It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on the Senate and the House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its not derogatory. Its that it is not an appropriate description of the reality. The majority of the GOP has shown themselves to not be Trumpers, they just play nice to win their elections.

I thought the GOP and Trump were two separate entities which is why Trumpists (people who follow the doctrine of Trump) support him , he is his own man not controlled buy a party.

Well...its complicated innit?

Trump is like Bernie: an independant that caucases with a party in order to tap into its power. While his current policies may look like something a GOP would do, his history is far more liberal.

Nonetheless, the GOP is not "Trumpists". I suspect that most int he party will be happy when he's out of office.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
As soon as you said "Trumpists" you delegitimized yourself.

Carry on.

Yeah, I don't like that term at all. If he want's to use it, he should call "Bidenists" the democrats. Maybe "Pelosians" or "Kamalanites" if Joe is declared officially insane.

We are getting tribal.
edit on 14-11-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Carry on.

Yeah, I don't like that term at all. If he want's to use it, he should call "Bidenists" the democrats. Maybe "Pelosians" or "Kamalanites" if Joe is declared officially insane.

We are getting tribal.

I've just about had enough of the ridiculous, childish bullsht that never ends here. I joined here to participate in conspiracy theories about governments and UFOs and got caught up in the political chaos. I've been slapped by the mods plenty of times and don't see the same happening to certain individuals. We don't have the ability to block users in this custom version of BB software, which is a real downer. Almost every other board I'm on has that feature because not everyone likes everyone else. They also don't have too many issues with out of control posters like we do here.

So leave, right? It's like a bad wreck, it's hard to look away from. What it has solidified in my mind is the divide among us is deep and certain types of individuals on both sides will never stop being idiots. I have been a moderator on a few sites, many years ago, and what I see here is nothing more than targeted intolerance toward some, hands-off on others. Inconsistency is one thing that's killing this site.

When the plug is pulled here I will miss the banter with my fellow conservatives, especially the ones from my home state of Michigan but I will not miss the rest. And it will be a sad sight to see a wealth of UFO-type information gone. The good and the ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBillX

If we assume, however, the dead average under scenario three, we could realistically expect the 117th Congress elected in 2022 to have a
242-193 Trumpist majority.

If we assume, instead, the average of Democratic losses since Clinton, we would expect the 117th Congress elected in 2022 to have a 262-173 Trumpist majority. That, however, seems incredibly far-fetched and unrealistic based on the current electoral map.

We need to also understand that this is the first time in 130 years a first term President didn't also take both Senate and House. Very poor showing in both places for the left.

Come 2022 and all the Trump hate is gone, but the far left that is working on being the majority for their party will still be on their crazy train. If Bill Clinton ran today he would need to run as a Republican, as example, so my expectation of 2022 will be a crushing blow to the Democrat's with a Republican take all win once again in 2024. I hope Biden's win is enough for them for the next 12 years...lol

edit on 14-11-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Trump DID need to Run as Republican that is the exact reason he switched what box he checks from dem LEFT WING to Republican .
Funny that is all it took for every one to love him .

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Trump DID need to Run as Republican that is the exact reason he switched what box he checks from dem LEFT WING to Republican .
Funny that is all it took for every one to love him .

Funny thats all it took for everyone to hate him .

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Carry on.

I took it to mean that really the only reason any Republicans have won any seats or will win any seats is down to Trump.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Carry on.

That's nice but I'm not a Republican. I'm a Trumpist.

I support the Republican Party only as long as it acts as a loyal subsidiary of the larger Trump movement.

If, in 2024, I find myself living in Utah, the chance I'll vote to reelect Mitt Romney to the Senate is exactly zero.

If, in 2024, the GOP runs someone with the surname "Bush" for president, I'm more likely to vote for whatever hip, young 85 year-old the Democrats dig up as their candidate.

Take it or leave it. I don't care.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
John Kasich and Mitt Romney are both Senators. You might as well count them as Democrats on most issues. Republicans need that 52 (50) against the 48.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the Republicans need to win at least one Senate seat so they can block the Biden agenda (if he does get elected, which is still in doubt).

Democrats lost some of their House majority but history shows they rarely break ranks so their majority is still absolute. however Speaker Pelosi has lost a LOT of support with items like the 'defund the police' movement and the tv interview showing her ice cream freezer. people unemployed and hurting are not likely to view such with much positiveness.

very good chance four years of Biden would lead to the Republicans taking the House back in 2022.

and hopefully a Republican Senate will stop the proposed addition of D.C. and Puerto Rico as US states.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72
John Kasich and Mitt Romney are both Senators. You might as well count them as Democrats on most issues. Republicans need that 52 (50) against the 48.

1. John Kasich is not now, nor has he ever been, a member of the U.S. Senate. He last served in the U.S. Congress 20 years ago, as a member of the House.

2. Mitt Romney is a slug. However, despite his public posturing against Trump, he votes the GOP party line 82.1% of the time and is hardly a "Democrat on most issues."

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
the Republicans need to win at least one Senate seat so they can block the Biden agenda (if he does get elected, which is still in doubt).

Democrats lost some of their House majority but history shows they rarely break ranks so their majority is still absolute. however Speaker Pelosi has lost a LOT of support with items like the 'defund the police' movement and the tv interview showing her ice cream freezer. people unemployed and hurting are not likely to view such with much positiveness.

very good chance four years of Biden would lead to the Republicans taking the House back in 2022.

and hopefully a Republican Senate will stop the proposed addition of D.C. and Puerto Rico as US states.

Agreed. The Rats excel at party discipline. They could have a 1-seat majority and still be safe. Shaving their majority down to 10 seats was a great accomplishment but anything less than a 20-seat Republican majority is insufficient.

I agree about D.C. Puerto Rico is not as much of an issue for me from the perspective of balance of power. I think it would be mildly competitive, based on the fact that the conservative Partido Nuevo Progresista virtually has a monopoly on the government in PR. I do have an issue with incorporation of Puerto Rico from the standpoint of development, namely, that it would instantly be the poorest state in the Union upon incorporation.
edit on 14-11-2020 by WildBillX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join