It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do yourselves a favor; take off your masks and breath!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: zosimov
Either way... all that's in the OP is a suggestion is to take the mask off when in the sunlight and fresh air and take a few breaths!

Certainly nothing any reasonable person could object to.

Karens aren't reasonable is the problem. They're the ones who wear the mask even in their own cars.

That's what I've been saying this whole time. How the *uck do I drink and drive with a mask on? Really you only need to put it on when the cops pull you over and just show them your covid positive papers and be on your way. Stupid Karens.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That may change. Well it did for me.

I live out in the woods, a rural area where people are well spread out. Not by inches, but by acres. I have a neighbor that is fairly reclusive and very cautious, that died a couple of weeks ago from COVID. She was in her mid seventies, active, and healthy. She was in hospital about four days before she died. It was sudden and without warning. Her husband was also infected, he was much older, but he survived. He has been home from the hospital for less than a week.

We are a tight knit community, but he begged us to stay away from him. He said he has already lost his wife and he would not be able to continue living if someone in the community became infected because of him. We are honoring his wishes but it is so hard to just keep in touch by phone.

I ate with a friend of mine earlier this week, he informed me that two of his law enforcement co-workers died from COVID, last week. Ages forty-five and sixty-two. Healthy, hit suddenly, and died quickly.

We shut ourselves off on March fifteenth of 2020. We had no one we knew that was infected with COVID, until now. On the road where I live, we now have six that are sick, and one of them died. So I don't know what is going on. I am not going to tell anyone if they should or should not wear a mask. I would offer caution, because this thing is not done yet, and you are taking a risk when you congregate, causally, or with purpose.

I wear a mask because my job requires it. I wear a mask when I am around people that are not a part of my circle of family and friends. I do it because it makes other people comfortable, and most places I go request it. I don't have a problem with it. Crazy thing is, I am just as frequently forgetting to put one on, as I am in forgetting to take it off. So, they are comfortable enough, and they save me a ton in cosmetics. I only use a little mascara with a touch of eyeliner, and I don't even use that as much anymore.

Since I gained more than a few pounds with COVID restrictions, I am seriously looking into getting a burka.

Seriously. I don't know if it is making its way across, and it finally reached us, or if something else may be the cause, but I don't think it is time yet, to let our guard down. I see no harm in erring on the side of caution, but that is just my opinion, and we all know what that is worth.

edit on 22-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

the mask is the equivalent of kids hiding under their desks when the siren went off during a so called nuclear strike back in the 80's.

Like idiots in the chow hall in Iraq they hear incoming and hide under plastic tables because they will save them from rockets and mortars. Would be best to just finish eating really.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.
edit on 22-1-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: uncommitted

In other words you can be carrying a virus of anything with about 2000 different types of cold viruses from where covid comes from we will be wearing mask for the rest of our life because we can be infecting anybody, with vaccine or no vaccine.

Interestingly herpes infects with sexual contact but to do not stop people from engaging in sex. Darn were a mask in the private too.

And that all makes sense doesn't it? Coronavirus 19 is a specific strain, method of transmission similar to others but not the same and more likely to incapacitate you and potentially cause more harm up to and including death. Don't be such a wuss.

Herpes does indeed infect with sexual contact and to avoid spreading to someone who hasn't previously been infected, a condom is the equivalent of a mask isn't it?

You've kind of argued against your own point there

WOW, comparing a condom to a mask wtf did I just read..? A condom stops all fluid escape and completely barricades the users penis from actually coming into direct skin on skin contact with whatever it is going into. A mask don't work that way, a mask is more like a maxi pad.

Did I start with the herpes analogy? No I did not. but it still applies.

link   
Do as this guy/gal says.

Killing yourself or a vulnerable family member will make things better for the rest of us. Get rid of overpopulation, more parking spaces, shorter waiting in lines and lemme see... Well also, [insert favorite conspiracy theory here]. That becomes true too if you wear your mask!

Do your part!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It's been through here where I'm at.

We've been mixing with the same groups.

There have been no issues and case numbers are coming down. I think there are just same places where it hasn't been, but there have been incidents where it does hit clusters harder like that one family that lost so many members. There was and has been supposition that there is a genetic component of some sort to it.

link   

I'm sorry to hear this, Night.
I have been writing against lockdowns and questioning the efficacy of the masks, but I do agree that COVID is a very serious disease which is deadly to a valued segment of our population and randomly deadly for others.

I just really believe that there is very little we can do (aside from quarantining when ill, washing hands, keeping our social activities to a minimum and avoiding crowds) to stop it at this point. It seems to spread everywhere, despite precautions.
I really think we need to focus on building more hospitals/equiping for more intensive care beds, maybe hiring and training more health care workers, and treatment at this point. As well as keeping our assisted living/nursing care facilities and elders as safe as possible.
We could come together with the same spirit as in WWII when the women went to work. There are so many unemployed now, an organized effort to put people to work where we need it now would help multifold.

I hope you can find ways to comfort your neighbor.

I, personally, wear masks when around others. Not when outside, apart from crowds. It feels good to put people (especially the elderly) at ease. But I also think our kids have a right to a world of fresh air and smiles, which I plan to advocate for if some want to mandate masks forever.
edit on 22-1-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not all herpes infects through sexual contact. I have a nice case of it on my feet, otherwise known as warts. I picked it up in a random locker room at some point during my athletic career. I'd far rather have picked up athlete's foot because trying to get rid of it is like playing whack-a-mole.

