It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Initiating Pandemic Plans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere else and felt it was worthy of discussion.

Is this the DoD setting framework for martial law should there be a large scale outbreak in the US?

I'd love to hear from the better versed military minds here on ATS.

U.S. MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS
Date Signed: 2/12/2020 | MARADMINS Number: 082/20

....REF G IS DOD INSTRUCTION 6055.17 DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM, WHICH OUTLINES REQUIREMENTS TO MANAGE PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCIES IAW THE PROVISIONS OF THE INSTRUCTION. REF H IS OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE WHICH CONTAINS OVERARCHING INFORMATION ON THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS. REF I IS GLOBAL CAMPAIGN PLAN 3551, WHICH DIRECTS USNORTHCOM TO EXECUTE ITS PANDEMIC PLAN AND SUPPORTING GEOGRAPHIC COMBATANT COMMANDS TO EXECUTE THEIR PANDEMIC PLANS IN RESPONSE TO THE NCOV OUTBREAK. REF J IS MCO 3440.8A, INSTALLATION CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR AND HIGH YIELD EXPLOSIVE (CBRNE) PREPAREDNESS, WHICH PROVIDES ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE ON THE PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT OF BIOLOGICAL THREATS. REF K IS HQMC RESPONSE TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK EXORD WHICH PROVIDES AMPLIFYING COORDINATION INFORMATION. REF L IS MCO 3504.2A, OPERATIONS EVENT INCIDENT REPORT (OPREP-3) REPORTING. POC/CHRISTOPHER BURCH/CIV/UNIT: PP&O PS PSP IP/TEL: (703) 692-4491/NIPR E-MAIL: [email protected]//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation.
1.A. General.
1.A.1. Commanders will take specific actions to review and validate Disease Containment Plans to prepare for and respond to a potential occurrence of the 2019 Novel (New) Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
1.A.2. The current threat of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus has raised concern that this virus could result in a pandemic disease. In such a scenario, nCoV could spread, infecting U.S. personnel, and threaten the operational readiness of the U.S. Marine Corps.
1.A.3. The Marine Corps’ response to a pandemic outbreak focuses on five major areas: 1) Force Health Protection (FHP); 2) Disease Containment Planning (DCP) and Readiness; 3) Continuity of Operations (COOP); 4) Defense Support of Civilian Authorities (DSCA); and 5) Support to U.S. Government response efforts.
1.B. Background.
1.B.1. An outbreak of a new (novel) coronavirus is rapidly evolving, but currently poses a LOW RISK to personnel located in CONUS. The 2019-nCoV is a viral respiratory disease related to Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Symptoms of 2019-nCoV may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
1.B.2. Chinese health authorities identified 2019-nCoV as the cause of the pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan, China. There are confirmed cases in over 20 countries, including the United States, with validated cases in Arizona, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Washington State, and Wisconsin, with one reported death of an American citizen in China.
1.B.3. The U.S. State Department issued a LEVEL 4 DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to China on 30 January 2020. The World Health Organization (WHO) has categorized risk as VERY HIGH for China, and HIGH globally, and declared that nCoV constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
1.B.4. Although the United States Government, in conjunction with private industry, is conducting research to identify protocols that may treat the 2019-nCoV disease, there are no U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved treatments at this time. Standard treatment for 2019-nCoV includes prompt implementation of recommended infection prevention and control measures and supportive management of complications. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a person under investigation for 2019-nCoV infection should be isolated, and healthcare professionals, and local or state health departments, should be notified immediately.
1.B.5. Presently, the U.S. Marine Corps is planning, conducting routine surveillance, and commencing engagement activities, to assure and solidify collaborative relationships, and inform all personnel, to be prepared for disease containment operat...

Source

Military Times

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

I don't think they would be doing their jobs if they didn't prepare.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I completely agree.

MSM and State level CDC are still downplaying this though.

This to me looks like a sign of the level of discussion happening behind closed doors.

Surely this won't be reported to the masses.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It only makes sense for the US to prepare for the potential of a pandemic given the current situation.

