It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: incoserv

Lol..someone call skylink and get us a damn warrant. Ats will figure this out on xmas.

Well, we can conjecture and try to see what we can see, or we could just sit around and wait for the official story. Since that worked so well back in September of 2001, I guess we should just want to be told what to think about this, as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I noticed one of the tennant's buildout that was destroyed in the pics had a bunch of barnboard style cosmetics in it.
It's also not unheard of to use stick building in non dividing walls on tennant buildouts after initial build.
Seen it and done it before. Especially on freestanding walls etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah..we should wager on how quick the yt video gets dissapeared.
Lol
A couple hours, I'd say

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm guessing explosion easily goes through windows, bunches into store cavity, fills, then blows out remaining structure..instantly.

Uh, yeah ... That's what I meant by the negative pressure of the shock-wave. The initial explosion pushes air away from the point of combustion in either a circular or directional patter, depending on the shape of the charge. Once that initial shock-wave has expended its kinetic energy and pushed all air and any solid objects that it could out of the area, the resulting vacuum causes an inward collapse, as it were, and the air rushes back in to fill the empty space. This resulting negative pressure can be nearly as powerful as the initial outward blast. (It's what causes the mushroom cloud over a nuclear blast.)

So, yeah, that's what I was talking about.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
Anybody notice in the videos available if the building is marked with a giant AT&T "Death-Star" logo on it?

Answer to my own question: NO prominent AT&T logo on the building.
NewChannel5.com (local TV in Nashville) had a good helicopter shot circling the building.

link   

a reply to: RMFX1

Laser guided missile, or energy weapon. Idk

Laser guided missiles don't come from the ground up. It's nonsense. The bomb was in the RV, on the ground.

link   
earlier this evening fox news was showing a press conference, i think they said he was the fire chief.
he said that one of the buildings collapsed due to the damage done from blast.

that could be the debris.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I noticed one of the tennant's buildout that was destroyed in the pics had a bunch of barnboard style cosmetics in it.
It's also not unheard of to use stick building in non dividing walls on tennant buildouts after initial build.
Seen it and done it before. Especially on freestanding walls etc.

In constructions like this, I've mostly seen metal studs used. I guess would studs could be installed, but that seems rare, from my limited experience, in these kinds of buildings. I've mostly done traditional residential work where we just used wood.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Anybody notice in the videos available if the building is marked with a giant AT&T "Death-Star" logo on it?

NewChannel5.com (local TV in Nashville) had a good helicopter shot circling the building.

These buildings are never marked. The exterior is designed to be bland and generic as possible so as to not attract attention.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: RMFX1
Laser guided missile, or energy weapon. Idk

At the risk of sounding flippant ... LOIC?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

No, it absolutely doesn't pivot. It starts out at the lamp post on the left and moved right until it goes behind the darker colored building's left corner. It also drifts at a different place about one third of the way up. Lasers don't operate like that and unless the target was moving to the right a laser wouldn't move either. This looks like a smoke trail drifting and then quickly being dissipated by the explosion.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Cell Service is at best spotty in Western KY.

Mine dropped at 10:30am and is still down...I am unable to make or receive calls.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Understanding hazmat placards:

arcb.com...

Hazmat warning for perhaps an enert gas under pressure. Most likely the fire suppression or electrical cooling system.

edit on 25-12-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
These buildings are never marked. The exterior is designed to be bland and generic as possible so as to not attract attention.

I WISH that were true. But, as I said, CO's in my area have giant (like 6-foot-diameter+) AT&T Death-Star logo's on them!

Examples:

AT&T CO, Garden Grove, CA (definately land-line CO)
AT&T CO, Santa Ana, CA

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

maybe the propane cylinder from the RV or maybe even one from one of the hatches.

they can fly hundreds of feet up in the air.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I understand what your saying, but we are talking about 2 different things.
Not the grates, but the studs in the street..
What I'm saying is the air pressure goes through the windows, fills/ overfills the room...essentially a second bomb, then blows out the easiest wall...the facade of the building...since it's the easiest direction with the windows missing.
"Pops" out the facade with it.
I agree with you on the neg pressure with the plates.
A indy car will suck 200 lb manhole covers up, let alone the velocity from an explosion passing over it

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A cylinder was exactly my thoughts..It may have been the trigger.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

There is an at&t sign on the bldg in google street view...it's the same bldg w the blue windows...the same one with the toxic chemicals placard

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This was obviously done by some nutter, I don't see anything here worth investigating outside of this being a one off crazy person blowing something up. What does bother me though is the evacuation message that was broadcast prior to the explosion. If anything I would imagine that that would only attract people.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ive looked at several clips of the explosion and although I'm no expert, it appears to be almost incendiary. It lingers too long, like it isnt one big initial blast but an almost prolonged flair like a massive incendiary going off.

Just what's needed to shred and then internally destroy any servers that may have been getting stored in that basement.

Conveniently.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join