It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but according to nyt, theres now more Corona virus than Sars.

link

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Heard that on Bloomberg about an hour and a half ago - they said they may be quarantined at the military base for up to 2 weeks (hopefully longer in my opinion!!!)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yep it’s all over news in between impeachment stuff here.

I see Canadian politicians are asking about the 100 people on the plane with the infected person flight CZ311.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

I'd say just go chill for a while, then come back. 1 post removal is nothing. All your other off-topic posts have remained. Maybe not for long. Maybe mine too lol.

edit on 29-1-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yea, it was in the news last night where the plane landed in Anchorage, AK for fuel. Early this morning the plane was destined for Ontario, CA but was diverted to March Air Reserve Base. I assume better quarantine facilities.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What if one of the real options we could have to decide on the future about this virus is to learn to live naturally with it...? For example couple of days ago I was dining a nice sushi with some friends, which two of them are doc's and a lady nurse, and I learned for instance the infamous h1n1 or what it calls, was called a demon because only in Brazil it caused about 3000 deaths around 1 decade ago , and nowadays its seems a very normal thing to live with it on normal medicine and science world..?
I really feel for those who are suffering with this tragedy and pray for a steady reversion in the coming days, but however I still think some people are more concerned about spreading Armageddon that focusing on the main issue with brain and calm consciousness... Peace, AD
edit on 29-1-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

Alright then. What are your findings?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

In the case of China, it's less about money and power than it is about culture.

At some point, someone said it was under control. So it is under control. Period. Stop. End of Sentence.

When you see officials in China start admitting they messed up, they disappear. They don't simply retire. They are disappeared. That's what happened during the melamine case where a bunch of dog and cat food was contaminated and pets died. Those responsible were disappeared, but it was called retirement or resigning.

They caused the businesses they were part of to lose face, and because of how China is structured economically and politically, they caused the country to lose face. So they were either buried so deep in prison no one ever saw them again, or they were executed.

China will hold on with this until they have no choice, and then you will see officials falling on their sword, but until then, everyone will be complicit in covering.

Because it is under control. To say otherwise is to lose face.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Possible case in Arkansas, possible case in Saskatchewan (hope I spelled that one right...) per maphub “ Fuuuuuuuu” resource

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Heard that on Bloomberg about an hour and a half ago - they said they may be quarantined at the military base for up to 2 weeks (hopefully longer in my opinion!!!)

yeah i heard it on Glenn Beck this morning when he was doing his show, apparently watching the plane land.

Wonder why this isnt all over the news

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

That’s pretty much what experts are starting to say at this point. It will burn through the population if it reaches pandemic levels similar to the Spanish flu. Once that happens it will just exist and slowly mutate like the common cold.

It’s not an end of the world scenario, not even close but it’s history in the making. Just like after the Spanish flu, we will refine public health standards and improve patient outcomes. It’s only a big deal because none of us are immune to the thing.
edit on 29-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

That’s pretty much what experts are starting to say at this point. It will burn through the population if it reaches pandemic levels similar to the Spanish flu. Once that happens it will just exist and slowly mutate like the common cold.

It’s not an end of the world scenario, not even close but it’s history in the making. Just like after the Spanish flu, we will refine public health standards and improve patient outcomes. It’s only a big deal because none of us are immune to the thing.

Maybe, unless it undergoes a mutation that makes it more deadly

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Might be just as well that it's not. There's enough hysteria going around without making this harder.

So long as they are properly isolated which is more than they did with people returning from Ebola hot zones, I can live without having their every move reported on. For one thing, we really don't need reporters near them. Unnecessary risk of infection if one of them does have it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think there’s a concerted effort in the US and many parts of world to downplay this so people don’t panic. Thank Walking Dead.

Part of me sees the logic and other part is like what are they hiding. I’m not happy with my states response especially after my coworker got sent home for 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Systematically the Chinese system of governance is built on the lie that the CCP and thus the state can continuously improve everything in China.

The people at the bottom are incentivized to report “right” numbers to the higher ups. Right meaning correct to the leaderships view on things.

Face plays a big role in Chinese society, one does not want to appear weak or a failure.

That’s the short version.

I can certainly understand that; and that would explain why China tried to cover up the virus at the start when it wasn't a potential world ending pandemic.

But in the now if China where to collapse over this than that is not the "right" outcome for their authoritarian government. In fact now they have every incentive to crush this virus in ways that would make locking families in their home look like a less authoritarian approach.

So why wouldn't they take that heavy handed approach? Over inflate the numbers; Look everyone in their homes "for their own protection"; murder all the people showing signs of the infection; Save the day and prove that the Authoritarian Goverment is the only thing that could stand up to such threats? More people would fall in line after that and they can enjoy their power for many years to come.

The opposite; continuing to down play information while the world burns to the ground around; doesn't make sense. Saving face doesn't amount to anything if your dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Maybe, unless it undergoes a mutation that makes it more deadly

Or the opposite and turns weaker...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I think there’s a concerted effort in the US and many parts of world to downplay this so people don’t panic. Thank Walking Dead.

Part of me sees the logic and other part is like what are they hiding. I’m not happy with my states response especially after my coworker got sent home for 2 weeks.

I can sort of understand that, but the practical side of me says, be truthful and make everyone aware so they can be prepared, doing anything other than that will just worsen the spread by people ignorant to what is going on, or SO SURE that it could never happen here that they spread it like wild fire.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I’ve been raising he same issue myself. The scale of this response is unprecedented in the world and it was fast.

After living there etc I know China well enough to say they were scared sh#tless of this. Look at how many hospitals they are still building.

More basic question I asked earlier... how can the numbers be right when everyone is quarantined at home? They can’t and by all accounts aren’t checking door to door for infectiosn and deaths.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I hope not, the last thing we need is it to become more severe, at least that should lower the transmission rates.

There are reports that in addition to a vaccine, they are developing a monoclonal antibody that will prevent it from replicating in the host.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
the numbers/stats seem to have paused again at 7816 infected and 170 fatalities... I check 5-6 different resources every time and some of them are all paused at the same stats for many many hours at a time.

I just find it odd... with WHO, CDC, scientific institutions and academics all involved in this thing, how are updated stats globally seemingly pausing for durations like this?

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join