It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Matt Gaetz Investigated For Sex Trafficking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

To the surprise of absolutely no one, uber-creepy Matt Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking and sex with a minor.

He thought a recent Hallmark Channel-style wedding would be a great distraction/dodge for these upcoming accusations, or will they be revelations?

If Gaetz is found guilty and prosecuted for these crimes, this would be a classic example of not only extreme moral hypocrisy, but a great example of the rampant criminality 'hiding in plain sight' in American politics today.
edit on 31-3-2021 by lakespirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2021 by lakespirit because: fixed the link

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I’d sooner trust a fart after eating a gas station burrito before I would trust anything The NY Times says.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Where do you get your news information? (Besides Squidbillies cartoons)

+53 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

Certainly not from a peice of paper that pushes such hard hitting stories like how math is racist and ‘trans’ women should play in actual women’s sports.

I’ve used it to line my mini pigs cage with. That’s about all it’s good for.

Meanwhile a Democrat congressman can fart on live TV and have sexual relations with a known Chinese spy and rags like the NYtimes never mention it.

Gee, I wonder why that is?

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

What did Gaetz say last week to anger high level criminals?

Always a reason why MSM releases hit pieces when they do.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakespirit

www.nytimes.com...

To the surprise of absolutely no one, uber-creepy Matt Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking and sex with a minor.

He thought a recent Hallmark Channel-style wedding would be a great distraction/dodge for these upcoming accusations, or will they be revelations?

If Gaetz is found guilty and prosecuted for these crimes, this would be a classic example of not only extreme moral hypocrisy, but a great example of the rampant criminality 'hiding in plain sight' in American politics today.

I see you put a link that is behind a paywall thinking that people will take your word for it.

Here is the rest of the story:

www.theguardian.com...

Gaetz claimed that the allegations were part of an extortion plot by a former justice department official, whom he did not name.

“Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DoJ official seeking $25m while threatening to smear my name,” Gaetz said in a statement.

Gaetz said his family had been cooperating with the FBI and said his father was wearing a recording device, at the FBI’s direction, “to catch these criminals”. He demanded the justice department release the recordings.

“No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets of the ongoing extortion investigation,” he said.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If you'd like to hear the other side of the story, it appears Mr. Gaetz spoke with Axiom about this very matter.

The big picture: Gaetz, 38, said the specifics of the allegations are "unclear," and he said he's been told "very little." But the New York Times reported late Tuesday afternoon that the Justice Department is investigating Gaetz "over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him."

"The allegations of sexual misconduct against me are false," Gaetz told Axios. "They are rooted in an extortion effort against my family for $25 million … in exchange for making this case go away."

Of note: He later said in a statement released Tuesday night that he and his family had over the past several weeks "been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name."

"We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals," he added.

www.axios.com...

Lets wait and see what happens before jumping the gun. It looks more like extortion or blackmail of false circumstances.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The extortionist and coconspirator with the NYT.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Why wouldnt Gaetz name the person extorting him? Well scratch that. It was alledgedly David McGee

Regardless of the source cited in the OP....how is any credibility determined?

It is a pretty serious allegation. And so far all we have is the court of public opinion. All i know is Gaetz IS the subject of an investigation...but he tells Tucker Carlson its false.

Not a lot of credibility...but damn its a hot topic.
edit on 31-3-2021 by sunkuong because: New info

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I read he blocked a trafficking bill and some other sketchy stuff.

17 sounds like a retarded risk for anyone.
...or a she's 18 type Epstein blackmail scheme
We'll see

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Addes2

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So let's all blame the messenger, the NYT, and say nothing about what Gaetz supposedly did. Typical for ATS. Deny ignorance, LOL!

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Deflectionists gotta deflect, I get it. Weird flex, but okay.

Guys, gals (and diverse) this guy is sketchy af and that is visible over a great big ocean.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Funniest thing I’ve read all year

“Guys, gals and diverse”

What the cuck?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Gaetz is making a distinction between being a subject in an investigation and a target in an investigation. He admits he's a subject saying that the target of the investigation is someone else, presumably the DOJ official that is extorting his family.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So let's all blame the messenger, the NYT, and say nothing about what Gaetz supposedly did. Typical for ATS. Deny ignorance, LOL!

Yeah, you're not exactly one for facts tho and as for the "messenger", paid propaganda? Bruh you are too low info smh.

It's a hit piece, nothing else, nothing more.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Deflectionists gotta deflect, I get it. Weird flex, but okay.

Guys, gals (and diverse) this guy is sketchy af and that is visible over a great big ocean.
Really? Coming from the largest Anti Trumper? Lol, ok.

Also, visible over a great ocean? You were blind to Trump and basic facts 😂

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Funniest thing I’ve read all year

“Guys, gals and diverse”

What the cuck?
Yeah, it's pretty weird and you can tell they're trying hard to intregrate.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I realize that this could be a form of political maneuvering, everything is so high-stakes, politically charged and crazy lately. The main reason I started this thread, is because ATS has been so one-sided over the past few years, so much blind faith in the right wing. Hours and hours went by after this news broke, and no ATS thread on the topic. This place used to be way more balanced.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

When you have to lie to achieve "balance" you really have to look at you.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'd just as soon tear off both wings. They can't fly anyway. Massive infections. Maybe covid related.
I do enjoy the $75 dollar tanks of gas and the rug pulled on my industry a month before my kids born though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join