It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Initiating Pandemic Plans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Has a vaccine not been discovered already?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Realistically, would the military be able to do anything to help?

Look what happened with China. They lied. When there was less than 40 deaths, the Chinese government brought in "diggers". Diggers are usually only brought in on a pandemic when there's hundreds or thousands of deaths. Diggers are only brought in when there is a need for a mass burial.

Yet on January 24, China brought in "diggers" when they were claiming 41 or less deaths. They tried to disguise the "diggers" as part of an emergency makeshift hospital. But diggers are only brought in for mass burials.

The Chinese New Year celebrations were January 25, which made the outbreak 10 times worse.

And yet, America is sitting ducks. For 3 weeks, Wal-Mart has been sold out of surgical masks and breathing masks. As a Wal-Mart pharmacist explained, all shipments of masks were sent overseas. And walmart's back-order will not make it to the shelves. Also not available to the public.

So the general public is not capable of buying surgical masks or breathing masks in the stores. The only thing that the average American can buy is hand sanitizer and Lysol. Just don't think that's enough.

So what can the military do if all stores of masks are shipped overseas to China and Southeast Asia? An outbreak can't be stopped in the general public. Supplies are already gone before the epidemic.

All it takes is an outbreak in Mexico or Central America, then it hits the southwest and there's no stopping it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I keep saying this. People are not supposed to live packed together like sardines. What did people think was going to happen if something like this got started in a country with so many people you can't shake a stick without hitting someone?

People keep blaming the Chinese government for not doing enough to stop it. Whatever else the Chinese government may be (and I do not think totalitarian governments are generally good things) they kinda DID try with their 1 child policy (which was not really strict enough, TBH). That was them saying "Hey! We've got more people than we can handle here! You guys have got to stop having so many kids!"

But people thought that was horrible. To try and control overpopulation.

People need space to breathe and move. If you are living and breathing in a crowd comprised of millions of people, you're gonna eat anything they're secreting.

So this is overpopulation. The Chinese population is obviously far beyond the limits of what technology is capable of. Nobody cares until they think it might affect them. Right?
edit on 14-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

Realistically, would the military be able to do anything to help?

There's a lot the US Military can do.

They can keep order in the case of panic situations.

They can assist with the moving/relocating of the infected or of the dead.

Essentially, short of hurting other Americans, the military will do whatever is asked of them.

I was in the USMC from '83-'88.

We did whatever was asked of us. And we did it immediately, without question.

That's a very powerful tool in times like this.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
U.S. NORTHCOM Initiates Pandemic Plan

A quick 2 min video with some highlights of this topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this pandemic plan has been initiated in the past?

I know that US Northcom was established in 2002. It was in place for SARS (2003) and H1N1 (2009).

I wonder if there was similar action taken for either of those outbreaks.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
www.zerohedge.com...

www.barbicide.com...

Your 18.5% ratio is comparing deaths to recovered..... that's not the common death rate stat

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yes, some people don't understand how the US military works.

You think China magically made those hospitals from scratch?? I would bet they were in a warehouse somewhere. Military warehouse and I would bet every country has something.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
U.S. NORTHCOM Initiates Pandemic Plan

I would say that it starts with inventory and logistics. Lots of both and maybe move some stuff or prep for moving.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

If people did not develop an immunity from a virus it would kill them. Funny how much misinformation is out there. Did you know they have all ready started trials on a vaccine. If you dont develop an immune response how did they make a vaccine?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: JBIZZ
www.zerohedge.com...

www.barbicide.com...

Your 18.5% ratio is comparing deaths to recovered..... that's not the common death rate stat

It was 2.2 and dropping last time i looked. As more cases were being discovered the death rate drops. China appears to have been hiding how many truly had the virus. Then the other factor is population they are packed in so close transmission rates where higher. Most cities dont have near the population living in such confined spaces.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

No one is down playing anything.

This site is over dramatizing the whole thing.
Just like Ebola a few years back.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Where are you getting that information?
Zero Hedge?

No sorry just no.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Try some info without the drama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>