It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cases surge in Florida where governor opposes another shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes. A decline during the period testing was increasing. That makes sense. Follow my posts in this thread to see if I disagree.

Sure. Let's wait another three weeks. To find out if the infection rate has increased with the relaxation of mitigation measures. Do you really think it won't?

I don't know what it will do with the relaxation of mitigation measures.

But waiting and seeing what happens is the only logical corse of action. You wouldn't want to make bad decisions based on misinterpreted statistical data.

Certainly don't want to needlessly frighten the general public by running articles about how their is a SURGE when the data doesn't yet back up that claim.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Is your life more important than theirs?

Is yours?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

But waiting and seeing what happens is the only logical corse of action.
Said the skier to the snowball.

There has been an increase here. I see no one running in circles but I do see people saying, "oh, maybe we should rethink things a bit."

edit on 6/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

They can stay home.

So simple. So very simple.

No, they can't "stay home." I can't. You can't.

EXACTLY! so we are all going to be exposed to it at one point or another. Personally I would rather get it and see what happens. It beats worrying about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yeah. We know that's what best for you is best for all.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Is yours?

Of course not. So I'd they can man up and do what has to be done then I owe it to them to do the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

They can choose to live and stay inside.

Tell that to the folks in nursing homes who "stayed put."

And contracted it and died.

People still have to work to make your food, deliver it to the grocery, ring it up, provide you with electricity, heating and cooling, phones, internet, etc.

Exactly. Contradiction, much? So staying home is not a feasible option, now is it?

Is your right to go out without a mask and put people at risk more important than their right to safely go out and not be infected selfish jerks?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Of course not. So I'd they can man up and do what has to be done then I owe it to them to do the same.

Yeah.
Macho is the ticket.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Stay inside then, stay isolated if your afraid of
catching a virus. You know those scary virus things
that circulate all year every year.

NO one is forcing you to expose yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

People still have to work to make your food, deliver it to the grocery, ring it up, provide you with electricity, heating and cooling, phones, internet, etc.

Exactly. Contradiction, much? So staying home is not a feasible option, now is it?

Is your right to go out without a mask and put people at risk more important than their right to safely go out and not be infected selfish jerks?

Did I say I didn't wear a mask?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Stay inside then,

No.
But I will limit my exposure the best I am able. Because I understand how probabilities work.
And I will wear a mask when called for. Not to protect myself, but to protect others.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Covid, is one hell of a weapon, and more than meets the eye. Let us not be distracted from the whole picture. Riots have occured and most precautions we were following, are null and void. Technically in a sense whatever good perhaps could have come out of staying at home, has been tarnished. On the other hand, covid, is being used as a weapon, in politics no coincidence now news reports are declaring increase in cases etc. must pay attention to the boogie man now, the week, trump, has a rally scheduled. How convenient. Covid does not exist in riots and protest, but shame on trump for having a rally.

Mankind as a whole is sick, and greedy, covid, is either a freak nature accident or part of a very intelligent mind’s creation to outline mankind’s demise. Unity, compassion, empathy etc. as a whole without a gain it’s null and void these days. It’s the world we built. Keep your sense of humor if you have it. 😛
edit on 16-6-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not locking down again.

Once was enough for my kiddo. He's going to a celebratory end of lockdown party this Friday, and it's not happening all over again.

It just isn't.

EDIT

Before anyone REEEES over it. They are still taking precautions, but yeah, he'll be playing lasar tag.
edit on 16-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yeah.
Macho is the ticket.

It is nothing to do with being Macho. It's about being realistic and not being fearful. Sure you make an effort to be safe but really you aren't 100 safe.

I never said I don't wear a mask or go out of my way to get closer than six feet. I am not irresponsible, but people have to work and live.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It is nothing to do with being Macho.

Sorry. I must have misunderstood:

What is it that you do which is so necessary to the public good which requires you to "man up" and expose yourself to infection (while also exposing others to yourself)?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Laser.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Because I understand how probabilities work.
And I will wear a mask when called for. Not to protect myself, but to protect others.

So why would you be wearing a mask to protect others
if you not sick? Probabilities and all that you know....

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I may be an asymptomatic carrier. I have never been tested.
Have you?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: Liquesence

Did I say I didn't wear a mask?

Did I say you said you didn't? It was posed as a question.

Care to address the rest of the post?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

But waiting and seeing what happens is the only logical corse of action.
Said the skier to the snowball.

There has been an increase here. I see no one running in circles but I do see people saying, "oh, maybe we should rethink things a bit."

Saying "oh, maybe we should rethink things a bit." in a vacuum is not indicative of a pragmatic approach.

What are the control limits that were breached that caused the new level of caution? Continues data always fluctuates up and down; it is never constant. There will always be times where the data increases and you can't keep changing your course of action every time that occurs. What is the threshold of possible increase in new cases that makes us want to maybe rethink things?
edit on 16-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join