It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Impeachemt Vote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: CynConcepts

I like these anecdotal repots, especially because there is no refuting them.

I personally have yet to meet a Trump voter in person who has intimated that they are either happy with Trump or are going to vote for him a second time.

This includes my best friend (was the best man at my wedding), who gleefully voted for Trump in 2016 and was extremely active in Republican politics now assuming a much more subdued opinion on politics and is undecided if he's voting at all or voting against Trump.

Several other conservatives I've spoken to at my workplace around the water-cooler expressed similar misgivings over Trump and their reticence to support him any further.

Potatoe-Potawto

You know why that doesn't make sense? Because Trump hasn't changed one bit since his campaign, other than acting a little more presidential, and outside of democrats hatefully saying no to anything he wants (even something they supported under Obama), he's doing everything he told us he would do if he was voted in. Why in the LMFAO would a guy who supported Trump and his policies stop supporting him for making those policies happen? Unless, of course, you're just full of # and trying to concoct a combative anecdotal story.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I personally have yet to meet a Trump voter in person who has intimated that they are either happy with Trump or are going to vote for him a second time.

This includes my best friend (was the best man at my wedding), who gleefully voted for Trump in 2016 and was extremely active in Republican politics now assuming a much more subdued opinion on politics and is undecided if he's voting at all or voting against Trump.

Several other conservatives I've spoken to at my workplace around the water-cooler expressed similar misgivings over Trump and their reticence to support him any further.

Potatoe-Potawto

Yep, I know I don't tell folks I am going to vote for Trump. I just say, I don't know yet. I blow it off as just all crazy! Blah blah blah and change the subject too. Politics is not a topic to be open about publicly nowadays, especially at work! Those that hate Trump, have no brake on their superiority complex if you let them get rolling. Try to just avoid it all, since no one will be seeing me checking off on Trump come 2020.

Here at ATS...I have a voice. In real world, I am just one of the silent majority.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thus why even now, no impeachment vote, just a inquiry only coming to the house floor.

Because the vote is where the dems lose control.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Sounds like hold backs on both ends, yours and your friend's, to keep the peace. That's the way things usually used to be back in the 80's and 90's (couldn't tell you about any time before then) because people didn't discuss politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Trueman

No, I'm not an extremist and neither are most Americans.

I don't hate you; that's my point! I'm suggesting that's a planted belief from the media. I don't hate you and I don't hate Trump. Neither do most people. Disagreement is NOT hate.

"Disagreement is NOT hate."

I was called a racist because I didn't agree with obama's policies and he wouldn't release his birth certificate.
I was called a homophobe because I didn't agree with gay marriage.
I was called an islamaphobe because I didn't agree with muslims.
I was called a misogynist because I didn't agree with Hillary Clinton.

When do your double standards stop?
Asking for a friend.

And how did you call them?

'chu talkin' about?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I concede.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's cool, just vote the facts, or at least as you can best interpret them, no one can fault you for that if you're being honest with yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Nice! The dude that tried to jump the bridge that was closing, and the Dodge Viper that slid sideways... LOL!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Very true... I sat at home (actually I worked) in the 2008 and 2012 elections. Letting Romney or McCain come in and make the republicans look bad would have been a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Optics!

Its all about portraying Trump in the media in such a negative light all the way to the election!

Pretty sure the media has portrayed trump in a negative light since before he was POTUS.

Well, since he signaled his intent to run for President anyway. Before that he was the NY real estate/property developer golden boy who went on to be a successful TV personality and household name. That's what Oprah told me anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No, they didn't decide that, and I've been lamenting the fact (wasn't that what you initially responded to?)

When Pelosi started impeachment over the Ukraine call, to me, that's a loser. Is what Trump did wrong? Sure why not. Do I think that no President has ever acted in his own interest while in the Oval? Hell no. Is what Trump did impeachable? Well, maybe but it was weak. Did Pelosi and the rest of the dummies shirk their Constitutional duty after Mueller? Absolutely in my opinion, but like usual, it was a smarmy, cowardly political decision based on their own interests not the country's.

(I realize you have a different opinion, and I am not claiming this as fact.)