I imagine most countries are preparing their military to enforce martial law given how contagious this virus is, and how many will likely need to be quarantined to stop its spread in the case that large cases start popping up.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't think people realize just how serious this Corona virus is. No immunity is developed for this virus. People can catch it over and over again & it can survive inanimate environments for up to 28 days. In China, 18.5% of the people who catch it, die. I'm wondering what the death rate is for people who catch it more than once. One can tell its serious because MSM isn't covering it with the same drama they covered other viruses in the past. It will probably destroy global/local economies & supply chains eventually. Be prepared for the worse. If one catches it and is quarantined & recovers, they cannot return to where they were quarantined for 1 month, until the virus dies in inanimate environments. Imagine being quarantined on a cruise ship or hospital catching it over and over again. It can also be transmitted through sewage system pipes. In Fort Lauderdale, FL we've been having berween 3-10 sewer line breaks per month, which have been flooding neighborhoods with sewage.
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 13-2-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sooner it warms up outside the better. OOPS We're headed into a global cooling stage for the next 50 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
In China, 18.5% of the people who catch it, die. /quote]

Wait a minute , are you sure 18.5% die ?

Coronavirus Cases: 60,411 TOTAL

Active Cases : 52,751 Currently Infected Patients . 44,708 (85%) in Mild Condition and 8,043 (15%)Serious or Critical

Closed Cases: 7,660 Cases which had an outcome. 6,290 (82%) Recovered / Discharged and 1,370 (18%) Deaths

To me it look`s like you are talking closed cases...and not total infected .

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We are pretty well stocked up again. It didn't take much buying to increase our freezer and pantry so we can eat a variety of different foods. I worry more about the panic that will overload the stores and cause a shortage of supplies in our area. People should always have enough food reserves in their home so their family can go two weeks minimum without having to go to the store. We have three months of supplies at all time in stock for our family and my two daughters families. That is about all we can rotate to keep waste down.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Normal, they see a potential issue so they make certain the steps required are know and in commands possession.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

I agree it is bad. Much worse than China is letting on. But... ...

it can survive on dry inanimate surfaces for up to 28 days.

Do you have a source?

In China, 18.5% of the people who catch it, die.

Do you have a source?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They have to use all those FEMA coffins for something other than decoration.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Worldometer corona shows like this :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

www.barbicide.com...
edit on 13-2-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Worldometer corona shows like this :

www.worldometers.info...

This is not 18% death rate.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeeh that was exactly my thought also

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

And still some people here downplaying it and saying it's all panic.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
For an 18% death rate just divide those that have recovered by those that have not, its pretty close with the official numbers at present. There are heaps of reporting issues going on at this time and for a preparedness mark it is a reasonable and responsible figure to prepare for. It might not be that bad, but it could also be worst, especially as the long term data comes in.

In time a clear picture of the actual figures will develop. One good and well reviewed recent paper to get a heads up:

Clinical characteristics of 2019 novel coronavirus infection in China

There is another thread going on for recent updates to the situation

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What is the average age of those infected?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't think they would be doing their jobs if they didn't prepare.

Woah rare agreement. The military has plans FOR everything. Heck they even have plan for the invasion fo Canukistan aka Operation Tim Hortons

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
I don't think people realize just how serious this Corona virus is. No immunity is developed for this virus. People can catch it over and over again & it can survive inanimate environments for up to 28 days. In China, 18.5% of the people who catch it, die. I'm wondering what the death rate is for people who catch it more than once. One can tell its serious because MSM isn't covering it with the same drama they covered other viruses in the past. It will probably destroy global/local economies & supply chains eventually. Be prepared for the worse. If one catches it and is quarantined & recovers, they cannot return to where they were quarantined for 1 month, until the virus dies in inanimate environments. Imagine being quarantined on a cruise ship or hospital catching it over and over again. It can also be transmitted through sewage system pipes. In Fort Lauderdale, FL we've been having berween 3-10 sewer line breaks per month, which have been flooding neighborhoods with sewage.

You can catch other types of flu over and over again too, the same with the common cold. They're viruses. Even the flu shot doesn't protect long-term. It's one thing to be prepared, it's another to be paranoid. Don't be paranoid, be prepared.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join