It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wears KKK hood to grocery store

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh, while I am here, the question was raised in the OP about could anyone say something good about the KKK. I can. Not since the War of Northern Aggression; things went a little awry about that time and it was taken over by some seriously racist folks with a lot of anger burning in them. Been all bad since then. But the KKK existed well before that war, and they were originally started to stand up for the poor and downtrodden against TPTB. Yep, it's true.
a reply to: TheRedneck

Can you provide a link to some type or article that talks about this or source??

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

So what do you care then, what is point of the thread, you seem to have your mind made up, there is no need to discuss further, just want to check your other thoughts still stand though

How about freedom to marry who people choose? is that still a no no

and you also added this generalisation, which covers more than just the sikh who you were angry about

It is just unfathomable how we cater to every and any group in this country.

So certain groups can be catered for but not others, just the ones you agree with, well that seems fair

To each their own

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

He shouldn't be shopping in public with his identity concealed. It poses a threat to the staff.

We are living in a time where society , people, states are telling people to wear a mask.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

In America, citizens have rights and liberties. But i don't think that anyone should have the right to be a d***.

What people don;t have a right to be d***? what about the guy who cuts you off on the side of the road, what about the person who cuts in the grocery line, the person who bumps into you and doesnt say excuse me?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Like rappers and the N word, this gentleman was taking the power out of the mask
a reply to: SKEPTEK

No, I think that is a little to far. I dont think he is doing that.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So what do you care then, what is point of the thread, you seem to have your mind made up, there is no need to discuss further, just want to check your other thoughts still stand though
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

the point of this thread which I thought I mentioned in the first sentence of the OP, is to have a rights disucssion. With whats going on currently with indiidual liberties being restricted it got me thinking about rights. and if there is a limit to our rights?

Ofcourse this dude is racist and probably saw this as an excuse of some kind. thats easy. I want to have a discussion on rights. no mattter how hateful a person's words are do they have a right to say them?

Does aperson's fredom of expression get taken away because the many think that its to extereme or hateful?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I've researched several lines of my family back to the 1700s. The first men with my surname to set foot in North America settled in the WV/KY/VA area. He later went back to England and never arrived... lost at sea.

Three of his grandchildren (or was it great-grandchildren?), cousins, fought in the Revolutionary War. One never returned home to his new wife.

I've taken other lines back to Cherokee tribes, still others back to the Black Dutch. I found one... count 'em, one... reference to slavery. It is a letter from a section of the family that moved out to Texas. An epidemic of some sort of flu had hit, and the letter went down the list, family member by family member, telling who had died, who was sick, who was dying, and who was still able to get around. The list didn't stop with family members, though... it continued, naming their slaves and how they were being cared for. The sickest ones had been moved into the main house and were in beds normally occupied by family members. Their black slave housekeepr had died, and the children were in tears over her passing.

And still I hear how all slaves were beaten and treated like cattle. No, they weren't. Slavery was wrong, is still wrong, but it wasn't the way people today try to picture it. My grandfather was one of the last sharecroppers in this area; he was treated like a slave, or in some ways worse than a slave, quite regularly. He did as he was told to do, or he starved. He never owned anything in his life of value. When he died, my father took my grandmother in and she bought her first home: a small mobile home she parked in front of our house. She literally didn't know how to act... she had never owned a home before.

I could go on for days with the stories about my ancestors and how they lived, how the politics and poverty kept them down, how many of them died young. But I think what I have related suffices to make my point: what many people think they know about the Old South and slavery and racism just ain't true... not even close to true.

So keep spreading the truth. Don't let these brave souls be forgotten.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Can you provide a link to some type or article that talks about this or source??

At the moment, no. I am relating things that aren't necessarily in a website. My information comes, again, from family stories, talks with my grandparents, and written records that allude to how things were. The Internet is a great resource, but there is still information that has not been digitized.

That said, I'll do a little searching later. Maybe someone did put it online... if I find it, I'll give the link.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What people don;t have a right to be d***? what about the guy who cuts you off on the side of the road

Reckless driving. Criminalized by American law.

what about the person who cuts in the grocery line

Should be criminalized due to being a d***

the person who bumps into you and doesnt say excuse me?

"Battery is a type of criminal charge that involves the unauthorized application of force against another person's body, which results in offensive touching or actual physical injury. ... This means that battery is usually punishable by criminal fees and/or actual time spent in jail (usually less than one year)"

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well I do not wear masks, will not wear one, but if when somebody ask me to wear one, I carry a pair of underwear in my pocket, I will take them out and put them on my face and will ask it that is good enough.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well I do not wear masks, will not wear one, but if when somebody ask me to wear one, I carry a pair of underwear in my pocket, I will take them out and put them on my face and will ask it that is good enough.

And Ill give you 50 bucks if you have someone film it.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I will, I do carry them in my pocket, I go for walks everyday as the gyms are still close in my area, viruses do not do well in fresh air and heat, a lady walking with a mask asked me why I wasn't wearing a mask, use science to explain and kept walking, but I was ready to pull my underwear.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

ok look.
how would you feel if there was a dude in the grocery store wearing a shirt that said "i'm going to kill American-philosopher"?
and also that it wasn't just one dude, there were lots of dudes with those shirts
and they had a long history of murdering people with the username American-philosopher in terrible ways
and it was understood that they weren't as powerful as a group anymore as they once were
but that a lot of people in positions of power still have this shirt hanging up at the back of their closet
and that they're secretly very proud of it and hope to get a chance to actually kill you one day

like don't just wave that off, think for a minute about how you'd really feel about talking about his 'rights' to wear that.
people talk about it like it's something big and complicated but it really isn't.
the only way we're going to get anywhere as a society is if this sort of thing is actually stopped.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If a black person had shot him and then said he/she feared for their lives would it have taken 2 month plus, before he/she got arrested and charged??

See this is where ...yes I'ma saay it, that oft denied "White privilege" lifts her skirt for all to see, this in the same America where a socialized Black man, can be murdered for wearing a freaking hoodie while visiting his dad , because he looked "suspect " while A man wearing a gwaad damned KKK hood should not invoke fear into others, never mind the fact , they are the oldest terrorist group in the nation.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
...viruses do not do well in fresh air and heat...

With respect, please explain Brazil.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Holy cow, where you been? Welcome back.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
You have a man wearing a KKK hood at a grocery store ( I am wondering if he is doing this in somehow defiance of the mask/face covering policy?) My question is does this individual have a right to wear this hood/mask?

Of course he does. He always has.

But that doesn't mean he won't be persecuted for it anyway.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
ok, why would you argue in favour of someones right to do this, you value freedom to offend over common decency,

Contrary to popular myth, you do not have a 'right' to not be offended.

And your comment exposes your woefully nonexistent comprehension of what constitutes a Right, and a failed understanding of the meanings of Liberty and Freedom.

Typical of those coming out of the public fool system the last 40 or so years.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Your assumption exposes your woefully nonexistent comprehension of who went to public school in America

And as per the OP i was offering an argument against it also showing their own hypocrisy with other threads they have created

Regarding freedom to marry who one chooses and their other quote

It is just unfathomable how we cater to every and any group in this country.

double standards by the OP it would seem

to each their own

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: tanstaafl
Your assumption exposes your woefully nonexistent comprehension of who went to public school in America

Your response exposes your inability to participate in a free flowing forum discussion.

Regarding freedom to marry who one chooses and their other quote

I couldn't care less what kind of private contracts people engage in.

I do however claim the Right to not be forced at gunpoint to ratify, bless, or even recognize them as 'official'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join