But Mueller ... that's a 182 pages of prosecutorial goodness in Volume II against the President. I know you read it differently, but it's pretty obvious from what is in the Report, and what he testified to in Congress, that he was 1) fulfilling his duty to the Department of Justice (not Trump, not Barr, DOJ and the integrity of same) and 2) chaffing against the limitations placed on the investigation by DOJ considering the information that was uncovered.

As to the rest of it, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
If you think that, why would you continue to reply? That seems illogical.

Because I'm bored... -yawn-

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
oh so both sides are bad so impeach?

seems lazy to me.....

No, you impeach if the inquiry turns up something impeachable. You stop voting for Democrats and Republicans because they are both s***.

should we vote for Gary Johnson because he packs a mean bong? I'd prefer we had regular folks running for max 8 years, and party wasn't even mentioned. But nobody seems to care what I think. Besides Gunther. Gunther cares.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I couldn't in good conscience vote for Gary Johnson, you know who I voted for. I'd be happy if they just took lobbying and special interest money out, then you'd see who really gave a **** about running for altruistic reasons.

And Gunther cares because DB makes him care. But I care if that's any consolation.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Look at the Central Park 5 case and how he refuses to apologize to the boys that he paid for newspaper's ads to call for their execution, even after they were exonerated. Not only did he refuse to apologize, he criticized New York for settling with them.

He should apologize for believing men committed crimes which they confessed to? Really? That makes a lot of sense and really firms up the ground you're standing on in regards to questioning the actions and positions of another.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Like everyone else in the Midwest in 2008, I voted for Palin.

No one voted for McCain.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Unless, of course, you're just full of # and trying to concoct a combative anecdotal story.

You presume to know my friend better than I?

Why is this your default reaction, and what does this say about you?

There's plenty of reasons he's displeased with Trump (and some he's pleased with). Just because you are fanatical in your love of Trump and everything he's done doesn't mean everyone who voted for Trump is the same. Perhaps that's a good highlight on the disconnect between the die hard Trump supporters here on ATS and the average Trump voter at large.
edit on 44am19famThu, 31 Oct 2019 10:00:38 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 31 Oct 2019 10:00:38 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Potatoe-Potawto

Yep, I know I don't tell folks I am going to vote for Trump. I just say, I don't know yet. I blow it off as just all crazy! Blah blah blah and change the subject too. Politics is not a topic to be open about publicly nowadays, especially at work! Those that hate Trump, have no brake on their superiority complex if you let them get rolling. Try to just avoid it all, since no one will be seeing me checking off on Trump come 2020.

Here at ATS...I have a voice. In real world, I am just one of the silent majority.

Hey I get that and don't doubt a lot of Trump supporters remain mum as you intimate above. That being said, its my best friend, we're close enough to talk about our contrary opinions on politics without harming the bonds of friendship we share, so I feel as if we're both being honest with each other. Its not that he's gone from voting for Trump in '16 to a 'No way in 20' kind of flip, but rather being in the financial sector, he'd be just as happy with a conservative driving the financial sector in traditional ways without the plethora of distasteful and suspect occurrences that seem to emanate from Trump regularly. Whether another option presents itself to him when the time comes to vote remains to be seen (and I strongly suspect there won't be an alternative to Trump he feels he can vote for), but I still felt my interactions with him were a good example of some contrary viewpoints from a Trump voter.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

Sounds like hold backs on both ends, yours and your friend's, to keep the peace. That's the way things usually used to be back in the 80's and 90's (couldn't tell you about any time before then) because people didn't discuss politics.

Well I can't refute that other than to say it doesn't feel that way to me. I'm pretty open with all my opinions and dislikes/fears of Trump, and he respectfully listens and offers his counter-opinions and assessments that contradict or refute my own. In some cases I am relieved that he has a strong enough conviction and understanding of some elements I don't that he feels comfortable where I feel worried, and vice-versa.

The other Trump voters I've met in person and chatted with of course follow decorum enough that its safe to assume more vociferous elements are being shackled. That's why I've mainly focused on my friend.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It was a coerced confession due to shady police interrogation tactics that deprived them of sleep, food and bathroom breaks used against ignorant teenagers without parental consent or a lawyer. They believed if they told the cops what they wanted to hear they could go home. On top of that they had a biased judge and jury with an over zealous prosecutor...not a fair trial by any means.

Trump should absolutely apologize.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join