You may want to respond to the poster who said herpes spreads through sexual contact, I was responding specifically to their scenario.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I don't care about the covid 19 to comply with any rules concerning it, kind of like I don't and never cared about the flu. The covid 19 is a social weapon nothing special about it versus anything else already out there with the exception it is used to put a muzzle on you and suck the * of the master.

Enjoy your muzzles slaves.

Tell that to the 400,000+ victims of excess deaths in the USA. Idiot.

Dear 400,000+ people that have perished due to sickness I empathize your families, however I don't give 2 flying *ucks about the covid 19 much less anything else floating around.

B-man

Satisfied?

I couldn't care less about you if you don't, but if you are asymptomatic and being a spreader then your empathy means FA

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

In other words you can be carrying a virus of anything with about 2000 different types of cold viruses from where covid comes from we will be wearing mask for the rest of our life because we can be infecting anybody, with vaccine or no vaccine.

Interestingly herpes infects with sexual contact but to do not stop people from engaging in sex. Darn were a mask in the private too.

And that all makes sense doesn't it? Coronavirus 19 is a specific strain, method of transmission similar to others but not the same and more likely to incapacitate you and potentially cause more harm up to and including death. Don't be such a wuss.

Herpes does indeed infect with sexual contact and to avoid spreading to someone who hasn't previously been infected, a condom is the equivalent of a mask isn't it?

You've kind of argued against your own point there

WOW, comparing a condom to a mask wtf did I just read..? A condom stops all fluid escape and completely barricades the users penis from actually coming into direct skin on skin contact with whatever it is going into. A mask don't work that way, a mask is more like a maxi pad.

Did I start with the herpes analogy? No I did not. but it still applies.

You should wear a full body condom to be safe.

link   
Could someone explain to me why they think this virus is so contagious. They liken it to the Spanish Flu but it's nothing like it. WHY, if it's that dangerous, when one person in a family gets it why don't all the family. Oh, they have to isolate but they don't automatically get it like they should if it's that contagious.
Apart from a very few, and I mean very few families have more than one infected.
It's so random. One here, one there, they don't even know how this happens so they have to inflict everybody with the thought "you might catch it from anybody" and the biggie "if you catch it you might kill your parents or grandparents"

link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: AaarghZombies

So you still think masks and social distance will kill covid? Interesting.

I appreciate I'm jumping in, but it wouldn't have killed it, that's what vaccinations do, but it certainly would reduce the spread.

Lots of pronouns in there.

What exactly do you think is killing what, that vaccines will do ?

Fragile old folks ?

I'm guessing stats are available for where you live, if you have an interest shouldn't you look?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That may change.

It may... but how long is it going to take for this 'highly contagious, deadly' virus to start doing it?
The virus was present in the US in October of 2019. No one (NO ONE) was mandated to wear masks for months while it was spreading. In fact, we weren't even told that it was here.
And no one knew it was here because the media didn't tell them.
Is that how it works with a highly contagious and deadly virus.
edit on b000000312021-01-22T11:26:45-06:0011America/ChicagoFri, 22 Jan 2021 11:26:45 -06001100000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I wear a mask for maybe 10 mins a day, and that's only a few mins at a time.

I do all the rest you suggest.

So I'm good.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't wear a mask for myself, but for other people. Why would I go maskless someplace public knowing it would distress some little old lady just trying to avoid dying, just so I can feel like I'm "fighting the system" or "exercising my rights?" It's a stupid piece of cloth. It's not that important for people to see my face anyway. Also, from moment to moment, I don't know if I've picked up the damn virus. I don't. So it's not about protecting myself, it's about protecting others.

If it makes those other people feel (or actually be) safer, I don't think it's a lot to ask for me to wear a damn mask. It's worth doing just for that. It doesn't hurt or inconvenience me in any significant way.

So if I see somebody without a mask in public, I just assume that they're the kind of person who doesn't care about other people. Which is good to know.
edit on 22-1-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I live in the south, a military base close by, due to my line of work, I get the numbers from covid cases in the base everyday, soo far from the thousands of people that work at the base is been lot of infections even when now people is been working at home, but only 1 person from the base passed away in the beginning of the pandemic, the lady was part of a very well know case of family members getting infected after a funeral was held and several families died at the same time.

Yes it seems some groups get hit harder than others, but here in the south, it have to do with health and lifestyle issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Grandma and people with bad health conditions should be staying at home safe, no in the streets.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
I wear a mask, not for me.

Wear a mask, dumbass.
So you wear a mask to belittle others? That’s weird

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nearly a year into this.

More dead Americans due to Covid than US casualties in WW2.

Huge global death tolls as well

And yet people are still stupid enough to suggest that measures recommended by health care professionals world wide aren't needed.

Stupid.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: AaarghZombies

So you still think masks and social distance will kill covid? Interesting.

I appreciate I'm jumping in, but it wouldn't have killed it, that's what vaccinations do, but it certainly would reduce the spread.

Lots of pronouns in there.

What exactly do you think is killing what, that vaccines will do ?

Fragile old folks ?

I'm guessing stats are available for where you live, if you have an interest shouldn't you look?

Sorry : don't understand your answer at all.
Was asking what you meant by you fist 'it', your second 'it', and your third 'it' , from your sentence below :

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join