It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Matt Gaetz Investigated For Sex Trafficking

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Although there is substantial evidence in the historical and anthropological record of the sexual use of children by adults, surprisingly little is known about the etiology of pedophilia or its relation to other forms of sexual aggression. After briefly reviewing the research on pedophilia, we argue that one major difficulty in conducting or interpreting such research lies in the different definitions “pedophilia” has received. Most important, much of the research has accepted a legal definition of pedophilia, treating all offenders convicted of “child molestation” as pedophiles, regardless of the age or appearance of the victim. We argue that a distinction should be made between biological children and sociolegal children. Laws governing child molestation reflect sociolegal childhood, regardless of its discrepancy with biological childhood. “True” pedophiles should be identified by their preference for biological children. By using legal classifications, researchers may well be confusing two distinct types of offenders, child molesters and rapists, and confounding attempts to understand pedophilia.

Pedophilia involves sexual exploitation of CHILDREN.

CHILDREN are defined in FEDERAL LAW as MINORS which are defined as anyone under the age of 18.

I agree, that one guy who happens to enter into a sexual relationship with one minor does not make him a pedophile.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, child exploitation is a crime.

But when he seeks it out repeatedly, there is something wrong, mentally.

It is alleged that Gaetz has repeatedly sought to recruit underage girls for his parties. I assume not exclusively, but we'll see.
edit on Fri Apr 2 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

it's a violation of federal sex trafficking law to provide someone under 18 with anything of value in exchange for sex.

Meals, hotels, drugs, alcohol. Even cigarettes are a no no if the child is a minor.

Don't like the law try changing it, but that's the law.

Considering he's a congressman do you think he's aware of the law in his state?

edit on 2-4-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

What you quoted supports my position not yours.. conflating "real pedophiles" (those attracted to pre pubescent kids) with a 17 year old and 20 something is absurd in any context, including a legal one.

A 20 or 30 something being attracted to a reproductively mature 17 year old is perfectly normal and healthy. It is not pedophilia.. the state designation of "minor" does not imply a belief that they are pre pubescent (and that is the standard for pedophilia).

edit on 2-4-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

it's a violation of federal sex trafficking law to provide someone under 18 with anything of value in exchange for sex.

Meals, hotels, drugs, alcohol. Even cigarettes are a no no if the child is a minor.

Don't like the law try changing it, but that's the law.

There is no evidence he ever gave her anything in exchange for sex.. or that this girl even exists.. gifts to a partner are not "payments for sex."

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

if the partner is 17 it is..

considering he's a congressman do you think he is aware of the law in his state?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Please keep up. We are talking FLORIDA - not 'some' states.

The age of consent in FLORIDA is 18.

The age of consent in GEORGIA is 16.

Georgia doesn't matter - Florida matters. Florida is where the alleged statutory rape took place.

Only because of a law written by man. Not by nature. Not by science. Not by personal autonomy.

So imaginary lines on a map are the difference between what is possible and what is not possible? Somehow when one crosses that imaginary line from one state to another, what is possible and can be or cannot be changes to the opposite? All because of an imaginary line???

No. You stated that someone under 18 cannot consent. That is not true. She can consent regardless of the law. The girl either did so willingly of her own volition, or she did not. There is no getting around that.

Legal definitions are valid for legal purposes. Obviously, if a law is considered necessary, it is because it is possible for minors to consent!!! It's not about where she can or not. She obviously can. It's about whether or not the state will use the barrel of a gun to enforce their will on those who use their own free will to make a different choice. They can't even stop it from happening. They can only punish after the fact.

But more important, it is a subjective decision, not an objective fact, or there would not be different legal ages of consent in different states. If the state legislates their authority over the 17-year-old's autonomy, that is a legal difference. The girl can still consent. It is the state that does not consent.

If he has broken any laws, then charge him and give him his day in court, let him be judged by a jury of his peers, and the chips will fall where they may. But I'm not going to pretend like this is anything more than it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

if the partner is 17 it is..

Wrong again.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

you're wrong. if even a 20 year old man has sex with a 17 year old in the stare of florida it's a crime.

i know someone who went to jail for just that.

don't like the law try to change it.

i'll ask again, do you think Matty, a congressman, is aware of the law regarding sex with minors?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

sounds like he knows there's an investigation ongoing.

As I understand it, Gaetz does know there is an ongoing investigation of a friend/associate. And it is that investigation which prompted the extortion attempt against Gaetz.

But it seems that Gaetz has no confirmation that there is an investigation of himself, only suspicions.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

you're wrong. if even a 20 year old man has sex with a 17 year old in the stare of florida it's a crime.

i know someone who went to jail for just that.

Its a crime regardless of the genders involved right?

