymous user ID. You care enough about what other people think to put up barriers between your online and offline personal. Probably because you feel unable to express yourself online if there is a risk that it might come back to you off line.

I think that most of us here do the same thing for the same reason. We're all on the same page in that regard.

Conversely, you do very much fear expressing you anti vax views in the real world because you know for certain that a lot of people will judge you not only for your choices but also for how your choices might impact on other people.

I'm judging you right now, and I disagree both with what you do and why you are doing it.

I expect that you will say that it is meaningless because you don't care what I think, and that is large true, but off line would be another matter. Off line where you can see me take a couple of steps away from you, and where you can see a look in my eye that's somewhere between disgust and disappointment, that gets to you, doesn't it. People thinking that they're better than you because they're vaccinated. That grinds your gears.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
Quite the psychoanalysis.
Look to your left at my date of registration.
Long before Covid was a thing and when using a name other than your own was not only common but suggested for safety reasons.
This is not my only social media account and I post the same sentiments under my own name.
If anyone's gears seem to be grinding it appears to be yours. As you have chosen to call out me personally instead of simply discussing the posted topic.
In reality... Offline.. I keep my distance from everyone else without knowing or caring their vaccine status nor how they feel about mine. I'm not generally a social person.
But please feel free to sneer, jeer or cheer at whomever or whatever you want to. Still a somewhat free world.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
*SNIPPED*
But at what point is it impolite to ask?
?

Quite simply, it is 100% impolite to ask.
ETA. Nobody has dared asked me this. If they do, I will ask them something back equally as private and personal, something like but maybe not exactly, "Have you been tested for aids?"
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thanks for that. Well, guess we better improve our bug recipes or just become vegan.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join