It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

The 'awnings' are covers for the louvers from the HVAC systems. They keep the birds and critters off from above. They also serve as an aesthetic value to make the building more anonymous. The lower floors are exhaust ducts, the upper floors are intake and make-up air ducts. The exhaust ducts can always be re-routed.

link   
a reply to: incoserv

I'm guessing explosion easily goes through windows, bunches into store cavity, fills, then blows out remaining structure..instantly.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
That makes total sense. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Heres a better pic. What is the significance of this?

The question, then, is if the fluid dynamics of the shock-wave would have been such that those heavy concrete covers would have been simply sucked out of their holes and carried through the air.

The low-pressure wave would have caused a large pressure difference between the air above the ground and the air under the cover, creating a situation where the higher pressure underneath would have caused the covers to just pop up and then get carried by the shock-wave. Could the pressure gradient between the two environments been sufficient to have caused this to happen with both of those large, heavy concrete covers?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ketsuko
If a person has the means to get a throwaway late model RV, and make a remote controlled bomb, complete with a warning system for civilians....Why Nashville, next to the bar district???

Even if it was a CO which was targeted, why Nashville? There's not critical national infrastructure there. There's no big military bases there, no significant political people or infrastructure...it's just Nashville, TN. Why?

Assuming outright terrorism, and not looney tunes bat guano -- brain fart on my part here: Because high value/high meaning civilian targets are SO old skool 2001 terrorism.

Put their icky shoes on and think like them for a minute. If you, as a terrorist, wanted to manipulate someone (singular or a group/demographic) into a quivering mass of fear, how would you do it? Knock off another office building? BTDT, people don't get as upset as they used to, just another boom in the US anymore.

Knock off a school? Eh, nutter kids and crazies have done that so much it's not going to amount to anything, AND bumbling terrorists would have the wrath of the entire country coming after XYZ group behind it for using kids as a terrorism target. Also, the brick & mortar school schedules in the US are a mess, I wouldn't bank on it being used for a terrorism method for now.

The bar bomber aspect has been touched on, but people that know the area are refuting it as a reason, and I believe them.

So, that leaves us with one more way to # with civilian populations.

At random.
Totally, confusingly, at random.

That would keep people guessing at the next Where & Why long enough to slap together another Boom 'Mobile, because people HAVE to look for meaning behind things. It cannot just be random exploding BS to keep people walking on eggshells and fearful, it MUST have a reason.

Think like me a minute here, this wasn't hard to come up with. I betcha this is their angle -- to keep you in a max state of confused and afraid, and desperately looking for some explanatory meaning for each potential individual event.

Don't get stuck in that Blind Fear Event - Explanation- Solace loop. Truly nasty, evil people don't care about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Two things to notice in that picture...

First, notice the open vault in the road? That's a clue.

Second, also notice there are no windows? Sure there are billboards which look like windows, but they really arent.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't see that. The flash along the line is the explosion reflecting off the smoke trail from whatever it was that ejected upwards. The ejection came first, it ignited the bomb and then the bomb flashed the ejected items smoke trail.

So you don't see the line move and pivot into place?
Watch again on a big screen.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Two things to notice in that picture...
First, notice the open vault in the road? That's a clue.
Second, also notice there are no windows? Sure there are billboards which look like windows, but they really arent.

Funny you say that, because that's exactly what this building in downtown LA used to look like. They even had a Rite-Aide in one corner of the first-floor. Again, NOT what I would expect from AT&T or SBC before that (the rite-aid thing, etc.).

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I don't see that. The flash along the line is the explosion reflecting off the smoke trail from whatever it was that ejected upwards. The ejection came first, it ignited the bomb and then the bomb flashed the ejected items smoke trail.

Dude, I'm using a laptop circa 8 years of age and my graphics are good and clear enough to not see this "laser" dealie. Whatever you see on your monitor is not showing up on others. It literally could just be you.
edit on 12/25/2020 by Nyiah because: My head calendar is so screwed up this year that I'm 4 years ahead of myself on laptop age.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Could be a good way to gain access.

Maybe it was Sidney Powell liberating more servers.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Also..I slighty recognize that placard on the wall in the still shot in your post.
Does anyone know what it stands for? Is that a hazardous chemicals sign?
For fireman maybe?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Dude, I'm using a laptop circa 8 years of age and my graphics are good and clear enough to not see this "laser" dealie. Whatever you see on your monitor is not showing up on others. It literally could just be you.

Well that's what I see when looping.
If someone has the ability to gif loop it, please do so.
It will help see the angle changes.

Yeah, it's freakin obvious.
Watch the video..you have 2 watch right by the third lightpole.
Focus on the lower part of beam. Absolutely from above, scanning to location.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

they do look like DOT hazard signs/ and other hazard signs used on trucks. never seen any with numbers or just a letter.

