It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study

Take the time to go through this and get an understanding of just THIS teams findings

I think if nothing else, aside from speculating on what happens next, the best thing we can do is try and understand and connect the dots the best we can while monitoring the situation.

Doing things like reading the findings of different research teams that are ACTIVELY researching this outbreak at the highest levels possible are the reason humanity prevails.

We find patterns, trends, abnormalities, inefficiencies, benefits, all sorts of things. I read an article earlier that mentioned their research team had totally relied on word-of-mouth through what they’ve seen on forums on the Internet and social media to determine where their leads were going to be and I thought that was kind of inspirational to me, because that let me know that what we’re doing here is just as important even though we may not have the tools to dissect specimens in going check the genome patterns of things and what not we can still do things like discuss data trends and analyze things from a perspective that is completely unique to each individual. Which ultimately leads to findings and discoveries that then lead to an overall consensus among the science community of the planet.
edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
New suspected cases in Delaware, and Monterrey County CA, and 9 cases suspected in San Fran. Still sitting at 5 confirmed cases total in US with many (well over 100) under observation

maphub.net...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I never had time to go through 145 pages of posts this is a great tracker if it hasn't been posted.

CORONAVIRUS TRACKER

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
New suspected cases in Delaware, and Monterrey County CA, and 9 cases suspected in San Fran. Still sitting at 5 confirmed cases total in US with many (well over 100) under observation

maphub.net...

It's good to keep up with suspected cases, but remember, most of them are still false alarms. Let's hope it stays that way.

/fingers crossed

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There’s an Epoch Times article making rounds on Twitter amongst Chinese expats in USA and Canada. It’s in Chinese Here

The short points;
1. Virus could kill 1-2 million.
2. The CCP fears that this could cause the collapse of the regime and is preparing to defend 11 cities & sacrifice others.

I don’t have confirmation but Epoch Times is generally reliable and has good sources. They predicted Bo Xilai would get removed from power a few weeks before it happened is one example. They also highlighted an assassination attempt on Xi before he took office which was reported out of Taiwan and Singapore as well.

The source in the article is a well known media personality from Hong Kong who most likely has good sources of information inside the regime.
edit on 29-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Clarify add

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Also N95 masks are gone all over the country, suppliers are saying don't expect any until March now, I don't remember SARS being like this.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

My N95s came from Amazon today. MADE IN CHINA

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Worthless.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: IAMTAT

Worthless.

are we sure its worthless?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
India posting on Twitter they are arranging 2 flights to evacuate their citizens from quarantine areas. Working with Chinese govt to make it happen and it’s approved by CCP.

Good for India.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
India posting on Twitter they are arranging 2 flights to evacuate their citizens from quarantine areas. Working with Chinese govt to make it happen and it’s approved by CCP.

Good for India.

As long as all these flights evacuating these people, keep them under strict quarantine for the next 2 weeks.

If not, theyre potentially setting off bombs all over their countries

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi all! Long time lurker who has joined again to participate here.

Thank you all for your great updates, experience and insight.

edit on 29-1-2020 by NxNWest because: I am new and trying to figure this out..

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hello. I am not interested at all about this, but since others seem to be, and there is a thread like this, here is an update for you.

Finland

1 confirmed case

A traveler from Wuhan, Corona virus confirmed at the central hospital of Lapland in the city of Rovaniemi.

Stay alert if you want, but please avoid paranoia. Paranoia is not cool at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Honest question with respect to some of the twitter videos which I have seen referenced in this thread. Concerning the videos that briefly surfaced showing apartment buildings being barricaded, it looked as though they may have been buildings destined for demolition based on the signage (which I admittedly can not read) and potentially could have been taken prior to the virus outbreak. At the same time in one of the clips there was clearly someone on one of the balconies?.

Have these been verified (or hopefully debunked) as far as anyone knows?

Still very new to the site so not familiar with how to post a link but I'm sure people have seen what I am referring to.

-Fate

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: SailorJerry

Yep it’s all over news in between impeachment stuff here.

I see Canadian politicians are asking about the 100 people on the plane with the infected person flight CZ311.

Do you happen to have a source?
edit on 29-1-2020 by NxNWest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now I know nothing of viralogy or pandemics.. at least no more than high school biology, collegiate environmental science, and a few documentaries and educational series...

But..

Logically...

The things that seem to make this virus very unique is its long incubation period (12-14 days), and reportedly the ability for people to transmit this virus via air during that incubation period.

So in theory... the huge jump in cases... followed by this slowdown in transmission... could just be due to "peak" and "off peak" "infection events."

The five people here in the US that have been confirmed, were only confirmed just a few days ago.. before confirmed they could have been spreading the virus for days.

People who potentially caught it may not show symptoms for a whole nother week or so. Meanwhile those very same people could be infecting others.

The Quarantine of Wuhan and other major cities Im sure has... despite the narrative here... probably helped out ALOT in continued transmission. That being said... 2/3 of the reported 7,000 infected have been shedding virus for a week or so pre-quarrantine. The numbers may slow down and go relatively quiet for a week and a half.. then jump up catastrophically due being 12 days from quarantine day... when the cirus was in peak transmission.

We have no idea who has it and how far theyre carrying it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ktFate

I lived in China for over a decade. Those all look like normal apartments to me. Some are older than others.

I try to only post Twitter stuff that I see from multiple sources who I follow. In about 70% of Twitter links I see/find the videos on WeChat (Chinas Twitter) or my wife does (she’s Chinese). So I believe the barricade videos for the most part. I understand spoken Chinese well enough to verify most descriptions which match voices.

Hope that make sense. I’m not posting the more outlandish stuff, there’s plenty of that, which wife and I don’t believe.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Twitter

Twitter Again

There’s a bunch more.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The Virus is about 100nm in size. Will go right through that type of mask like it wasn't even there.
But, those masks are cheap cost so can't hurt.
It may give you some (luck) protection if someone infected spits/sneezes on you assuming a virus particle misses your eyes. You're more prone to catching it by your hands touching face, mouth, rubbing eyes. Wash hands often and lysol the hell out of your environment.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Any Brits around can tell me if Daily Mail is reliable or not?

They’ve been posting some stuff that if true is not good. I can’t seem to verify much of it so I haven’t used it. I did confirm 2 things from WeChat.

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join