It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cases surge in Florida where governor opposes another shutdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I don't get your point. Did they stop mixing test results? Is that why testing rates haven't seemed to have increased much since the end of May?

No, they STARTED mixing test results on May 15. They are currently mixing test results.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It would be like being forced to go vegan.

"Oh, but it will add four or five years to your life ...!"

"Yes, but I want to enjoy my life and those years!"

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Look at the state of Beijing?

Happy travels people.

Personally, if your R rate is anywhere over 1 i would stay home, else you run the risk of a load of sick and dying people overwhelming your health care establishments in even greater numbers.

It's not rocket science, just chemistry and biology 101.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What is the error rate on that test? Something like 50/50?
No, I think it's somewhat better than that, at least for the viral tests. But false negatives have been shown to be a problem, if anything. False positives not so much.

then testing anyone is simply shoving something up their nose to make them suffer needlessly
I have not had anything shoved up my nose.

edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, they STARTED mixing test results on May 15.

Are you sure about that? Antibody testing began in Florida on May 6th. Can you provide the "unmixed" data prior to May 15?
news.yahoo.com...

Ok, so they are still mixing results. Got it. That's probably not a good idea.

edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I don't know why people don't understand that you cannot remain closed for 2 years, which is what it might take to have "no covid" cases left. The governor made the right decision.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The economy is starting to recover, better whip out the COVID fearmongering. Nevermind the media and liberals ignored it during the last 3 weeks of protests. So damn predicatable.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The COVID tests used by everyone in the state of Texas that I have seen requires a qtip to be shoved up your nose, twisted around once it gets to the back of the throat. Pulled out just a little bit, then done again. Meanwhile you try to not sneeze and wipe the tears out of your eyes while this is happening.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. I am aware of the procedure.

If I were to display COVID symptoms, I would not hesitate to be tested. A colonoscopy is much worse. I've done that.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
akk try a polyp aka A colonoscopy while cutting out the growth a bat followed by a sword on a liquid diet for 6 months and could not even look at Roast beef for years .
But it can get worse MUCH MUCH worse Try eye damage then a cornea transplant that is rejected then the eye disintegration in your head like night of the living dead .

all The while begging the doctor for nine months TAKE THE EYE OUT Only worse pain i can immage is 3rd degree burns !

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

It would be like being forced to go vegan.

"Oh, but it will add four or five years to your life ...!"

"Yes, but I want to enjoy my life and those years!"

The last years of your life usually suck, why would anyone want to extend those years. I knew a lot of healthy looking guys in their sixties that had a heart attack and died, they ate pretty good food also, hardly any junk food and lots of fish in their diet. They were not even chubby, in fact the ones who had a few pounds extra on them seem to live a little longer and the majority of them never had diabetes. They never even went to the doctor very much and lived well into their seventies and eighties, eventually getting pretty skinny when they hit the eighty mark.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Pretty simplistic answer but of course if you cease testing the problem will seem to go away. If you don't look at your faucet dripping does that mean that it doesn't leak any more? I think not.
The reason there are more positive test then negative tests is just that more people have been exposed to the virus with little or no effect. It really isn't about who tests positive but the number of people being sick and going to the hospital and dying. Which has been falling for some time now.
As to the CDC, Well these are the only people were supposed to listen to on any reaction we may have to the virus.
As far as Texas is concerned. I would say the exception proves the rule. Will there be some increases in hospitalizations in some locations? Yes. However, the rate of hospitalizations and death have fallen and continue to fall all across the nation. This is good news for almost everyone!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Cases are "surging" because more people are getting tested only to find they have it or have had it. As more test become available, the more people will test positive. Deaths however haven't surged, only proving that the percent of people who did from the virus is getting way low compared to number of cases

That's because deaths occur with a 3-4 week lag.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical
Then deaths should never have declined.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
If they stay home then they are safe.. what's the problem with that?

It wasn't a problem before, but in 2020 the world collectively lost its mind and, more importantly, perspective.

Cue the inevitable "Hospital capacity" argument... and around and around we go in circles forever more...

A second lock-down? Sure, why not? What does it matter anymore? The incalculable damage has already been done by the first, and is still to be felt in full, especially when furloughs vanish.

We may as well nail the coffin shut.

F# it. We're finished anyway, and the pro-lock-downers can sit amongst the chaos and financial rubble with a satisfied smug grin, somehow believing they "won".

And they won't even have an ATS in existence to bray about it online.

edit on 18-6-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Floridians are going to be up to their eyeballs in hospitalizations. I feel bad for the doctors and nurses that are gonna have to deal with the situation because of their dumb ass governor. Good luck Florida you're gonna need it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I feel bad for the doctors, nurses, and other careworkers that are also going to develop the disease and get sick or die down their dumb ass governor and POTUS nonessential rallies.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
June 20: Tracking COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Fatalities

This data is last updated on the 18th so hopefully it hasn't changed much.

But as new cases climb in Florida; new hospitalizations are flat and new deaths are still declining.

So some good news with the bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
a reply to: andy06shake

It is truly amazing how the virus has managed to stay away from all the nonessential riots and protests that the left supported. Until we see a spike in not only cases, but more importantly hospitalizations and deaths (which should have happened by now, since they started about four weeks ago), the lockdowns are clearly all bullsquat.

a reply to: DanDanDat

Even Governor DeSantis said that many of the new cases are younger people who are either barely or completely symptomatic.

Also, they speak of hospitalizations going up, but they don't seem to differentiate between China Virus cases and people coming in for routine or other emergent illnesses requiring that level of care. For example, there is a smaller hospital near us that has six ICU beds. All were full at the end of last week, however only two were China Virus related.
edit on 6/21/2020 by cmdrkeenkid because: Typo.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

But as new cases climb in Florida; new hospitalizations are flat and new deaths are still declining.

Your source shows that hospitalizations have been rising since early June. Deaths are known to lag, for obvious reasons.

DeSantis is no longer claiming that the increase in cases is due to increased testing.
edit on 6/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join