It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wears KKK hood to grocery store

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Bigots huh?

bigot - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

You realize that fits pretty much everybody, right?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
He wore it to get a fear-inducing reaction. It's just a sh!tty thing to do.

Sort of like taking an AR-15 to Walmart?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pretty much how I see it as well. He's probably shopped there for a long time and never hurt anyone.

Just goes to show that the old saying rings true... What you don't know won't hurt you.

I use that quite often, especially when I eat fast food.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Must be nice. I forgot to cut holes in mine. I'll give it a try later after i put it on.

PM checked.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yeah it was stupid. But it doesn't prove that he's a racist just because he chose a retarded looking KKK hood to wear in the store.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Like rappers and the N word, this gentleman was taking the power out of the mask.

edit on 7-5-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well, I don't like to bring politics into history... but in this case, yeah... it was the Democratic party that created and then corrupted the KKK into what we know. We weren't exactly overrun with Republicans back then (for their own good at that time in the South).

Of course, it was the Republican party that created all the anger in the first place. Can't leave that little factoid out. People get angry when their homes are destroyed, their crops burnt, their women raped and killed, and their children and elderly killed in cold blood to "save" people that are then left behind to starve.

Many things changed after that war. The echoes of that terrible time in our history still ring through our society today.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I noticed that you left the politics out and figured there was a reason behind it. Those echoes you speak of are slowly fading as revisionists try to erase our history, unfortunately.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I doubt very seriously you have ever seen a real racist after reading that post. Seriously. Have you ever met someone who was really a racist?

I have. I am old enough to remember a time when black folk and white folk didn't meet. I had a great uncle who once told me that "black folk are OK and we should all be good to them. It's not their fault they aren't as advanced as us." He was serious. I have known people who would leave a bar if someone with dark skin walked in, because "it ain't right to mix the races." I have seen people run out of homes because they dared live in the wrong area of town.

My first schoolhouse I ever knew was burned to the ground over integration. My black friends growing up were forbidden to come to my home, and I was forbidden to go to theirs.

You dilute the horrors of actual racism every time you choose to use that term to refer to someone who looks like they disagree with you on something. Everything you see is not racist. This hood (as has been pointed out pretty well) is not a KKK hood... it is a homemade parody, and a poor one at that. But even a homemade poor parody is apparently enough to get some people who don't even know what it is they are angry at all up in arms.

It reminds me of the old blond joke...

A blond was driving down the road one day when she saw another blond sitting in the middle of a field in a rowboat, trying (and failing) to row. The blond stopped her car, got out, and yelled, "You're stupid! This is what gives us blondes a bad name! And if I could swim, I'd come out there and beat you for it!"

Don't be the blond... either one...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Bigots huh?

bigot - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

You realize that fits pretty much everybody, right?

Ah, I gotta remember to me more literal. LMFTFY, racists, sexists, homophobes, so on and so forth. My bad.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Quite unfortunately... but then again, some of that history should be relegated to the annals of the museums.

But never forgotten. No history should ever be forgotten. To forget is to demand that we relive it. Those who rip down statues seem to want to relive those days; I do not.

That's why I regularly post that information... so people like you will know, and can pass that information on in your own way and time. I learned about it from my relatives who learned about it from theirs, verified through obscure historical sources... old letters, memoirs, diaries, even scribblings in family Bibles from long ago. I love discovering Southern history because it is so full of surprises, so applicable to today, and so intertwined with my own family history.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Those words get thrown around too much and they lose their weight more and more with every misuse. Have you ever met a real racist? Sexist? Homophobe?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Advantage
I agree with several of the other posters. As a non white I say... let him wear it. Let the blacks wear the black power fist thing. I also say let the Redskins keep the name. Have at celebrating genoci... erm.. I mean Thanksgiving. Let people do what they will and be judged accordingly. Let the god hates fags folks babble on and all the rest.

But that is only you, dear Advantage. You give an impression of being a strong person. From between your ears.

Everyone is not like that. KKK hood can offend someone. Make someone scared. In my books, that is seriously NOT cool.

Nah, not particularly I dont think. I just dont understand the NEED to be hurt and offended over everything. I dont go home and cry or kick anyones ass for wearing an "indian princess" costume for Halloween. I also dont WANT others to be hurt though, I just dont understand why they would be hurt over some dumb cracker wearing a hood in 2020. He also has no peripheral vision in that hood.. chuck an onion at him if youre scared.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm definitely going to pass it on. I've read the family history on my mom's side. It started in the 1700's when the first Northcut family arrived here and stops in the 1950's. I have a lot of American Revolution ancestors and Confederates. No mentions of slavery though. You can also Google Altamont, TN and read the Wiki on it, you'll see my 4th great grandfather in there.

This is a little piece out of the family history that happened when the WoNA was happening...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That's racist... Why you gotta call it an onion???

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

That's racist... Why you gotta call it an onion???

Layered smelly apple??

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Why is a grocery store kicking him out breaking his constitutional right of freedom of expression? It's sad the KKK is still around.

We could call that form of dress inflammatory, and so the store could ask him to leave. Same as if I walked around with a big Fu** You! printed on a T-shirt... The store can refuse service. Its kind of the old no shoes, no shirt, no service thing.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Those words get thrown around too much and they lose their weight more and more with every misuse. Have you ever met a real racist? Sexist? Homophobe?

I agree and so people become desensitized to them and when they are really used correctly people just ignore it.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

why would freedom to wear such a garment be valued above not being downright derogatory and offensive to a huge swath of society? If violence was to start from it and a fight break out I suppose the Afro American would be a fault?
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Because I want the freedom to wear what I want. If I decide to wear a che guvara shirt and someone find that to be offensive or says that I am supporting a murderer for wearing that shirt. I should still have the right to wear that shirt because its me. its not the other person. Now if society as a whole give me grief for that, that is societies right to do so.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

He has a right to be an idiot..... like to see him wear that hood in a Chicago grocery store.
a reply to: CraftyArrow

RIGHT!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join