"NFPA 704: Standard System for the Identification of the Hazards of Materials for Emergency Response" is a standard maintained by the U.S.-based National Fire Protection Association. First "tentatively adopted as a guide" in 1960,[1] and revised several times since then, it defines the colloquial "Safety Square" or "Fire Diamond" used by emergency personnel to quickly and easily identify the risks posed by hazardous materials. This helps determine what, if any, special equipment should be used, procedures followed, or precautions taken during the initial stages of an emergency response. Contents
NFPA 704

maybe someone did know something.

edit on 25-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Any possibility the explosion came from inside the building and the RV was just in the way?
Since it's all just random speculation might was well throw that out there.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Anybody notice in the videos available if the building is marked with a giant AT&T "Death-Star" logo on it?

I remember when AT&T (Wireless anyway) policy in the 90's regarding what buildings got marked and didn't was something like:

1. - Retail: YES (obviously)
  2. - Regional Offices: YES (less obviously, never understood that)
  3. - Head Quarters: YES (obviously)
  4. - Switch-Sites: NO
  5. - Data-Centers: NO
  6. - Call-Centers: NO

But, I noticed that the land-line CO down the street from my house and others around Southern California have the "death-star" logo on them, (and not a small one either).

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ok got it..hazmat for firefighters..as follows

4 - Materials that can be lethal if response personnel do not wear proper chemical protective equipment. If gases or skin-absorbent gases, liquids or solids, Level A chemical protection would be necessary. Firefighter turnouts would not provide appropriate protection. Examples of Health Hazard 4 chemicals include chlorine, phosgene, hydrocyanic acid (hydrogen cyanide), hydrogen sulfide, phenol, phosphine, pentaborane and acrylonitrile (vinyl cyanide).
3 - Materials that can cause serious or permanent injury. Level A chemical protection or Level B chemical protection would be appropriate depending on the physical state of the hazardous materials. Firefighter turnouts would not provide appropriate protection. Examples of Health Hazard 3 include anhydrous ammonia, acetaldehyde, acrylic acid, carbon monoxide, formic acid, pyridine, nitric acid and para xylene (p-xylene).
2 - Materials that can cause temporary incapacitation or residual injury. Level B or Level C chemical protection would be appropriate for these chemicals. Firefighter turnouts would likely not provide appropriate levels of protection. Health Hazard 2 chemicals include meta and ortho xylene (m-xylene and o-xylene), toluene, styrene, ethyl formate, benzene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane and vinyl chloride.
1 - Materials that can cause significant irritation. Level C chemical protection would likely be appropriate protection. Firefighter turnouts may provide some protection, particularly respiratory. Many irritants are actually solid materials and may contaminate personnel. Remember that firefighter turnouts are not classified as chemical protective clothing. Health Hazard 1 chemicals include, acetone and butane.
0 - Materials that would offer no hazard beyond that of ordinary combustible materials. Firefighter turnouts would provide appropriate protection for personnel.

Interesting

1,4,3.....nasty stuff in that building
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Added

link   

There's no wooden studs in a CO! None.

They're all steel studs or concrete columns.

Trust me, no wood got 'sucked' out of that building!! Seriously!

Ya think?

I know that, but there are such things as metal studs, made of aluminum or steel. Call them girders if you want, but there would be some kind of metal framework inside the building between rooms, passageways, etc.

There are piles of long, straight posts of some kind - studs is what I'd call them - lying all over the sidewalk and the street. Those came from somewhere. They didn't come from the RV. The RV would have had lightweight aluminum framework that would have been disintegrated in the explosion. These must have come from inside the building. They would probably be those aforementioned metal "studs" or "girders" or "support beams" that were used as I mentioned. So, either they were sucked out in the negative pressure portion of the shock-wave, or the blast came from inside the building and blew them out into the street.

Thank me later.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Why would you want a laser beam? What purpose would it serve? It's probably just an initial projection of material at the start of the explosion.

No. Not something projecting.
Watch the angle change/align, then explode 3 sec later.
Sketchy
If you notice the pivot point isn't on the ground it's in the air.
That's even weirder.

Explain the potential purpose of the laser in relation to a ground based bomb. It makes zero sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

most RV's that i've seen have some sort of framing be it metal or wood to attach interior components to.
could be a mixture of that and some of the building and exterior of the RV.

RV framework is very lightweight. If the explosion happened from inside the RV, that framework would have been either disintegrated or terribly twisted. It seems to me that those would have to be metal studs (emphasis for folks who can't quite catch that idea on their own) and would have to be made of pretty stout material to not have been twisted by the force of the explosion.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

see my edit, they are hazard signs

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join