Are you glad that adult women with minor males generally get far lighter consequences, or do you think that is sexist?

I never claimed statutory rape isnt a crime dopey.. i said it doesnt become sex trafficking the moment he buys her a coffee..

BTW.. my brother started dating his wife when he was 17 and she was 23.. would you urge him to press charges? Tons of ppl knew including teachers and no one cared.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

do you think mr. gaetz is aware of the law in florida regarding sex with minors?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

do you think mr. gaetz is aware of the law in florida regarding sex with minors?

Most likely. Why do you ask?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

like i said if you don't like it change the law.

no, i don't think women should get off easy AT ALL.

IF a congressman, a powerful person, is caught having sex with a minor, that is a whole different ballgame, imo. so, IF found guilty he should 100% be punished according to the law. notice the IF.

the person i knew was 20 and the girls parents were the ones who pressed charges. he spent a few years in jail.

(post by Ringsofsaturn777 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

where did i claim you thought statutory rape isn't a crime?

edit to add - cute how you've been going back an editing your posts. LOLOLOL

done with you.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Good riddance.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

The NYT?... ROFLMAO... The same LYING mainstream media that has lied in every article about President Trump, and his campaign advisors?...

BTW, There is a swamp man whom is being investigated because he was extorting Gaetz and supposedly the extortion was that he was going to accuse Gaetz of having sex with a minor...

What's more, lying leftists in the NYT even attempted to tie Gaetz's known lifestyle as a playboy, he likes going out and having sex with adult women to whom he has given gifts (what an evil evil man....), with this new accusation of having sex with a minor. Accusations by the NYT also include claiming he paid the adult women for sex but again it's an accusation but no proof is presented.

If there is any truth to this claim that he had sex with a minor, then he belongs in jail. But knowing all the FALSE claims of rape by Trump haters, and many others, plus the NYT and other mainstream media known lies for more than 4 years, make me very skeptical of this new accusation.

More so when Gaetz has been a very vocal opponent of the left/never-Trumpers...

Whats more, Swalwell has had a relationship with a known Chinese spy whom funded Swalwell's campaign, and helped Swalwell choose his staff (which means there are probalby other Chinese spies in Swalwell's staff), not to mention the fact that someone high up in the U.S. government (Swalwell has been part of the intelligence committee which means he would have known from early on that this woman was identified as a Chinese spy) told her she had to flee before she was arrested, and she fled to China before any of this made it to the news... Yet despite the fact that this is a clear violation of U.S. law and Swalwell should not be anywhere near any "U.S. government intelligence agencies", yet he has neither been charged, nor has he suffered any consequence for his behavior.

As everyone knows when a politician goes against the swamp, allegations without any proof have often ended the careers of these people. But corrupt democrats whom are even being paid by CCP loyalists and are soft on China, like Biden, Ossoff, etc, are rewarded daily...

edit on 2-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What's more. Knowing the illegal tactics used by swampy creatures and their media minions, which included paying women to accuse President Trump of attempting to, or raping them. I wouldn't leave out that Gaetz's known playboy lifestyle could have been used to set him up. It's even possible that either an older woman could have been paid to make claims she is a minor, or a minor that looks like an adult could also have been paid by democrats to have sex with Gaetz and then accuse him... Or just straight up, it's just a false accusation made up by swampy creatures whom kowtow to CCP China/Chinavirus, and CCP loyalists in BLM, Antifa, etc...

edit on 2-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

They want people prosecuted based on media reporting or a video alone.

No day in court - straight to the gulags.

The left are the authoritarians.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

BTW.. my brother started dating his wife when he was 17 and she was 23.. would you urge him to press charges? Tons of ppl knew including teachers and no one cared.

You provide no context for the 'nobody cared' claim. Are you in the Fundamentalist LDS or some other faith group that 'believes' in early marriages?

EDIT: I also understand that (at least in some states), the parents can give consent for their minor children to 'date' (as you put it). Might this be the case in your state and family?

Teachers go to jail every year because of sex with students - and for some reason its almost always a female teacher and a male student, occasionally a female student. Almost never a male teacher - at least there is almost no publicity about male teachers hooking up with their students. I suspect there is an ol' boys network that protects them, because I cannot believe that male teachers are anymore immune to the idea than female teachers.

I know of a politician in Australia who, when he was a student teacher, was caught with his girl students off in the bushes during field trips several times. His behavior carried on right through his career and he is being charged with harassment of his staff and reporters, etc (not minors). The student teacher charges haven't found their way into the charge sheet as far as I know, because they have enough recent stuff to deal with him, and most of his supervisors that could testify about it have passed (all but one that I know of).
edit on 2/4/2021 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join