It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Here ONCE If You'd Pay for ATS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne
I would pay a reasonable monthly subscription fee (@ $10)...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah ditto, some sort of monthly subscription etc
a reply to: tanstaafl

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
YES I would pay. $10. -15 per month.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have paid for ATS.

I've bought half a dozen T-shirts, put over a decade of my time into moderating, and even dedicated years to the research project.

Heck, my crazy fingers even clicked more than a few advertising banners, all in the name of helping ATS.

Just wish I could do more.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I rescind my original offer. No way in hell will I support a forum that will delete comments by some members while letting other people say the same exact things in the same threads repeatedly.

This place has been filled with shills and shill supporters who are here to push their agenda.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
He's so two faced if you aren't kissing his ass.

Of whom do you speak?

I must have missed something along the way.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Not sure what ATS's "operations" consist of.

There are many Hosting Providers that would host this site for no more than $1k a year, secured as well.(and that's being overly generous).

Are the mods volunteer?

I don't see what overhead this site has...

Disclaimer: I've developed websites and dealt with SEO, so, not just talking out my a$$...

Maybe there's something i'm missing?

You are talking out yer ass without a long term knowledge of what you know nothing about. And we've taken hits, DOS attacks , more and maintainance....etc

Read old threads here from a couple years back when we crashed, restructured....bout killed us. More than once.

There are multiple platforms, servers, storage, bandwidth and 300,000 members, all their posts, threads....so...

I'd invite you back after you read about the costs the last time. Until then...you don't get how deep this goes.

But, you're new. So, there's that....best

And the mods don't get paid

Ok.

I have been around since those issues. Just because this username is new doesn't mean I am.

Let's talk specifics from a technical standpoint.

Multiple platforms? Like? Hosting providers don't provide that?

Security? You're kidding right? You have a Site Certificate to show me how secure this site is? No?

300000 users? Oh you mean in total, ever? Yes, there is some storage required for the content, but please let's be honest about active users.

DOS, DDOS? Come on, really? Are you saying that ATS has hired RT personnel to monitor that?

You've heard of firewalls right?

Anyway, I thought hosting the site would be an easy and cheap solution. Let someone else deal with all the technical stuff, so the owners can concentrate on users and content, no?

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There are many Hosting Providers that would host this site for no more than $1k a year, secured as well.(and that's being overly generous).

Are the mods volunteer?

Disclaimer: I've developed websites and dealt with SEO, so, not just talking out my a$$...

You are talking out yer ass without a long term knowledge of what you know nothing about. And we've taken hits, DOS attacks , more and maintainance....etc

Read old threads here from a couple years back when we crashed, restructured....bout killed us. More than once.

There are multiple platforms, servers, storage, bandwidth and 300,000 members, all their posts, threads....so...

I'd invite you back after you read about the costs the last time. Until then...you don't get how deep this goes.

Ok.

I have been around since those issues. Just because this username is new doesn't mean I am.

Security? You're kidding right? You have a Site Certificate to show me how secure this site is? No?

300000 users? Oh you mean in total, ever? Yes, there is some storage required for the content, but please let's be honest about active users.

DOS, DDOS? Come on, really? Are you saying that ATS has hired RT personnel to monitor that?

Anyway, I thought hosting the site would be an easy and cheap solution. Let someone else deal with all the technical stuff, so the owners can concentrate on users and content, no?

Just my 2 cents.

I'd respectfully say it's worth less than a cent.

If you been incognito and back like a lot of us...then you just skewed every single point.

You know exactly about the Sec Cert, DOS attacks past...current as opposed to what and whereas...

So lets speak real, huh? I will not troll...but the truth underlying it all...is obvious to all long standing members ...not you.

Respectfully

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
$10 to $15

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Are the mods volunteer?

Ok.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd respectfully say it's worth less than a cent.

If you been incognito and back like a lot of us...then you just skewed every single point.

You know exactly about the Sec Cert, DOS attacks past...current as opposed to what and whereas...

So lets speak real, huh? I will not troll...but the truth underlying it all...is obvious to all long standing members ...not you.

Respectfully

Ok.

The coherency of your post explains it.

The issue is Technical and Financial.

It has nothing to do with "longstanding members".

If it's above your head, just, admit it.

Carry on...

edit on 6/26/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Always someone explainingbto us..about...us. ATS.

Clueless, friend.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've been MIA for a bit but would be willing to pay $10/15 a month for a subscription based service to help keep ATS alive and kicking.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

Always someone explainingbto us..about...us. ATS.

Clueless, friend.

Wow.

Please quote me explaining anything?

Also, please quote anything from yourself in our little exchange that isn't completely arrogant and unhelpful...

ATS indeed...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yep

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would chip in. This is my go to site for denying ignorance! Long live ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm good for 10-12 a month. However, that would assume there are compelling threads here, and not political BS. More UFOs,Skinwalker Ranch, Ghost stories and just weird $iit

There are so many intelligent folks here who do their research and put a lot of time and effort into their posts and their conclusions

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
+1

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No more than a tenner GBP

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I mostly lurk. I would pay.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join